• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You do know the whole twist of Bowser being the final boss was "He wasn't made a damn fool by the big bad like in every other Mario and Luigi", right?
Yep, Bowser actually deserves it since he needed to be more competent for his near-victory situations lately. I don't know, I actually felt that Antasma was a bit underused and we didn't get to know him better. He actually felt like a true threat from a visual standpoint and could have had a great impact on the title like a certain paper count.

Still an amazing game. How about you complain about 64 also since you dont like Bowser being the main villain in Mario
I know I took it out of context. I have math on the brain and Im annoyed by it
I for for one loved the big turtle-y goof since the SNES days, though I fear a that a main antagonist could be overused and new villains don't get their time to shine. Take Ganondorf/Ganon for example in which he "hijacks" a villain in almost most of his appearances in the Zelda franchise (While Bowser's usage is forgivable, Ganon's usual tactics are inexcusable) and I fear that Zelda U might suffer for that cliche instead of doing something new. Sigma from Mega Man X was no better and I agree with Maverickhunter that Capcom killing him off in X8 was the best decision.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Go. Study. Now.
weren't you the one that told me to go to bed?
I for for one loved the big turtle-y goof since the SNES days, though I fear a that a main antagonist could be overused and new villains don't get their time to shine. Take Ganondorf/Ganon for example in which he "hijacks" a villain in almost most of his appearances in the Zelda franchise (While Bowser's usage is forgivable, Ganon's usual tactics are inexcusable) and I fear that Zelda U might suffer for that cliche instead of doing something new.
isnt it tradition also for ganon to be the final boss most of th time. Sorry if thats a bit hard to swallow

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that this thread has a normal name again :079:

Twewy

Smash Lord
weren't you the one that told me to go to bed?
Probably. If you have things to do tomorrow you probably should before I bust out the red text again.

Someone bust out the red text for me so I can go play Poker Night some more. The Internet is distracting me from being busted out by a psychopathic zoophile in a blue sweater.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah but previously it was more like being possesed by it, here he actually just swallows it to get it's power.
That's actually the twist.
Fans of the M&L series are used to Bowser being the second most important comic relief (Right behind Luigi of course) and used to him being betrayed/manipulated.
So to see him being the one betraying Antasma, it's almost like he's learned from the past games.
It came as a surprise because people actually weren't expecting it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Probably. If you have things to do tomorrow you probably should before I bust out the red text again.

Someone bust out the red text for me so I can go play Poker Night some more. The Internet is distracting me from being busted out by a psychopathic zoophile in a blue sweater.
Go Play Poker Night Now

Soul.

One Pokemon I want to have a Mega Evolution is Breloom. Boosted Speed yet retains Technician.

Another is Storm Drain Fire/Ground Typhlosion while it gains the ability to learn Earth Power. :4villager:
Breloom getting a Mega would be good news. If it gets base 160 Attack, base 120 Speed and slightly increased bulk, it could very well be a great late game cleaner with strong moves (Technician bruh).

Also Storm Drain Mega Typhlosion needs to be a thing. Same base stat increases as Zard Y. Except it doesn't get Drought of course.

The Twitch chat being an utter disaster is what makes Twitch entretaining
So by your logic, seeing a garden full of newbs is cool. In a Smash stream. lol

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just read that Kobe Bryant is out for the next 9 months...
BEST LAKERS SEASON EVER

...seriously, looks like someone laid a curse on that team or something.

Twewy

Smash Lord
But didn't Twitch users use those words to strengthen their silly chat?
What? Newbs? You're going to stoop to their level?

Unless you mean "Newbs and idiots", then I wouldn't know. I don't use Twitch, and the three times I did I immediately ignored the chat.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Could have been a much better game if they were to be original and have Antasma as the final villain. But instead they had to opt out for Bowser for the umpteenth time because Mario fans really wanted to see him be the bad guy in a RPG since Sticker Star (At least he had a good boss fight and the quirky humor we all loved unlike his bland portrayal in that PM game).
[collapse=Dream Team spoilers]Huh. From my perspective, Bowser taking over was actually a surprise. In every other Mario & Luigi game, the new villain in town inevitably usurps Bowser. Plus, throughout the game, Bowser and Antasma's interactions just scream "oh, Antasma betrays Bowser". All this led to the ending being a genuine surprise.[/collapse]

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isn't it tradition also for Ganon to be the final boss most of the time. Sorry if that's a bit hard to swallow
Given that it's impossible for anyone else to bear the Triforce of Power, that's just something that I might have to accept. I'll expect him to show up in some shape or form in Zelda U, but hope the fight is nowhere near as underwhelming as Twilight Princess (Please no more fishing pole weaknesses or horseback fights).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
[collapse=Dream Team spoilers]Huh. From my perspective, Bowser taking over was actually a surprise. In every other Mario & Luigi game, the new villain in town inevitably usurps Bowser. Plus, throughout the game, Bowser and Antasma's interactions just scream "oh, Antasma betrays Bowser". All this led to the ending being a genuine surprise.[/collapse]
On the subject of Dream Team, can I just say that I loved the comedy in this one? I mean, the comedy in the M&L series is always good, but I think that DT had some of the best.
Seriously, the drug fountain, the SECOND drug fountain, "BEEF" "FOR" "TWO!" "BEEF STEW!", "Kidnapping Peach II: The Bowsering!", "WHAT'S BUMPIN' DA RUMP? DAT AIN'T OKAY!", Pi'llodium's systems, the Zeekeeper, and everything else. I just love it all so much.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if Link will have his green tunic on Zelda Wii U. Game looks cool tho.

Soul.

What? Newbs? You're going to stoop to their level?

Unless you mean "Newbs and idiots", then I wouldn't know. I don't use Twitch, and the three times I did I immediately ignored the chat.
Actually, I should disable the chat next time I go watch a stream. Thanks for reminding me about that.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
On the subject of Dream Team, can I just say that I loved the comedy in this one? I mean, the comedy in the M&L series is always good, but I think that DT had some of the best.
Seriously, the drug fountain, the SECOND drug fountain, "BEEF" "FOR" "TWO!" "BEEF STEW!", "Kidnapping Peach II: The Bowsering!", "WHAT'S BUMPIN' DA RUMP? DAT AIN'T OKAY!", Pi'llodium's systems, the Zeekeeper, and everything else. I just love it all so much.
Even the freaking MUSIC in Mount Pajamaja is hilarious:

I always imagined the Massif Brothers sounding like the Heavy.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And for those of you complaining abound Ganondorf's overuse: Ganondorf hasn't shown up as the main villain of a Zelda game for 9 years.
4 if you count Ocarina of Time 3D. :pimp:

Seriously, why do people complain aboit Ganondorf being in multiple Zelda games. He's so awesome and possesses the Triforce of Power. His presence is clearly justified and, again, he's great!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This was just a silly Easter egg

What's wrong with this?

There's a 99.999% chance he will, don't see why people doubt this.

And for those of you complaining abound Ganondorf's overuse: Ganondorf hasn't shown up as the main villain of a Zelda game for 9 years.
The horseback fight itself wasn't bad per se, but having to chase him for Zelda to shoot Light Arrows while focusing on the other shadow horsemen that attack you was a chore. It took me nearly 10 minutes (including the single game over) just to finally shoot him down though he is child's play in comparison to the demon known as Puppet Ganon. *shudders*

As for for this fishing pole thing, it just overall insults Ganon's intelligence. I know that it's supposed to be an Easter Egg, but seeing the King of Evil being preoccupied with a device meant for catching fish strikes me as odd.

I would like to talk more about Ganon Canon, but I have to rest for a long Thursday featuring two classes. Let's not forget that special One Piece chapter coming that day in which Oda better not disappoint his fans with more Tontatta subplots.

Twewy

Smash Lord
As for for this fishing pole thing, it just overall insults Ganon's intelligence. I know that it's supposed to be an Easter Egg, but seeing the King of Evil being preoccupied with a device meant for catching fish strikes me as odd.
Dude came from a place that didn't have lakes or any huge body of water. You'd stare too if your opponent pulled out a strange object in the middle of a duel. Hell, for all he knew, it was the Goddesses' new weapon meant to destroy him.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Even the freaking MUSIC in Mount Pajamaja is hilarious:

I always imagined the Massif Brothers sounding like the Heavy.
Dream Team is an awesome game! The music is breathtaking, the characters are unique and really enjoyable, despite the lack of Fawful, and the attacks are quite original and fun!

Also Dream World :pimp:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
UGH. I hate guys everyone. The guy I have a crush on was/is/idk to someone he met in Japan and he's gushing about him to me and i'm just sitting here like

at least i kicked his ass in smash so i feel somewhat good about myself

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was just a silly Easter egg

What's wrong with this?

There's a 99.999% chance he will, don't see why people doubt this.

Hmm that's right. Maybe this is just like Wind Waker or something, in which he changes the outfit at a later point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom