• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah my mistake. My RE lore knowledge is rusty.
Either way it's definitely not the end of this. Not by a long shot.

Probably nothing considering it's one of the Permanent Security Council members with a veto.
What I'm worried about it how the virus is going to affect global politics depending on how worse the pandemic gets. Could the ramifications lead to a new war in a part of the world or something like that.
Probably not a war, but I could see there definitely be some type of regulations and rules forced upon the country for manufacturing. Wouldn’t be the first country to have this either.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Not to be the DOOM AND GLOOM guy but... big plagues and sicknesses usually happen every hundred years or so. 1820, 1920, now 2020. It just seems to be a thing that happens. History always repeats itself and it's just a shame we didn't see this coming.

Granted. This virus is man made... which may be worse.
Covid-19 is also not nearly as deadly as any of those other outbreaks. It has a mortality rate of like 3.5% or something, a number which is inflated because the mortality rate for those above 80 years old is like 30-40%. Other fatalities are generally from people with weak/compromised immune systems, or people fighting other concurrent illnesses. It's no deadlier than the flu. The only scary thing about it is that it's new and relatively unknown, so there isn't a vaccine or much else known about it, along with it being highly contagious. But if you follow safety guidelines and are simply sanitary, like with any other illness, you should be okay.

Not to mention, modern medicine has come leaps and bounds in the past 100 years. Our understanding of virology is so much more advanced than it was with the Spanish Flu or tuberculosis. 10 years ago we had H1N1, or the Swine Flu (which I actually caught :[ ), which was just a new strain of the Spanish Flu, and it was an epidemic, but one that passed very quickly and with only 500,000-650,000 deaths in the U.S. Of course, I say "only" to half a million deaths, which is not insignificant and still absolutely tragic, but it's not millions of people dropping dead like it's the Black Death again, as many people are picturing Coronavirus.

The only reason it sounds as terrible as it does is because if the media makes it sound scary enough, then they'll get people tuning in daily for updates on the situation. To be fair, we shouldn't dismiss the potential danger and havoc that it's causing, but I think people are just so thirsty for an apocalypse scenario that they're overexaggerating in the face of both the relative tameness of the illness, as well as how equipped most modern civilizations are to deal with most emergencies.

However, it is not a situation that requires you to go to the supermarket and load your car up with nothing but toilet paper, as I've heard in one anecdote about some crazy lady.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
. I know people give Pink Gold Peach ****, but I can believe that she's actually Peach with some sort of metal power up.
My personal headcanon is that PGP and Mario Kart’s version of Metal Mario aren’t actually Peach and Mario, but are actually from an alternate dimension where everyone is metallic. Mario Kart Metal Mario has already been described as being a rival to regular Mario, after all. It’d be really cool to see a track based in that dimension if it were true, ahaha.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There was a video of some man in italy saying that all the past shelves were empty amd was asking what was happening. He then ended it saying "There wasnt that much panic when WW2 started" ending the video with a powerful Mama Mia

D

Deleted member

It’s official: E3 2020 is cancelled

E3.....canceled....?........?....?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
My personal headcanon is that PGP and Mario Kart’s version of Metal Mario aren’t actually Peach and Mario, but are actually from an alternate dimension where everyone is metallic. Mario Kart Metal Mario has already been described as being a rival to regular Mario, after all. It’d be really cool to see a track based in that dimension if it were true, ahaha.
Omg someone else finally gets it! If we actually get a track that's based off of a metal dimension or Hazy Maze Cave I would actually die of happiness.
It's a shame Nintendo doesn't do anything with the metal characters besides chuck them in spinoffs. We could have had a game focused on that concept or something by now.

D

Deleted member

However, it is not a situation that requires you to go to the supermarket and load your car up with nothing but toilet paper, as I've heard in one anecdote about some crazy lady.
there's no toilet paper on the market anywhere and i only have one roll for a 2 person household

this is where i die

D

Deleted member

Well, now that I'm actually feeling better and got a clear head again, I notice how stupid I was. It's what I though and my fever just made me think stupid stuff.

Of course I just binged the third chapter of "Your Time To Die" and now I'm feeling terrible for another reason.
I swear if Keiji and his fabulous abs die someone's gonna get thrown out of a window.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, now that I'm actually feeling better and got a clear head again, I notice how stupid I was. It's what I though and my fever just made me think stupid stuff.

Of course I just binged the third chapter of "Your Time To Die" and now I'm feeling terrible for another reason.
I swear if Keiji and his fabulous abs die someone's gonna get thrown out of a window.
all aboard the "If Keiji dies, I swear to ****ing god" train

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Baby Rosalina is irksome. Like I can believe Baby Mario is what Mario looked like as a baby and all the other babies... but Rosalina didn't start off as a star goddess. Her literal backstory is that she was a normal girl who lost her parents and met Lumas later down the road.
Eh... To me, I consider her as non-canon. Just a "what-if" character along with Baby Daisy that have popped up ever since Baby Mario and Luigi became more prevalent in spin-offs after their debut in Yoshi's Island.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s official: E3 2020 is cancelled

It’s like the universe heard all my wishes for 2020 to be better then 2019 and was like “hmmm, how about we do the exact opposite of that instead!”. **** this year.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
For anyone disappointed about E3's cancellation, it might have been for the best. If you haven't seen/heard of their marketing strategies for this year, it was going to be very... gross:

D

Deleted member

stopped by a lego store in massachusetts in a ragged hoodie and total disaster fit late at night to pick stuff up for my baby cousins this how i felt
1583950113739.png

D

Deleted member

It’s like the universe heard all my wishes for 2020 to be better then 2019 and was like “hmmm, how about we do the exact opposite of that instead!”. **** this year.
Snake, can we please not start this drama again. We get it, the world is looking pretty bleak right now. But as a certain someone would put it
1583950137145.png

D

Deleted member

Anyways, time to uncurse the thread as is my social obligation. Here are doggos

IMG_04751.jpg

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm honestly not upset about e3 being cancelled as long as we still have a direct by June which i'm sure we will.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Indie World may be coming on 18th, and a possible Nintendo Direct will come late March, to be precise around March 26th. It may be earlier or later than that, but a Direct between 24 and 28 March is possible.

Coming from https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/10/march-nintendo-direct-2020/

But if I had to make my guess, I think his guess is improbable. However we'll see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom