• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Overall, it wasn't bad. I just feel the FE announcement right at the beginning kinda overshadowed the rest. lol

And what's with that mysterious game Harada talked about? He can be really such a troll. :p

I think Marth's English VA might be Yuri Lowenthal.

If true, he would share both English and Japanese VA with Guilty Gear character Bedman.
Ike sounded different too. I wonder if he got a new VA.

Does this mean future Smash games may have English voice over for Marth?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Also, lighten up, folks. Not every Direct is going to be like the ones from summer 2014 onward. We literally just started they year, let's let them wean out other announcements.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Looks like I woke up in the nick of time to miss out on nothing that would've interested me very much. :/

Ah well. Glad I didn't try to get up overly early for it, then.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I came in expecting New 3DS and was not disappointed. Can't wait for it!

And apparently Ness and Pac-Man Amiibo that I missed. I need a screenshot of this.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hello everyone.
So, this new Nintendo Direct was only about 3DS stuff and Amiibos. Also Xenoblade Chronicles.
But no :4fox: announcement, or :mewtwomelee: trailer. Welp, what did you expect ? It's only the beginning of the year. But no, let's see big, too big for it to happen.

Also, I'm hyped for the Splatoon game. Even though they just looked at TF2 on Steam and saw how people loved hats. So they just added a butt ton of those in the game.
Great.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So wait the American Direct got HW DLC and an Indie game lineup?
If you found the American one dissapointing, you wouldn't have wanted to see the European one.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It was Meh... Look forward for the new 3ds, Xenoblade X, not hype for majora's mask and Xenoblade chronicles for the 3DS I got those two games already.
Why everyone expected a Mewtwo trailer for ? He's not even a newcomer.
No star fox info or shin megami tensei x fire emblem news
Splatoon looks good.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
No Mewtwo footage, no SMExFE, and no Mother 3 as expected. The footage for the new FE game looks pretty cool though, and very different. Also, young Link and Tingle in Hyrule Warriors! Who is going to wear the Majora's Mask/Skull Kid costume?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Overall, it wasn't bad. I just feel the FE announcement right at the beginning kinda overshadowed the rest. lol

And what's with that mysterious game Harada talked about? He can be really such a troll. :p

I might have been more excited with Harada's game if we were shown more than just a tease. Because we basically know nothing about it I've got nothing to be excited for.

Oh well, I guess MM3D being released early in the year is nice.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Good thing my expectations weren't too high, otherwise I'd be massively disappointed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm interested in that game Harada is making too. By the sounds of it, it'll be some kind of beat em up. If I had to guess, maybe, it'll be done in a similar style to Tekken 4's Tekken Force and Tekken 6's Campaign mode. But it could be a type of game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ok, so, first, the only thing that got me hooked was digital wii tittle because it means SPM will be more accessible for others.

however, as you may known, even if not Paper Mario related, I like to watch IS doing because....well you should now right?

But here's the thing, I'm not sure if a WiiU Paper Mario game is even possible now.

Sure, code name steam will come soon, but what we saw today is a Fire emblem game VERY early in development and honestly, this makes me very worried.

If IS is already busy on a quite major tittle (and it wil be an anticipated one), how could they even be working on Paper Mario?

I'm serious, this makes worried because it might b=mean that there won''t be one and because it's early in dev, that means that id does decreases the chance of having an announcement at E3 which is when I expected originally....

So, not sure on my appreciation of the direct tbh....At least I hope they won't wait too much before putting SPM digital....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of new Fire Emblem, why did they keep the same artist... :ohwell: I wasn't too fond of Awakening's art style.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I loved the people complaining about VD Dev's game. A graphically impressive 60 FPS game on a handheld made by three people?

lol another shooter

Sorry, we'll go back to thirty minutes of amiibo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of new Fire Emblem, why did they keep the same artist... :ohwell: I wasn't too fond of Awakening's art style.
I don't know, that more realistic style they show off at the beginning was cool, kind of wish they stuck with that. I liked that guy's artstyle more in No More Heroes. Seems to fit better there. But that's probably just me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I loved the people complaining about VD Dev's game. A graphically impressive 60 FPS game on a handheld made by three people?

lol another shooter

So it is 60fps? I remember reading an article last year about the devs aiming to get it running a smooth and constant 60fps while in 3D. Good to see they succeeded.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd be more excited about the new FE...if I had actually played any games in the series before. So can't say I'm personally hyped for that.

New Amiibos is still great news to me though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The feet budget went to Codename STEAM.
And Abe Lincoln's HYPER FREEDOM JUSTICE KNIGHT 200X: OVERHEAT SUIT!!!!

It really is an important part of the game. It adds lore. Can't overlook that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey guys!
What's going o-
Oh.
Oh so that's how it's gonna be huh?
I see @WolfieXVII isn't premium, which means it wasn't him.
@WolfieXVII YOU HAD ONE JOB.
You're dead to me. Nah not really.
Ah well.
I guess I'm PURPLE for the month.
*NEVER BACK DOWN*
*NEVER SURRENDER*
*KILL THE MEGOONTA*
*PRAISE THE PURPLE*
*GOTTA GO FAST*
So now that the direct is over, would you mind telling me who pranked me?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Probably for consistency.
Granted we don't now anything about the story yet, but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it's related to Awakening in anyway.

Also, does anyone think that the character designs were a little... crazier than normal?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Honestly, Fire Emblem's trailer was looking pretty damn cool up until not-Lucina was doing ballet. Glad to see The Legend makes a cameo as an unstoppable giant('S GIANT'S GIANT'S WHAT RING U GOT)

Staarih

Smash Master
Codename STEAM was always a game that never really interested me, but suddenly, FE-amiibo appear, and I'm hooked. Weird.

Soul.

lol another shooter

IronFall is possibly the most impressive 3DS game graphics-wise. It must have took them a lot of time and care to make the game as smooth as possible.
lol amiibo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually like the designs better this time.

The game also has a medieval Japanese vibe to it. Interesting.

A better question is why is this not on the Wii U.
Probably because Japan and the home console market dying over there.

Twewy

Smash Lord
IronFall is possibly the most impressive 3DS game graphics-wise. It must have took them a lot of time and care to make the game as smooth as possible.
lol amiibo
What're you talking about? It's just another shooter lol ex dee! Give me 20 more amiibo to spend $14.95 on before scalpers get them, Nintendo!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Keep in mind creating a direct sequel to Fire Emblem: Awakening would be really difficult to pull off since the story of that game did wrap up.

Also notice they're being conservative with who the Lord is. I have a theory after the criticisms Chrom got with being unoriginal they're going to try something different or not make it a focus as a surprise.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Granted we don't now anything about the story yet, but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it's related to Awakening in anyway.

Also, does anyone think that the character designs were a little... crazier than normal?
Dude, there was one guy who looked a lot like :4robinm: in this, as well as :4lucina: at the beginning (the dancing girl I think).

Twewy

Smash Lord
Also notice they're being conservative with who the Lord is. I have a theory after the criticisms Chrom got with being unoriginal they're going to try something different or not make it a focus as a surprise.
Kind of hoping it's someone without blue hair or sword this time, myself.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Looks like the pair-up mechanic from Awaneking returns in the new FE. Ugh... I hope it will be nerfed a lot, because of how overbroken it is. I mean seriously. At least characters now have feet ahah.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks gorgeous! I'm definitely looking forward this game! No news about Mewtwo in Smash is disappointing, but expected. Most likely for March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom