• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So let me get this straight, you play the role of a shogun that controls a giant magical pinball to bowl over armies and giant human heads with spider legs?

I don't know what stuff the Odama team was one when they made that game. And people say Rhythm Heaven is the weirdest Nintendo IP.
Perhaps being too weird and Japanese is one of the reasons why the game flopped.

That or pinball doesn't work well with consoles.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So let me get this straight, you play the role of a shogun that controls a giant magical pinball to bowl over armies and giant human heads with spider legs?

I don't know what stuff the Odama team was one when they made that game. And people say Rhythm Heaven is the weirdest Nintendo IP.
Meh, Cubivore has you eat people and become stronger and ****. If Switch gets GC VC somehow I'll gladly play both

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just watched last night's Samurai Jack. Holy ****! Best episode so far!
Such an awesome nostalgia trip (though I was somewhat not a fan how past Jack was drawn). Demongo was the most unexpected character as I thought Aku ended him. Great to see Scaramouche too. Finally, the Jack scene was one of the most eye opening things I've seen.

Though I was shocked at the amount of mature content. The softcore nudity, "damn", and most shocking was "penis".

Let the record state that "everyone looks good in a suit" also applies to people who are ugly as sin like I am.

I look goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Also the speaker said the US only has 15 states and pronounced american samoa as "American Samo" lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just looked the Switch Speculation thread to see what peoples were talking,
And now, I'm having another Vietnam flashback.
God damnit Smash speculation, I remember why I hate you.:4morton:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I wonder how the people who spotted the last dodo bird must have felt like. While I'm still not sure, I think I can begin to relate a bit.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Turn Left is on rain delay and NBA only has depressive games.
Dis Sunday will be slow.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yo, I made it into RelaxAlax's newest video.
I'm the one at the 6 minute mark. It's also a pretty good video.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As expected, Chibi Robo had won. But that's not saying much when his franchise lived long enough, before Zip Lash flopped recently (along with his own Amiibo) unlike the other three characters he was paired with. Shame the cute little bot will never get the love he deserves.

Rambling aside, I'll just finish things off with the Gamecube. Some are Western developed and one is a Japanese pinball game that fell off the radar quickly. Your choices are Alexander Roivas and Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness, John Raimi from Geist (@NonSpecificGuy), and Yamanouchi Kagetora from Odama. A lot of these are fairly forgotten characters, so tread carefully.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Can't wait for the Wii. And no I've already covered the casual fodder. I know for a fact that there are other IP's that I've missed like Captain Rainbow.
John Raimi would probably be my vote. I mean, ghost powers could be kind of cool to use in any fighting game. Smash would be no exception.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Booing the other team in a hockey game is pretty rude.
reminds me of the time during the olympics where a saccor player posted something twitter about bringng tons of bug spray to Brazil I think because of the Zika virus. Of course, that disnt go well with Brazilians and eveytime she came out on thw feild they would all go "zika"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
reminds me of the time during the olympics where a saccor player posted something twitter about bringng tons of bug spray to Brazil I think because of the Zika virus. Of course, that disnt go well with Brazilians and eveytime she came out on thw feild they would all go "zika"
She just sounds like a ***** honestly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been trying so hard to do the most terrible and arbitrary long form piece of writing I've ever had to do for a course.

But I can't do it anymore.

It's driving me crazy.

I've just stopped caring.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched the cutscenes of the "Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku" video game. Dear lord, the models and animations are just awful (even for a GameCube/PlayStation 2 game). Though good for them to have the original cast.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watched the cutscenes of the "Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku" video game. Dear lord, the models and animations are just awful (even for a GameCube/PlayStation 2 game). Though good for them to have the original cast.
I imagine that Samurai Jack would be one of the hardest 2D shows to translate fully into 3D without a lot of time and effort put into doing so.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I imagine that Samurai Jack would be one of the hardest 2D shows to translate fully into 3D without a lot of time and effort put into doing so.
Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion did a fantastic job (even on the 3DS/Wii ports which aren't all that different form GC/PS2 graphics-wise)

Samurai-Jack-Punch-Time-Explosion.jpg

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Even back then I thought that game looked like trash.

Sucks, the series would probably make for a pretty great game. Maybe we could get Platinum on that...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a new keyboard. It's mostly a temporary keyboard.

It's a weird keyboard and is going to take a bit of time to learn how to use

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The most recent Sonic Forces Japanese interview has been translated:

https://sonicjpnews.tumblr.com/post/159914016266/20170423-sonic-forces-interview-article

The most noteworthy things are:

-Sonic Forces will be aiming for a more serious tone. We know that, but he also mentions here that they are specifically doing this so they can differentiate Sonic Team's "Modern Sonic" from "Sonic Boom's comedic touch". This was also the reason why they made the reveal trailer for the game so ominous - they wanted this to be apparent from the get go. However, there will still be brighter stages, and while the city level depicted so far is more realistic, the game in general is aiming for a more cartoony aesthetic, at least in his opinion.

-Iizuka was actually asked why the team is using in-house tools like the Hedgehog Engine 2 to develop the game and not just using more open source/licensed engines (like Unreal Engine 4) - the reason for this is because since Sonic's gameplay revolves around fast moving gameplay that surpasses speeds of most other games, it's necessary for them to develop their own development tools in most cases to ensure the team has the exact tools they need to develop the game in a timely fashion.

-The game is coming along smoothly, and Iizuka thinks it won't be delayed past it's Holiday 2017 release date. The game is currently playable from start to finish (which most likely means they are currently debugging the game, polishing up animations and visuals, and adding any extra content the game will include).

Can anyone explain the title to me?
Did someone hurt Opo? Is he okay?

Lenin-chan is obviously best girl
Marx-senpai has nothing on him
I hurt his pride as a puzzle master and my prize was getting to choose the thread title.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last one was John Raimi. This is a surprise as to Eternal Darkness was always a more fondly remembered classic than the likes of Geist. There was even a Kickstarter for an indie spiritual successor that's possibly in development hell. I guess some can see more potential in him as a ghost with possession as his main gimmick.

Now we are back in Wiivile, but there are no casual franchises this time. Your choices are Zael from The Last Story (@Xeno VII), Aaron from Pandora's Tower, the Diver from Endless Ocean, and Captain Rainbow from well... Captain Rainbow. Not to worry Wonderful 101 fans, your time will come soon.

I'm so hyped for Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo this week.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The most recent Sonic Forces Japanese interview has been translated:

https://sonicjpnews.tumblr.com/post/159914016266/20170423-sonic-forces-interview-article

The most noteworthy things are:

-Sonic Forces will be aiming for a more serious tone. We know that, but he also mentions here that they are specifically doing this so they can differentiate Sonic Team's "Modern Sonic" from "Sonic Boom's comedic touch". This was also the reason why they made the reveal trailer for the game so ominous - they wanted this to be apparent from the get go. However, there will still be brighter stages, and while the city level depicted so far is more realistic, the game in general is aiming for a more cartoony aesthetic, at least in his opinion.

-Iizuka was actually asked why the team is using in-house tools like the Hedgehog Engine 2 to develop the game and not just using more open source/licensed engines (like Unreal Engine 4) - the reason for this is because since Sonic's gameplay revolves around fast moving gameplay that surpasses speeds of most other games, it's necessary for them to develop their own development tools in most cases to ensure the team has the exact tools they need to develop the game in a timely fashion.

-The game is coming along smoothly, and Iizuka thinks it won't be delayed past it's Holiday 2017 release date. The game is currently playable from start to finish (which most likely means they are currently debugging the game, polishing up animations and visuals, and adding any extra content the game will include).

I hurt his pride as a puzzle master and my prize was getting to choose the thread title.
Sounds like it's going for an Adventure style tone. I dig it
The winner of the last one was John Raimi. This is a surprise as to Eternal Darkness was always a more fondly remembered classic than the likes of Geist. There was even a Kickstarter for an indie spiritual successor that's possibly in development hell. I guess some can see more potential in him as a ghost with possession as his main gimmick.

Now we are back in Wiivile, but there are no casual franchises this time. Your choices are Zael from The Last Story (@Xeno VII), Aaron from Pandora's Tower, the Diver from Endless Ocean, and Captain Rainbow from well... Captain Rainbow. Not to worry Wonderful 101 fans, your time will come soon.

Endless Ocean diver for Smash pls

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Seeing all this Captain Rainbow support makes my heart flutter.

Too bad we will never get the damn game in the West because Nintendo probably didn't want to ruin childhoods with Takamaru and Birdo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Seeing all this Captain Rainbow support makes my heart flutter.

Too bad we will never get the damn game in the West because Nintendo probably didn't want to ruin childhoods with Takamaru and Birdo.
I'd imagine a lot of Birdo fans would be triggered if they heard she was a very dirty girl. Maximum childhood ruined.

Given how little people know about Takamaru, it probably would be a Captain Falcon Smash situation where they expect him to be as perverted if the Assist Trophy was confirmed years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom