• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Funny that I had no problems whatsoever waiting for Smash DLC fighter #5 (Byleth) before the reveal.

Fighter #6, however, is a really strong itch that won't go away.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So today is my first work day since getting my new mattress.

Woke up in the middle of the night due to dehydration, but aside from that I slept alright. Slept in half an hour though, so I wasn't able to get ready in time to take my bike into work. I think I'm going to try to have a glass of water every night shortly before bed to prevent that from now on.

Aside from that I feel...okay. Not tired but not really energized either. I didn't expect a new mattress to be a magical cure for my burn out though. But if I start stacking little life improvements like this I think it'll all add up in the long run.

I know its a bit weird that I keep posting about my sleep quality and such, but I feel like if I tell people about my plans to improve my own quality of life I'm going to feel more obligated to go through with them.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Street Fighter 5 is getting a final Season V with 5 new characters and 3 new stages.

Really hoping for Oro, Makoto, and C. Viper to show up this time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mortal Kombat has evolved a lot. I like that many bosses have become playable throughout the franchise.

...Even if sometimes they take a boss and change them up a bit more than expected(Motaro in Armageddon is weird, though trying to make a Centaur playable in 3D like that is a massive challenge too. It does help he's already bull-like, and they justified it in-universe with the race being cursed. So they made it work in the end, not that the execution was great, imo). But I find something is better than nothing in these cases. Plus, the Wii version was near perfect if it didn't lack online. It had Khameleon finally return, and since she made a cameo in 9 as well, that means that they integrated her into the official canon now. So yes, the Nintendo version of Armageddon is canon. Funny that).

If this is true, that means we get more of the Cyber Ninjas~

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just got to the part of Tales of symphonia where you fight Sheena.

I want this battle music remixed in smash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I have been waiting on the phone for my local Best Buy for 15 minutes, listening to their phone ring.

In this time, I have already ordered what I wanted off of Amazon. So they don't get my money.

Part of me realizes they're probably understaffed and they had only half an hour til closing, and as someone who's worked retail I know that customers can be entitled, but this is just frankly bad customer service. I'm a cordial person, but I don't appreciate getting the middle finger for just trying to call ahead and see if they had what I wanted.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Street Fighter 5 is getting a final Season V with 5 new characters and 3 new stages.

Do we know for sure that it's the final season? I figured the last one (E. Honda, Poison, Lucia, Kage, Gill, Seth) was the final season when they released a version of the game that contained every single costume, when those were previously paid DLC, and yet they're still going.

EDIT: checked the blog post; it does outright say that it's the final season. I wonder if the whole line-up is going to be announced at EVO Online.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

well this is really cool

i was kinda sad when it seemed like they had finished it off on seth of all people

now i'd usually hope for my boy remy to make it in, but i actually want them to save him for a game that takes place after 3

this is because

in 3rd strike

remy was my favorite character. i loved his design, i loved how he played......but i do NOT like his actual character

BUT

in his ending in that game, he actually undergoes Character DevelopmentTM, where he realizes

"wait

maybe i shouldn't be such a mopey-ass ************"

but since 5 takes place before 3, he'd probably stay the same, so i say save him for a game that takes place after 3

so uhhhhhhhh dan time it is then i guess

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Dudley and Viper are really the only characters I feel are missing. Maybe finally take the plunge and put Haggar in there?

I guess T. Hawk, Fei Long, and Dee Jay too but does anyone actually care about them outside of them being Street Fighter II characters?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dudley and Viper are really the only characters I feel are missing. Maybe finally take the plunge and put Haggar in there?

I guess T. Hawk, Fei Long, and Dee Jay too but does anyone actually care about them outside of them being Street Fighter II characters?
I like T. Hawk. But beyond that? Nah. Makoto is probably one they’ll do considering her popularity. I’d love it if they added Necro and his chainsaw wielding girlfriend. I would personally love it if they just bit the bullet and added at least ONE non-Capcom guest character. Come on C, everybody’s doin it. I don’t even care who. Just pick a character you really like and would have fun making.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ok chat
Two questions:

1. Why should i start playing melee competitively?
2. Why should i NOT start playing melee competitively?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Every day I think of new games I want ported to Switch. This time it’s Punch-Out!! Wii. Please. I know it’s 20 bucks on Wii U but I don’t want it on Wii U.

Ok chat
Two questions:

1. Because, I assume, you’d find it fun.
2. Because you’ll be overwhelmed and bashed by multiple people who take it way too seriously

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ok chat
Two questions:

1. You enjoy the game at higher levels of play.
2. You don't enjoy the game at higher of levels of play.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played my first game of Predator: Hunting Grounds. (the Dutch DLC is out, and I'm a big Schwarzenegger fan) I survived, which surprised me - it seemed like the Predator was targeting me quite a bit, though I don't know if that's because I'm a new player, because I wasn't attentive enough, or because I was playing as Ahnold.

I'm looking forward to starting a quickplay match and winding up with a whole team of Ahnolds.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just lived through the most intense game of Mario Party 7 I've ever had.

The game ended with everyone with close coin totals and all at 4 stars, at that point we had to rely on the bonus stars to determine who wins.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I like T. Hawk. But beyond that? Nah. Makoto is probably one they’ll do considering her popularity. I’d love it if they added Necro and his chainsaw wielding girlfriend. I would personally love it if they just bit the bullet and added at least ONE non-Capcom guest character. Come on C, everybody’s doin it. I don’t even care who. Just pick a character you really like and would have fun making.
Or we could not force an unnecessary crossover.

Just because everyone does it doesn't make it the right thing to do. After all, if all your friends were named Cliff, would ya jump off them?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Just because everyone does it doesn't make it the right thing to do. After all, if all your friends were named Cliff, would ya jump off them?
If they are going to do a crossover, it should be with a series that already exists within Street fighter canon, like Rival schools.

It would be cool to see those characters aged up a bit like Sakura was.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's go DUDLEY! Seriously though, I hope he's one of the characters added.

Dudley-SF3-Stance.gif

Ever since I saw him, he was one of my favorite SF characters.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So anyway, should I consider Pepsiman and Angry Birds for my Sonic fighting game?
Of course! I’d love to see those in your game! Those are some of my favorite video game chara-
tis a joke Nate.
Dammit.
Also yeah I knew it was a joke. Luckily my sense of humor isn’t too awful. Yet.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
been marathoning Clone Wars...on the final season...each season had a budget increase up until 7...they got the DISNEY INCREASE

down to the last 4 episodes and I am ****ing ready

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

But it’s fun. And I’m asking them to do a character that they WANT to do. If there isn’t anyone they would want to do, then don’t do it. That, by it’s own nature, can’t be forced. And a lot of people like guest characters, I wanna say more do then don’t. Because every time a FG dev reports on their DLC characters, they’re always “the guest character sold more then anyone else!”

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If they are going to do a crossover, it should be with a series that already exists within Street fighter canon, like Rival schools.

SF5 takes place before SF3, so some of those characters should probably be a year or two younger. I'm pretty sure Ibuki is more or less the same age.

It makes sense why Karin and Sakura got older since they were around since the Alpha games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
SF5 takes place before SF3, so some of those characters should probably be a year or two younger. I'm pretty sure Ibuki is more or less the same age.

It makes sense why Karin and Sakura got older since they were around since the Alpha games.
I'm talking about Rival schools, which is part of street fighter canon, Sakura during the alpha games was friends with one of the kids from that game, so they were in high school at the same time. Ergo the cast of Rival schools would be adults like Sakura and Karin are now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm talking about Rival schools, which is part of street fighter canon, Sakura during the alpha games was friends with one of the kids from that game, so they were in high school at the same time. Ergo the cast of Rival schools would be adults like Sakura and Karin are now.
Oh yeah, the Rival Schools people would be a bit older yeah. Question is, who do they go with?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Rival Schools in SF would be cool (Batsu, Akira, that guy that was in SvC) but they already DK that all the time with Final Fight. I’m not saying they shouldn’t do a Rival Schools character. But I want a true guest character. From outside of Street Fighter, from outside of Capcom.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You talking about Iron Mike? Sighs. I wish I could play the original version, just because the idea of beating Mike Tyson is more appealing then beating “Mr. Dream”.
At the end of the day, it's lucky that Nintendo could keep the rights to most of the content in the original. Imagine if Fuji TV owned the rights to all of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic and not just the main cast. No Super Mario Bros. 2 :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom