• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If we can do it, then why did I get an infraction?
Explain pls :smash:
We might be able to post image-only posts every once in a while, However, I find it discouraging. Better not do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I guess I'll taolk about the NX thing, but i'm still very
about the mobile thingy.

Now, the reason the codename is actually meaning something is because it so far did like since the GC (except the GC was a bit more figurative than the others). Project cafe for WiU reflecting it correctly imo and revolution for wii....which is kinda obvious.

But NX?

That's a bit weird, the N could simply means nintendo, but the X is mostly weird.

extended? the number 10?

Mario-4 400.png

That is really a weird codename in the way that....it has no apparent meaning. I mean what could that even mean? It`s so vague that even after the release, I`m not even sure if it would be possible to theorize on it.

Btw, I should honestly redo the first gif with free look because it`s too small, but again, it would be better to have my new pc....geez I just can`t wait....

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
about the mobile thingy.

Now, the reason the codename is actually meaning something is because it so far did like since the GC (except the GC was a bit more figurative than the others). Project cafe for WiU reflecting it correctly imo and revolution for wii....which is kinda obvious.

But NX?

That's a bit weird, the N could simply means nintendo, but the X is mostly weird.

extended? the number 10?

View attachment 43331

That is really a weird codename in the way that....it has no apparent meaning. I mean what could that even mean? It`s so vague that even after the release, I`m not even sure if it would be possible to theorize on it.

Btw, I should honestly redo the first gif with free look because it`s too small, but again, it would be better to have my new pc....geez I just can`t wait....
Perhaps it's just a placeholder name? It's possible.
Did they say that is going to be the official name yet?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He's breaking his own laws like a real criminal.
"SWF does not advocate criminal activities such as the cool crime of robbery."

D

Deleted member

about the mobile thingy.

But NX?

extended? the number 10?

View attachment 43331

I've seen some comments made by users in sites, claiming that "NX" stands for "Nintendo Cross". This would be referring to the console / handheld hybrid concept.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I finally got around to finishing my drawing.
image.jpg

Looks pretty nice imo.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Perhaps it's just a placeholder name? It's possible.
Did they say that is going to be the official name yet?
I think they explicitely said codename which would make sense.

Look, the codename has been actually meaning something since quite a long time.

dolphin for the gc....I honestly think it`s more of a representation of a dolphin in the philosophy of the hardware. i will agree that it is far fetched, but what isn`t is how much it influenced the games....especially sms and others (but not TTYD :cry:).

The project cafe however, this one meant so much that you could hav e guessed quite a lot of stuff early. I mean, a cafe does bring to me social interaction and communication in mind which....is just a good representation of the philosophy shift.

But NX?

I mean they DID told us about the QOL thingy, but that just fails to mean anything. As for the switchable button patent....that I don`t think this would be for the home console (cause I just think it would be one), but e ven if it would, it just fails to mean anything.

Which is why I think it`s either not even a real codename or a weird interpretation that needs explanation to get it.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I envy you.
I care about characters more often than real people most of the time.
I mean, I get why people care for characters and I got nothing against that. I just can't bring myself to actually grow attached to something that only fits to fulfill it role in its created world. Sure, like everyone else I get enjoyment from watching these characters do what they do, but that's about it for me.

Are you attached to me?

I thought we were closer than angler fish, but maybe this love isn't as real for you as it feels for me.

:urg:
You shut your dirty ***** mouth! You know you're my one and only squeeze! ;)
Among others

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I mean, I get why people care for characters and I got nothing against that. I just can't bring myself to actually grow attached to something that only fits to fulfill it role in its created world. Sure, like everyone else I get enjoyment from watching these characters do what they do, but that's about it for me.
Well, your parents only conceived you to fulfill a role -- to fill the void in their hearts with the promise of happiness.

I suppose the reason you can't get attached to characters is because your parents were unable to do so in you.

You shut your dirty ***** mouth! You know you're my one and only squeeze! ;)
Among others
Whoah whoah.

Why have I not been invited into this polyamorous arrangement? :glare:

NX has to mean Next.
Or NiXon.

The Richard NiXon, coming Q2 2018.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I don't celebrate it because..well... the Dutch don't celebrate it... obvsly

Green yoself b4 u shrek yoself

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
You sure that's Ellie? She reminds me more of Chell in that pic.
It is. During a certain point in the Left Behind DLC, Ellie enters a photo booth with her friend and you can choose the poses she does, with these pics for reference.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've seen some comments made by users in sites, claiming that "NX" stands for "Nintendo Cross". This would be referring to the console / handheld hybrid concept.

That....would actually make sense.

Or they simply want to refer to X-naut....nah, just kidding :)

But this....could imply stuff because I think it`s so far the one that could make the most sense.

In fact, they honestly tried to do so several times in the past. GBplayer aned the cable, little ds and wii connectivity (most is really useless) and I consider the gamepaf trying to do it too (not to mention the ssb4 connectivity).

But the codename having that whole meaning is really interesting. This would mean that most of the system would have that merge philosophy in mind....which is rather new when you think about it. Also, that mobile thingy, just saying the codename at the same time is quite....random. Are both events related?

Because this could mean stuff like better interaction with other devices such as a pc on the system itself. I could name a lot of possible stuff like idk, having game saves online, that`s random, but it`;s just an example.

Not to mention that it raises an important question, would that mean that it`s going to be both home and handheld?

Cause I really don`t see how it can be acheived. Even the WiiU doesn`t.

Though, that`s a really
theory :)

speaking of codename theory, I honestly don`t care, but what do you think Spartan means?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Here's another drawing guys.
image.jpg

For context, Yellow Yoshi is a serious prankster.
Jpkurihara's drawings 5.0: now with Backgrounds!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That....would actually make sense.

Or they simply want to refer to X-naut....nah, just kidding :)

But this....could imply stuff because I think it`s so far the one that could make the most sense.

In fact, they honestly tried to do so several times in the past. GBplayer aned the cable, little ds and wii connectivity (most is really useless) and I consider the gamepaf trying to do it too (not to mention the ssb4 connectivity).

But the codename having that whole meaning is really interesting. This would mean that most of the system would have that merge philosophy in mind....which is rather new when you think about it. Also, that mobile thingy, just saying the codename at the same time is quite....random. Are both events related?

Because this could mean stuff like better interaction with other devices such as a pc on the system itself. I could name a lot of possible stuff like idk, having game saves online, that`s random, but it`;s just an example.

Not to mention that it raises an important question, would that mean that it`s going to be both home and handheld?

Cause I really don`t see how it can be acheived. Even the WiiU doesn`t.

Though, that`s a really
theory :)

speaking of codename theory, I honestly don`t care, but what do you think Spartan means?
Based on that theory users have been making, yes, it could be both a home console and a handheld at the same time. I don't know how is that going to work out, that is, if it turns out to be true. Anyways, "Spartan" is taken from the Halo series, like "Cortana" for the voice assistant found in Windows Phone. I just checked out the news, and it seems that Microsoft isn't going to use the Internet Explorer name for the new browser. Lel.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But yeah, I didn't expect Nintendo having mobile will ever happen. This won't be Nintendo's first go at misc system territory though. Here are the Non-Nintendo consoles that had games of Nintendo property in the past (including those only licensed by Nintendo):

Amstrad CPC
Apple II
Arcade
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari 8-Bit
BBC Micro
Colecovision
Commodore 64
FM-7
Intelevision
Macintosh
NEC PC-8801
PC
Philips CD-i
Sharp X1
Ti-99/4A

Most of the consoles listed were remakes/ports of the arcade games Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and/or Mario Bros.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This is my jam.
It's just so good with the Frontrunning Overbeat. :mariomelee:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So we're still on characters we admire, huh?

I still have yet to get attached to any character of sorts. i know it sounds like complete bull****, but at the end of the day a character is still a character: created to fulfill its purpose in a work.

I can sympathize with the character, cheer for it, get emotional, but actually getting attached? It just doesn't happen.
I think I honestly do feel the same....but in a "kinda of a weird, complicated and mysterious way".

Because my definition of getting attached to a character meaning that by the effects of love, you would even wish a character existed AND it could even go as far as wishing that it would exist near you.

I mean, there`s one thing I can confirm, I HEAVILY felt this in my childhood....A LOT. I mostly experienced this feeling while dreaming which is not only very weird, but very interesting....to dream about wishing a fictional character existed....that is really a weird feel because I just can`t believe it while it was what I felt.

Now, as I grew, I kinda stopped to have that m uch intense attachements....except that I still feel I kept that feel, but mostly not that much present. What I mean is if I love a character, I NORMALLY can get emotional even with sympathy, but it kinda tries to go away because.....look, my emotions are just weird, I have yet to figure them out.

In rare cases, it might go so high that I dream about the attacheement feel or simply just really act on my love.

The problem is that there`s currently only one instances in which I`m basing this whole reflexion and it is Paper Mario. It just simply is the only one that I felt that much love, I think it has to do with my extremely picky interest, but having only one instance is really hard to figure a more generic conclusion out because....well, it`s so easilly broken.

Because what makes this even weirder is if I was asking myself if I wished Paper Mario was near me....the answer is like so much weird that I just can`t answer. It might be the case....but it might also me beliveing it is while it`s not....it`s just confusing.

My point is, I might be the same except in very extreme cases. idk if Paper Mario is one of these, but what I know is that even if it`s not attachement, that instance was probably the closest.

that just shows you how I have yet to figure myself out while I did a lot so far :)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
NeXt, Nintendo Cross, Nintendo Ten?, coNneX (connect), Nintendo Xbox :troll:, Nintendo delete (cross out), Nintendo eXit (X out, like a window), Nintendo eXcite, Nintendo eXtreme...

Probably just Nintendo X, like an unknown variable. Meaning Nintendo doesn't even have a clue what the console will be.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
NeXt, Nintendo Cross, Nintendo Ten?, coNneX (connect), Nintendo Xbox :troll:, Nintendo delete (cross out), Nintendo eXit (X out, like a window), Nintendo eXcite, Nintendo eXtreme...

Probably just Nintendo X, like an unknown variable. Meaning Nintendo doesn't even have a clue what the console will be.
that is like "why even having a codename?"

Also, I loive how it implies that pokemon X is unknown but unintentionally :)

Nah, they really should know clearly the main point if they got the codename.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom