• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I spent this entire afternoon trying to fix a bug only to find out that it was a misplaced } in the entire code.

Yay, programming.
Think that applies to everything involving computers.

I know I and plenty others on my course who went through that in Computer Games Art.

R0Y

Smash Master
I finally got my Smash 4 CD in the mail. Pretty happy about that.
Am I the only one who had to wait awhile? A friend of mine got it almost 3 weeks ago.
Nope, got mine this past week.

Are you in Europe though? How are you getting post on Sundays? Maybe you're from Australia or New Zealand (Monday.)

Soul.

Miiverse....

Also, they used a stage that's not in the 3DS version with what looks at first glance to be the 3DS version's resolution and graphical quality.
I'd really like it if Smashville was on the 3DS version. Maybe DLC I guess..

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Programming in a nutshell:
"My program doesn't work, but I don't know what's wrong"
"My program works, but I don't know how"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

But frankly, it's the kind of thing that always makes me laugh when it happens.
Yeah, it's frustrating, but it's funny at the same time. :chuckle:

A }! A freaking little } in around 200 lines!

Talk about finding a needle in a haystack! =O

R0Y

Smash Master
Thought this reply was going to be about @ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn going to town. :troll:

Eh...most stages aren't shared and Nintendo needed to justify the Wii U version's higher price tag beyond prettier graphics imo...and they did. I'm happy with it as is.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've had a lack of motivation to play any new games recently. I leave university this year, and I'm so worried about how long it'll take to find a full-time job that I feel the need to be productive every day.

It's both a good and bad thing, I guess. I've been told not to worry, but my mind can't escape the thought. :/

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Nope, got mine this past week.

Are you in Europe though? How are you getting post on Sundays? Maybe you're from Australia or New Zealand (Monday.)
Oh, I got it on Saturday, I was just too busy to check then. I'm in America, I just got it really late.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The "leaks" of Mewtwo have arrived

Taken with bad resolution, weird angles and awkward lighting of course

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think it's odd we have two alike AC stages on the Wii U. And 3DS stage DLC would be nice.

Proves how much of an idiot Blue is. I mean seriously, at least give that Exeggutor a fourth move, damn it!
GameFreak didn't bother to give trainers with stone evolution Pokémon a moveset, making it look like they evolved it immediately after catching it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Think that applies to everything involving computers.

I know I and plenty others on my course who went through that in Computer Games Art.
Anything that involves coding will have this sort of thing going on.

Misplaced {} are just horrible. But hilarious. The whole thing depending on a stupid little {!

An afternoon! An entire afternoon gone! Just to find the stupid little misplaced }!

I feel like doing some sort of insane laughter.

So I will:

Soul.

Eh...most stages aren't shared and Nintendo needed to justify the Wii U version's higher price tag beyond prettier graphics imo...and they did. I'm happy with it as is.
Which is why I said "I guess". Don't think it'll happen though.
I think it's odd we have two alike AC stages on the Wii U. And 3DS stage DLC would be nice.

GameFreak didn't bother to give trainers with stone evolution Pokémon a moveset, making it look like they evolved it immediately after catching it.
Tortimer Island is really meh. Smashville and Miiverse would be enough (seriously wtf isn't Miiverse on 3DS. It's on the 3DS too).

willthunder

Smash Cadet
NNID
willthunder
3DS FC
1032-1459-3732
Anything that involves coding will have this sort of thing going on.

Misplaced {} are just horrible. But hilarious. The whole thing depending on a stupid little {!

An afternoon! An entire afternoon gone! Just to find the stupid little misplaced }!

I feel like doing some sort of insane laughter.

So I will:

I thought that was Junpei Yosuke from Persona 4 for a second XD

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Wait, my American friends. You all get the post on Saturdays, is this true?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
No. Pokémon doesn't need a reboot. Gen 5 tried to do that with its own Route 1 and **** but it still had every other Pokémon.
I'm getting tired of Game Freak using Route 1-3?? on newer games instead of following the Sinnoh Route's numbers..
You call this a reboot ? I call this a cheap excuse of making something "new" without risking the anger of Pokemon fans.
When I think of a reboot for Pokemon, I think of something that would totally change the mechanics, the core gameplay. Making the story bigger, more interresting and less linear, changing the gameplay to something new, making the game actually feel alive : just making a new game.

Black and White were just two excuses for the ones who wanted something new. Instead it was the same game with better graphics, new moves and new pokemons. Thanks, it's the same.

Just do something totally new with Pokemon Game Freak !

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I thought that was Junpei from Persona 4 for a second XD
Nope. It's Light Yagami (AKA Kira) from Death Note.

Great anime, by the way.

Remind me again, did they announce the price for Mewtwo or no?
Nope.

Nope. In fact only Nintendo of Europe even let slip that it will be available for purchase separately. Nintendo has been very tight lipped.
Curiously enough.

It's best to wait for a Nintendo Direct or something. Should happen either the upcoming week or the next one.

We shall see.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Tortimer Island is really meh. Smashville and Miiverse would be enough (seriously wtf isn't Miiverse on 3DS. It's on the 3DS too).
I used to think for a pretty long time 3DS would get Miiverse too. Got sad when I found out it wouldn't.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wait, my American friends. You all get the post on Saturdays, is this true?
I'm not sure because I'm Canadian and the schedules might be different, but I think the US don't get posts on Sundays

EDIT: Googled it. I was wrong (for some states) >.<

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Greninja was banned because it was centralizing to the OU metagame. You'd think Smogon would keep "broken" Pokémon?
Mewtwo in RBY, Snorlax in GSC, Lati@s in RSE, Garchomp and Latias in DPP, Landorus-I/Excadrill/Garchomp (unbanned later)/Tornadus-T/Deoxys-S/Deoxys-D in BW.
Let's get this straight now, the only broken pokemon in the series is mega Rayquaza. Smogon was justified in banning him from Ubers.
But on the subject of OU, none of the pokemon that Smogon has banned from OU with the possible exception of Mega Kanga due to Seismic Toss shenangians were truly justified.
Just because something is centralizing does not mean it is too powerful for where it is. People bandwagon to things like that expecting it to get them wins, when on the contrary people haven't explored a lot of pokemon currently relegated to UU or lower to see their actual potential because bandwagoners don't try them and they get no reputation (reminds me of a certain character who exploded in popularity after APEX :4olimar:...) because people think their same cookie-cutter strategies will work in a game like Pokemon. It's a strategy game. Being predictable is pretty much one of the worst things you can do.
The fact that I reached OU top 200 back in XY days on Pokemon Showdown using two teams of Kecleon/Umbreon/Starmie/Aegi/othersIcantremember and my stall team with Blissey/M-Aggron/Aegi/Mandibuzz/Quagsire/Dusclops proves that somewhat.
The "leaks" of Mewtwo have arrived

Taken with bad resolution, weird angles and awkward lighting of course
lol of course.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I spent this entire afternoon trying to fix a bug only to find out that it was a misplaced } in the entire code.

Yay, programming.
As someone who honestly likes to play with the programming logic, I see this in 2 ways:

1:of course it`;s annoying that you really have to be clear at pretty much getting the right exact syntax everytime with little changes implying a tottally different meaning.

2: this is often the very minimal details like this that lead to very fascinating glitches.

Which is what got me interested in computer int he first place. I mean look at stuff like the missingno bug....that one is all screwed up just because of a very simple flaw.

But when you get a bug that the compiler doesn`;t tell you....it can indeed b e pretty annoying to debug.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm not sure because I'm Canadian and the schedules might be different, but I think the US don't get posts on Sundays
Canada doesn't get postal service on Saturdays either. UK has some service on Saturday and the US has full it seems. But yeah,

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On that "leaked" image, I fail to see it being a great picture.

We already know Mewtwo will be playable for months now. You only post character select screen pictures for character NOT confirmed, otherwise you aren't telling us anything new.

And besides problems I've been noticing with Mewtwo fakes:

- Still images don't tell a lot as moving video
- Character select screen doesn't tell a lot as actual game play (look at the Rayman "leak")
- Good pictures/videos but cropping out stuff that would kill the fake instantly
- Why waste their time with poor quality screenshots when they could be posted on Miiverse with perfect quality?
- Character actually on screen but not fighting anyone.
- We live in 2015: There's absolutely no excuse to be using potatoes for cameras.

0/10000000000000000000000000 try harder.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
You call this a reboot ? I call this a cheap excuse of making something "new" without risking the anger of Pokemon fans.
When I think of a reboot for Pokemon, I think of something that would totally change the mechanics, the core gameplay. Making the story bigger, more interresting and less linear, changing the gameplay to something new, making the game actually feel alive : just making a new game.

Black and White were just two excuses for the ones who wanted something new. Instead it was the same game with better graphics, new moves and new pokemons. Thanks, it's the same.

Just do something totally new with Pokemon Game Freak !
As much as I can say yes I agree with you, I also have to say it won't happen anytime soon. Diamond and Pearl sold more than 20 million (second only to the originals), X and Y are close to 20 million, and that's ignoring the millions that the less popular gen 5 still managed. They won't be changing anything with those numbers. There are issues to consider as well, the MMORPG every Pokemon fan dreams of is still light years away, due to several key problems preventing it. What system would it be on? Would it lead to less sales on the handheld games? Who would make it? (Game Freak aren't exactly experienced in making MMOs) would it even be successful enough to merit the HUGE effort + money? Don't bet on gen 7 being anything other than 'more of the same' is my advice.

R0Y

Smash Master
On that "leaked" image, I fail to see it being a great picture.

We already know Mewtwo will be playable for months now. You only post character select screen pictures for character NOT confirmed, otherwise you aren't telling us anything new.

And besides problems I've been noticing with Mewtwo fakes:

- Still images don't tell a lot as moving video
- Character select screen doesn't tell a lot as actual game play (look at the Rayman "leak")
- Good pictures/videos but cropping out stuff that would kill the fake instantly
- Why waste their time with poor quality screenshots when they could be posted on Miiverse with perfect quality?
- Character actually on screen but not fighting anyone.
- We live in 2015: There's absolutely no excuse to be using potatoes for cameras.

0/10000000000000000000000000 try harder.
Unless you don't own a smartphone and you're instead taking a pic from another 3DS.

"My dad works at Nintendo."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom