• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Anyone else annoyed by the fact Palutena supposedly has these "God-like powers" but is somehow one of the worst characters in Smash 4 (competitively)?
Well, she's not the kind of omnipotent stronk Goddess type.
She almost got rekt by an army of vegetables, that explains all :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, she's not the kind of omnipotent stronk Goddess type.
She almost got rekt by an army of vegetables, that explains all :troll:
..but they were demonic vegetables.
Also, in all serious, I know she's a more passive figure in KI...but that kinda went out the window when they made her a fighter, don't you think? Same as Peach and Zelda. And unlike them, she did give Pit a whole ton of powers so clearly she can hold her own.
I kinda wish that her standard moveset utilized all the powers she uses in the game as customs. And she got half-assed customs like (almost) everyone else. And her FS should have been what Pit's was in Brawl.

BTW, I'm not trying to project my argument on you, I'm just elaborating on my point.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ IT'S HAPPENING ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

FINALLY
FINALLY

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Right nature and IV spread?
Yes, I got the nature I was searching for (Modest)

The IVs look, not so good lol

31/31/11/1/1/31
I'll need to train her a little bit to look at the exact values.
Anyway, having perfect IVs on HP and Speed is good enough and the nature helps to boost power, so Im really okay with that.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yes, I got the nature I was searching for (Modest)

The IVs look, not so good lol

31/31/11/1/1/31
I'll need to train her a little bit to look at the exact values.
Anyway, having perfect IVs on HP and Speed is good enough and the nature helps to boost power, so Im really okay with that.
Yeah, I feel like it would be easier to get good IVs than to find a shiny, so I usually soft-reset for IVs instead. I've gotten two shiny legendaries while soft-resetting for IVs, so all my shiny Pokemon are accidental, event, or traded to me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah, I feel like it would be easier to get good IVs than to find a shiny, so I usually soft-reset for IVs instead. I've gotten two shiny legendaries while soft-resetting for IVs, so all my shiny Pokemon are accidental, event, or traded to me.
Fun kinda relevant story: I Master Ball'd an accidental Shiny Druddigon and it had 0IVs on both HP and Attack :laugh:

Yes, this is why I prefer breeding to get IVs too (Now Im conviced to SR for a good IV Reshiram instead of going for a Shiny), but Im really happy to have one of my favorite Shiny Pokémon.

Also, having a garbage Sp. Atk and Sp. Def gives me the prefect excuse to use the Soul Dew

Finally I can sleep well tonight

So, goodnight everybody!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Fun kinda relevant story: I Master Ball'd an accidental Shiny Druddigon and it had 0IVs on both HP and Attack :laugh:

Yes, this is why I prefer breeding to get IVs too (Now Im conviced to SR for a good IV Reshiram instead of going for a Shiny), but Im really happy to have one of my favorite Shiny Pokémon.

Also, having a garbage Sp. Atk and Sp. Def gives me the prefect excuse to use the Soul Dew
And I'm still soft-resetting for a Rayquaza with good IVs. Started sometime last month, but I put it on hold for a while because I got Smash for Wii U and spent two weeks completing all the challenges. Would be much easier if I was going for just one of the attack stats, but since I'm going for both, it will take a while to get perfect attack, special attack, and speed while getting near perfect HP and defenses...

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Whenever any of you guys have hot chocolate you should totally have hershey bars to dip into it! Its good stuff!

D

Deleted member

People getting shiny latias' and other pokemon chat it looks like. But over here just trying to get club nintendo to accept this one code so I can get another game.
I'm still waiting for Club Nintendo to pop up. But yeah, nothing much apart from that. Too bad I am terrible at Pokémon lol.

Destroying a Marth in For Glory.

:4ness:
Good luck, you'll need it. Taking down FG scrubs highway to the danger zone might work.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Wouldn't a Lucario get sick if he ate chocolate? Or does that not apply to pokemon lol
Chocolate sickness/lethality does not apply!

Also if you complete all star mode as lucario you can see that Lucario+chocolate is reinforced!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I bred my shiny squirtle

But it has a low speed IV and has torrent instead of rain dish

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
50 wins? I dont think I could play with someone on FG for 50 matches without communicating with them. Id get too bored.
Oh I was numb in the brain after it for sure but I don't face Diddy's on for glory that often and not at all off for glory so since the guy had some knowledge of Diddy, so I was taking what I could to learn the match up.

Was more for the learning than the fun even though it was a good bit fun. I got a bunch of fancy ribbons out of it though!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pfffff. I ended up getting a Japanese player that beat me on the first match, then they started switching characters and kept losing.

True to form, they picked Little Mac and started spamming. Side special'd off the stage and everything.

They went back to their first character and ended up losing anyway, now they've left. :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is everything centred for anyone else?
EDIT: Oh good it's back to normal

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not sure what I can do now. I think I'm probably gonna occasionally play casually here and there (no items or FFAs), but only with friendly ppl, see if that helps my personality. I'm sure there be more friendly ppl here than the other site is... I hope.

Last edited:

Soul.

Oh I was numb in the brain after it for sure but I don't face Diddy's on for glory that often and not at all off for glory so since the guy had some knowledge of Diddy, so I was taking what I could to learn the match up.

Was more for the learning than the fun even though it was a good bit fun. I got a bunch of fancy ribbons out of it though!
FG Diddy players are like, "Yeah! I'm using the best character in the game!" and all they do is grab.
Meh, they're not going to get better if they keep doing that.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
FG Diddy players are like, "Yeah! I'm using the best character in the game!" and all they do is grab.
Meh, they're not going to get better if they keep doing that.
He was actually not a hoo hah fanatic and shown more variety than what we saw at APEX, in fact grab was the least used thing by the guy.

Soul.

He was actually not a hoo hah fanatic and shown more variety than what we saw at APEX, in fact grab was the least used thing by the guy.
wat
Least used thing was grab? I mean it's not like the opponent is going to get hit by a million frame 3 UAirs.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
wat
Least used thing was grab? I mean it's not like the opponent is going to get hit by a million frame 3 UAirs.
He was more about jab combos and tilt launches into up airs and side B. He religiously avoided performing the hoo hah.

Soul.

He was more about jab combos and tilt launches into up airs and side B. He religiously avoided performing the hoo hah.
▶Jab combos
I thought Diddy's jab was bad. There is no point in using it.

▶Side B spam
That's the forte your typical FG Diddy player has.

At least he didn't upset you because Hoo Hah.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I feel the people on FG on the Wii U are much better then the people on 3DS. I play both and I never lose on 3DS and I will occasionally run into someone equal or even sometime better then me on Wii U.

Is it because the average of dedicated smash people on the Wii U is higher? Thats what i'm guessing. But idk, maybe its just luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom