• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So my brother downloaded Fire Emblem Heroes today. He's only played Awakening, but he was excited nonetheless. He really wanted Stahl, since he was a standout in his Awakening run.

His first pull was a four star Chrom.

It took me two months to get Chrom. Two months. He summoned Chrom in two minutes. I am never living this down.

And then to add insult to injury he gets a four star Setsuna this early, and she is pretty damn good from what I hear. And then he ends up getting Stahl as his third summon. I can't handle his luck. I'm basically Arthur in comparison.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, Injustice 2's release date is less than a month out. I'll tell you what if they announce Spawn or Hellboy within the next few weeks I'm going to throw my money all over the Netherrealm Studios parking lot and beg Boony boy to give it to me early.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So, Injustice 2's release date is less than a month out. I'll tell you what if they announce Spawn or Hellboy within the next few weeks I'm going to throw my money all over the Netherrealm Studios parking lot and beg Boony boy to give it to me early.
Hellboy would be siccckkk. Especially if Perlman came back to voice him.

I wish we got a third movie. They were pretty good

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm going to be disappointed if we get any non-DC characters. We do NOT need any Non-DC characters in what is supposed to be their game. I hated that they put Scorpion in in place of the many, MANY other DC characters that could've gotten into the game (I'm just happy most everyone I wanted in the game got into Injustice 2)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So my brother downloaded Fire Emblem Heroes today. He's only played Awakening, but he was excited nonetheless. He really wanted Stahl, since he was a standout in his Awakening run.

His first pull was a four star Chrom.

It took me two months to get Chrom. Two months. He summoned Chrom in two minutes. I am never living this down.

And then to add insult to injury he gets a four star Setsuna this early, and she is pretty damn good from what I hear. And then he ends up getting Stahl as his third summon. I can't handle his luck. I'm basically Arthur in comparison.
As far as I'm aware, Setsuna has the highest speed in Heroes.

She has a build called 'Quadsuna' where she can take out a team by herself.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm going to be disappointed if we get any non-DC characters. We do NOT need any Non-DC characters in what is supposed to be their game. I hated that they put Scorpion in in place of the many, MANY other DC characters that could've gotten into the game (I'm just happy most everyone I wanted in the game got into Injustice 2)
Your disappointment depends on if you think Sub-Zero and Spawn and maybe even Hellboy are considered DC characters.

I mean, yeah it is nice for DC to have their own fighting game and all but considering how restrictive they always are on the base character roster I feel like DLC needs to give some levity. I would love to see some Vertigo love with one of the Watchmen, V, or Constantine but none of those would really hit me hard like the Spawn would. Honestly he's the one I REALLY want even since the Injustice 1 days. A MK character is nearly a given and they do TECHNICALLY have their own DC comics. Spawn crossed over with Batman once. And Hellboy had that whole Batman/Hellboy/Starman series. So if you just want ONLY DC Universe characters you are killing off a lot of other characters. Specifically inside of DC you're killing off the Watchmen, and any Vertigo series' that exist.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Your disappointment depends on if you think Sub-Zero and Spawn and maybe even Hellboy are considered DC characters.

I mean, yeah it is nice for DC to have their own fighting game and all but considering how restrictive they always are on the base character roster I feel like DLC needs to give some levity. I would love to see some Vertigo love with one of the Watchmen, V, or Constantine but none of those would really hit me hard like the Spawn would. Honestly he's the one I REALLY want even since the Injustice 1 days. A MK character is nearly a given and they do TECHNICALLY have their own DC comics. Spawn crossed over with Batman once. And Hellboy had that whole Batman/Hellboy/Starman series. So if you just want ONLY DC Universe characters you are killing off a lot of other characters. Specifically inside of DC you're killing off the Watchmen, and any Vertigo series' that exist.
Actually Doctor Manhattan would still be eligible thanks to DC Rebirth.

I'm betting we'll see a Watchmen character though. Probably Rorschach or Dr. Manhattan

Also DC puts out the Mortal Kombat comics so they're still DC too lol

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dude, I'd be ecstatic to see Spawn in another fighter. The Soul Calibur 2 version was alright, but only scratched the surface of what he can do. They gave him a couple of ectoplasm attacks, but I think his chains should have been used for throws. Maybe for some whip moves as well.

I want Spawn in more games. Put him in Marvel Infinite too, **** it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I really want Static in. That'd be awesome as hell.

The fact he's in the mobile version gives him a decent chance too

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If we're talking guest characters for I2, my preferences would lean towards Rorschach of Watchmen fame and Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero would definitely be met with criticism as much as Scorps did, not to mention we've got Captain Cold as the 'Ice fighter,' so I doubt those outside of the MK fanbase would react positively towards Sub-Zero's potential inclusion. Rorschach on the other hand, would be pretty badass to see in action, so hopefully they could pull it off. I wouldn't object to having Spawn or Hellboy in the game, since both of them have gotten plenty of requests, and might get me more familiar with the characters as a result.

I really want Static in. That'd be awesome as hell.

The fact he's in the mobile version gives him a decent chance too
Count me in on that too - Static is long overdue for a proper playable appearance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking guest characters for I2, my preferences would lean towards Rorschach of Watchmen fame and Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero would definitely be met with criticism as much as Scorps did, not to mention we've got Captain Cold as the 'Ice fighter,' so I doubt those outside of the MK fanbase would react positively towards Sub-Zero's potential inclusion. Rorschach on the other hand, would be pretty badass to see in action, so hopefully they could pull it off. I wouldn't object to having Spawn or Hellboy in the game, since both of them have gotten plenty of requests, and might get me more familiar with the characters as a result.

Count me in on that too - Static is long overdue for a proper playable appearance.
I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't mind Sub-Zero. Mostly because he's my favorite MK character. I think you'd also have to take into account that this game has both Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy, who both happen to have plant based attacks, yet are extremely different fighters. The same goes for Green Lantern and Atrocitus having constructs as their gimmick. Superman and Supergirl have the same powers yet play differently. And to a lesser extent, Catwoman and Cheeta, who are basically acrobatic slashers.

With that in mind, and what we saw with Captain Cold, I wouldn't worry about him being too similar to Sub-Zero. Captain Cold doesn't have Ice Klones or slides for example. Sub-Zero could also use close range weapons like the sword and hammer for special moves.

Rorschach's cool and all, but you'd have to reach a bit to make his fighting moves really cool looking in comparison to everyone else in the game.

I agree with Static though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was talking about Shovel Knight in the SG disord and he seems to have a lot of cross promotion.

http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/Appearances_in_Other_Media

Some of them are flat out nonsensical. :laugh:
Shovel Knight is basically the face of indies now. Its why I can see that he would be possible for Smash if they wanted to rep their new indiustry in indies.
So for the rest of you Star vs The Forces of Evil fans, we have some season three news. They showed off a sneak peek at the SvtFOE event at Gallery Nucleus, and...

They showed off the season three intro. That's right, season three gets a new intro.
People weren't allowed to record it and surprisingly the Internet seemed to listen for once, so here's what happened, basically.

- Marco and Star go through dimensions again, and Star is happy again. Marco is wearing a cape like his one in Running with Scissors.

- Tom is in the intro and shows off some demon powers, possibly hinting that his role might be expanded this season.

- Mina is back! This one surprised me a bit. I thought she'd be a one-off.

- One of the dimensions they travel through is Rhombulus'. While Rhombulus and the rest of the Council are absent from the intro, likely due to what happened last season, Eclipsa's crystal is shown.

- It shows off both Goblin Dogs and Kelly again, possibly meaning Kelly might get promoted to main cast/larger supporting cast.

- Some people are saying Janna was shown, some say Ponyhead was shown. How the **** they got these two confused, I don't know. But one of them is there.

- Like how in the last intro Star went from Mewni to Earth, here, Marco goes from Earth to Mewni using his dimensional scissors. This likely means most of season three takes place on Mewni, which is supported by the fact that the intro contains mostly other-dimensional characters.

- Jackie is supposedly nowhere in the intro and now half the fandom is having a collective panic attack.

- The intro ends with Star and Marco fighting a Toffee-possessed Ludo. Hype! Also Glossaryck is beside Toffee!Ludo in the intro, so the book is probably staying with Ludo for a while longer.

So yeah, that's pretty hype. Kind of a lot to take in.
Wow that is a lot! This sounds really hype though and I can't wait to hear more!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So today I've put in some time with Snipperclips with my buddy...played two player with the joy-cons, decided to bring my dock to his place since he wasn't a fan of playing on the small screen when playing the demo (I usually go to his to play Smash on his wii u and I just bring my portable device over, plus he doesn't drive so he can't come over to my place)...

Was a lot of fun, at first we went through all the levels I already played through which was the entire first world and a few puzzles in the second world...Was quite funny watching him struggle on some of these puzzles (especially one with the Bowling Ball)...
I do have to say that these puzzles are quite clever and honestly not too much unlike the puzzles from the shrines in Breath of the Wild, moreso in the fact that there's 'no right answer' to solving these puzzles, as my buddy figured out how to solve some of these puzzles differently than how I did on my own...

Music is the typical 'Nintendo mini-game puzzle music' which isn't bad by any means and sometimes makes certain situations seem even funnier given the more whimsical style it has...The visuals are simple but neat, I like that they change up the themes as you progress into the different worlds so you're not looking at the same stuff the entire time, gives the levels some decent variety...No real need to talk about the characters since watching a few minutes of gameplay footage can give you a good enough sense of their charm, but I like the personality they show when you're doing certain actions...

At this point my buddy and I have only just made it to the third world so I'm not entirely sure how much this game really has in terms of depth but with 15 puzzles in each world and there being at least three with likely still more on the way in addition to two other multiplayer game modes (I'm guessing one involves a 2-4 player co-op and the other a 2-4 player versus probably) there's likely a fair amount of content in this game

With all that said there's one major problem I'm encountering, and it's less tied to the game itself but rather the controllers, I have used the single joy-con a few times but never for longer periods of time until now (since for multiplayer I currently have no other choice) and my hand starts to cramp quite a bit after a while...I was using the right joy-con and pretty much my left hand was aching on the ring and pinky fingers down to my wrist...I would imagine the opposite would be true if I was using the left joy-con but when it comes to playing multiplayer games this may be problematic as it does end up being uncomfortable over time...
not going to jump on board grabbing a Pro Controller just yet, but as I already had other complaints about the single joy-con for multiplayer experiences I'm definitely going to start considering it a bit more...I'm going to wait for other multiplayer games to release first however as I'm not going to drop $100+ on a new controller just for Snipperclips (though of course getting a second controller isn't just going to be for multiplayer as I can use it for other games as a primary controller)

TL;DR
Snipperclips is fun as hell, single joy-con controllers suck and I'm starting to heavily consider getting a Pro Controller if I find myself playing more multiplayer games...

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Wait I wasn't aware Batman and Hellboy crossed over. I should've been more specific, I meant DC-owned, I wouldn't mind seeing Vertigo, Wildstorm, or Milestone characters. I would love John Constantine in Injustice. I do know about the Mortal Kombat DC Comics, but IMO that's kind of like asking for Star Wars characters in MVC, technically they DO make the licensed comics, but they're not company-owned properties. That's just how I see it, no offense. Even though those guys have crossed over, Captain Atom, Red Tornado, John Constantine, Shade the Changing Man, Midnighter, Larfleeze, Felix Faust, The Specter, Static, Black Manta, Icon, Klarion, and Kal'Dur, among others, I would say take precedence.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait I wasn't aware Batman and Hellboy crossed over. I should've been more specific, I meant DC-owned, I wouldn't mind seeing Vertigo, Wildstorm, or Milestone characters. I would love John Constantine in Injustice. I do know about the Mortal Kombat DC Comics, but IMO that's kind of like asking for Star Wars characters in MVC, technically they DO make the licensed comics, but they're not company-owned properties. That's just how I see it, no offense. Even though those guys have crossed over, Captain Atom, Red Tornado, John Constantine, Shade the Changing Man, Midnighter, Larfleeze, Felix Faust, The Specter, Static, Black Manta, Icon, Klarion, and Kal'Dur, among others, I would say take precedence.
You have no idea how much I want Darth Vader in MvC:I...

That's besides the point though. I don't know if those characters you listed will show up in this game, though there ARE 9 DLC characters coming which is a WHOLE lot so there's a chance. NetherRealm is really good with mixing their characters up from game to game with new, returning, and oldschool characters in terms of MK. In Injustice 2 over half of the roster is new characters so that's super good! I could definitely see those characters appearing in an Injustice 3 but I do think we'll at least get Spawn, maybe Sub-Zero, and (pipe dream) Hellboy in this one. I don't think we'll get anymore than that though. Those 3 guests are MORE than enough and they all have some kind of history with DC. Unlike Predator, Alien, Leatherface, Jason, and Freddy with MK the guest characters in this game, I feel, have to have at least crossed over with another DCU character or outright owned by DC as in the Vertigo characters (Though those are technically owned by the original creators so). We'll see in the coming weeks because there's only one character left to be revealed before the 9 (10 counting Darkseid) DLC characters and that last one is obviously The Joker, so after his reveal we'll start seeing some of the DLC characters. I feel like if one of those 3 are in the game they'll start the DLC announcements with Spawn.

The reason I want Spawn and Hellboy so badly is because they're both published by lesser known 'Indie' comic publishers. Spawn being McFarlane and Image and Hellboy being Dark Horse whom are never going to get their own individual fighting games so, like, ay what the hell add them in. That's my opinion of course yours is always welcome to defer because I REALLY do understand the sentiment behind a DC only fighting game since DC didn't really have any kind of fighting game till MKvDC which had mixed reception.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
You have no idea how much I want Darth Vader in MvC:I...

That's besides the point though. I don't know if those characters you listed will show up in this game, though there ARE 9 DLC characters coming which is a WHOLE lot so there's a chance. NetherRealm is really good with mixing their characters up from game to game with new, returning, and oldschool characters in terms of MK. In Injustice 2 over half of the roster is new characters so that's super good! I could definitely see those characters appearing in an Injustice 3 but I do think we'll at least get Spawn, maybe Sub-Zero, and (pipe dream) Hellboy in this one. I don't think we'll get anymore than that though. Those 3 guests are MORE than enough and they all have some kind of history with DC. Unlike Predator, Alien, Leatherface, Jason, and Freddy with MK the guest characters in this game, I feel, have to have at least crossed over with another DCU character or outright owned by DC as in the Vertigo characters (Though those are technically owned by the original creators so). We'll see in the coming weeks because there's only one character left to be revealed before the 9 (10 counting Darkseid) DLC characters and that last one is obviously The Joker, so after his reveal we'll start seeing some of the DLC characters. I feel like if one of those 3 are in the game they'll start the DLC announcements with Spawn.

The reason I want Spawn and Hellboy so badly is because they're both published by lesser known 'Indie' comic publishers. Spawn being McFarlane and Image and Hellboy being Dark Horse whom are never going to get their own individual fighting games so, like, ay what the hell add them in. That's my opinion of course yours is always welcome to defer because I REALLY do understand the sentiment behind a DC only fighting game since DC didn't really have any kind of fighting game till MKvDC which had mixed reception.
I understand what you're saying. When you put it like that, I can totally see the reasoning for Spawn and Hellboy. Though I feel Spawn is more suited to Mortal Kombat. Hellboy at the very least would be cool, esp. if they get Perlman back (Though if they can get Robert fragging Englund and C. Thomas Howell, they shouldn't have a problem with other A-List talent). I would especially love it if, if they did have Spawn, it was Kieth David voicing him instead of the guy who played him in the movie. Right, even if they're not in this time around, there's always an Injustice 3. I'm glad you see my side, and I'm glad I got a better view as to your side. I hope we both get what we want. I did see Terminator on that list of possible DLC too, though I feel like he'd be more suited to MK as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
on the subject of comics, i would like to remind everyone that roham space knight is a toy that had zero backstory whos comic liscense was given to marvel for a time which lead to several canonical changes to the marvel universe that are still in effect...like rouge being a member of the Xmen, look it up

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My wallet is already picking out its casket with just the first 4 months of this year... We haven't even made it to the big E3 announcements but I already know I'm picking up a friggin TON of games this year.
  • Persona 5
  • Horizon
  • Breath of the Wild (Already got this with a Switch so ~$400 right there)
  • Prey
  • Injustice 2
  • Crash Trilogy
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Xenoblade 2 (if it makes it this year)
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • EA's Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Resident Evil VII
  • Nier: Automata
  • Kingdom Hearts ReMix Collection
  • Ultra Street Fighter II
  • Tekken 7
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Skyrim: Switch Edition
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
And none of that is even mentioning the games that I didn't get to play last year, nor does it include any surprise games from E3, AND that's only the games I'M interested in. That's way too good of a line up for this year like, holy damn man. R.I.P. my wallet...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If for whatever reason Vader gets into MVC:I, whether it be base roster or DLC, I want Araki to let Capcom use a Jojo character in the game too.

Give me best Jojo, aka any of the Jojo of parts 1-4.

Inb4 epic trailer:
>All the characters fighting each other on a big battlefield.
>Time suddenly stops
>Lets count to 9
>Big*** roadroller lands on the middle of the field
> U S E L E S S
>MassiveSizedPogChamp.png

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
My wallet is already picking out its casket with just the first 4 months of this year... We haven't even made it to the big E3 announcements but I already know I'm picking up a friggin TON of games this year.
  • Persona 5
  • Horizon
  • Prey
  • Injustice 2
  • Crash Trilogy
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Resident Evil VII
  • Tekken 7
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
And none of that is even mentioning the games that I didn't get to play last year, nor does it include any surprise games from E3, AND that's only the games I'M interested in. That's way too good of a line up for this year like, holy damn man. R.I.P. my wallet...
Based on that list alone, and assuming each game is $60, that adds to $1500.

Seriously, your wallet is going to be crying by time it's after E3 :p

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
  • Persona 5
  • Horizon
  • Prey
  • Injustice 2
  • Crash Trilogy
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Fire Emblem Echoes
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Resident Evil VII
  • Tekken 7
  • ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
I've only got a half a dozen of those I've either already bought or am already heavily considering and I still feel showered with games, LOL. That's not even getting into the possibility of me impulse buying something else like I did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. And again, not even E3 yet.

If your wallet is surviving the Switch alone by the end of it you're probably doing it wrong. Although TBH it's not this year that scares me as much as the consolidated pipeline as a whole. First party wise I get the feeling the Switch will actually accelerate instead of slow down in terms of quality output, and at the very least I expect any devs that can't get their games out this year to put them on the system next year, which would cause another big wave of games.

This will require careful consideration, planning, aaaaannnd my mood hasn't been fitting that lately. Or ever. But on the bright side, the two big games I paid for so far have Metacritic scores of 97 and 94. Can't say I haven't somehow stumbled into quality despite my preference towards "bad" games.

Not like I can even preorder most of the biggest considerations from most retailers other than the game I know for sure I'm getting prior to E3 happening and me having a slightly better idea what I'm getting into, anyway.

*EDIT* Oh, a TV Tropes page for odd time signatures? Hey, may as well check for songs I recognize. . .oh hey, speaking of Mario Kart 8. I may as well give this a listen and see what's up since I'm going to have it soon enough.

DANG, people were NOT joking when they said this game had a good soundtrack.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently this stream is to have "new Sonic information" tomorrow, according to the official Japanese Sonic Twitter, so maybe keep an eye out on this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason when they remade Mario 3 for Mario all stars, they remade all the unused content left behind from Mario 3 with better graphics

That's weird. I wonder if they were planning on implementing it into the game or if they forgot what was used and unused and just remade everything they found

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I kinda hope Johnny Cage gets in over Sub-Zero. That'd be fun.

Also I hope Red Hood doesn't make in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Poor Zael didn't stand a chance when Captain Rainbow joined the ring. I don't have a proper explanation other than people liking his design or the game's concept when there's no way we would get that in the West. Oh well, may you have better lack next time Zae Zae.

This is going to be the last round of Wii games before I handle Fatal Frane before moving on to 3DS stuff. Your choices are Calista from The Last Story (Tagging @Xeno VII and @PreedReve), Flip from Fling Smash, Sin & Punishment 2's Isa Jo, and Froy from the Japan-only gritty Zangeki no Regenleiv. The reasons why Freya and Kachi aren't here is because they are alt material at best.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Golden Week still sucks though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Probably going to be the only one around here who knows what Zangeki no Regenleiv is. Seriously, it's one of the few Nintendo games based on Norse mythology and it's developed by the Earth Defense Force team.

Name one other Nintendo game where you can slice a giant into a bloody mess of gore and gibs?

D

Deleted member

Probably going to be the only one around here who knows what Zangeki no Regenleiv is. Seriously, it's one of the few Nintendo games based on Norse mythology and it's developed by the Earth Defense Force team.
*Raises hand* I've heard of it! And yes, even before the trophy cameos of Frey and Freya.
Name one other Nintendo game where you can slice a giant into a bloody mess of gore and gibs?
And they said that Nintendo was just for kids.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
UPDATE: NEOGAF SLEUTHERS COMING THROUGH!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234555315&postcount=7897

According to this post, a woman from Capcom Europe PR was at an airport with Combofiend (one of the people woking on Marvel Infinite and a well known member of the FGC) last week going... somewhere. Nothing much right?

Well, in a second tweet, she mentioned how she went to an event in Hamburg, a city in (you guessed it), Germany; the same place where the Marvel Infinite press event supposedly was going to take place (or has at this point) according to Ryce.

Someone else also found a tweet where she explicitly mentions being in Germany, with Combofiend in the picture too.

What does this mean? It means that either Capcom duped us big time, or Ryce's source is correct, and that we will be getting some Marvel Infinite information by the end of the week. And considering Ryce said there were some big surprises in store for us, let's hope it really will finally break the information drought for this game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I kinda hope Johnny Cage gets in over Sub-Zero. That'd be fun.

Also I hope Red Hood doesn't make in.
Johnny Cage did well on the MK character poll. Second behind Sub-Zero and just ahead of Raiden.
I imagine he'll be in even if we get Sub.

I agree on Red Hood but only in regards to Jason Todd because Deadshot covers very similar ground.
Joker Red Hood I'm fine with because it's the Joker and it'll be a Gear Piece if it happens.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>be me
>be wearing a Rosalina t-shirt
>classmate sees it
>"is that Tinkerbell?"
>mfw

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*Raises hand* I've heard of it! And yes, even before the trophy cameos of Frey and Freya.

And they said that Nintendo was just for kids.
Cool.

Shame the game was never localized. It does suffer from sever defense rate drops when too many enemies are on the screen. Or Nintendo of America knew that this game would be too niche for the West. We do love our blood and gore.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Johnny Cage did well on the MK character poll. Second behind Sub-Zero and just ahead of Raiden.
I imagine he'll be in even if we get Sub.

I agree on Red Hood but only in regards to Jason Todd because Deadshot covers very similar ground.
Joker Red Hood I'm fine with because it's the Joker and it'll be a Gear Piece if it happens.

Too bad all the dumb edgy kids want him in because Batman with guns

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I would have thought, since so many people here like to bring up obscure properties, that plenty more people would know about it, even before the trophy in Smash. I for one knew about it before the trophy. However, I remember so many people not knowing about Captain Rainbow when the fat Little Mac trophy was revealed on Miiverse. That really surprised me, since I thought that was one of Nintendo's more well known obscure properties (oxymoron much?). So, I really wouldn't know how many people know about it here because of that.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy ****! I ****ing love Faust! I think if I don't find another character that I like more, I think he is definitly to be my main!
Gosh, I love Guilty Gear, it's freaking awesome I tell ya.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or in other words;

How dare you not know my waifu.
More like "c'mon, Tinkerbell isn't even remotely tall".

That's actually only the second time someone IRL didn't recognise her and confused her for someone else so it's a pretty impressive recognition streak so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom