• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought this was funny. Spider-Man looks PO'd. And Santa is just shocked.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Cartoon Network is holding a Johnny Test marathon all day tomorrow for some reason... Who was the drunk at the network who thought that was a good idea?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Cartoon Network is holding a Johnny Test marathon all day tomorrow for some reason... Who was the drunk at the network who thought that was a good idea?
Rip in salami Cartoon Network.

But seriously that sounds like the worst idea of all time. Guess they really want kids to spend the holidays not watching TV :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Apparently there are still six episodes that haven't been broadcast yet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Talk about a Christmas nightmare. That's like giving fruit cake and rotten milk as a gift.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Captain Falcon saves Christmas.
Yeah, merry christmas by the way.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
let's hope if stays that way.
God GOD I hate Johnny Test. Worst cartoon ever. Besides Uncle Grandpa of course, but I don't think that counts as a cartoon.
Uncle Grandpa has its fans. Including me.

I do see why people hate it, but to me, everything in it represents the innocence and naïvety of childhood. We clearly think it's stupid and illogical now, but we thought like that ourselves back then.

That's just my opinion on it.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I'm probably one of the few people who likes Johnny Test.

Then again,I'm still a kid kinda.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I found Johnny Test fun to watch too. Not super high quality by any means, but funny enough. Not a big fan of Uncle Grandpa though. It's an okay cartoon, but I'm not one for Gross Out animation in general. Not my cup of tea.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Uncle Grandpa has its fans. Including me.
I do see why people hate it, but to me, everything in it represents the innocence and naïvety of childhood. We clearly think it's stupid and illogical now, but we thought like that ourselves back then.
That's just my opinion on it.
Philosophical or not it has no substance whatsoever and is extremely obnoxious.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I found Johnny Test fun to watch too. Not super high quality by any means, but funny enough. Not a big fan of Uncle Grandpa though. It's an okay cartoon, but I'm not one for Gross Out animation in general. Not my cup of tea.
I can tolerate the grossout parts because it's not the focus of the show. Unlike things such as Tak & The Power of Juju and Mr. Meaty which relied entirely on grossouts. Those were straight-up horrible.

(Tak had potential, I tried to give it a chance, but it got to be too much.)

Philosophical or not it has no substance whatsoever and is extremely obnoxious.
What I mean is it's more of a fun little reminder of the good times for me. I didn't mean to sound philosophical.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
You don't. Mods are hand-picked by staff members.
That would make the most sense. More than ritualistic infinticide anyway.
let's hope if stays that way.
God GOD I hate Johnny Test. Worst cartoon ever. Besides Uncle Grandpa of course, but I don't think that counts as a cartoon.
Is Uncle Grandpa really that bad? I think I saw like 1 episode and it looked alright.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can tolerate the gross out parts because it's not the focus of the show. Unlike things such as Tak & The Power of Juju and Mr. Meaty. Those were straight-up horrible.
I can't. It already has to have a good story on its own. I mean, back when I was a kid, I din't care that much. But now? The current episode better have a really good story first. Regular Show does this well enough for me. Same with The Amazing World of Gumball. Note how both have actual stories in each particular episode. Decent ones, too. Slice of life a bit. My issue is when it feels like there's zero continuity that the gross out bits practically ruins it for me.

Is Uncle Grandpa really that bad? I think I saw like 1 episode and it looked alright.
Honestly, it's not. It's nothing special by any means. It's simply just silly.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Exactly. It has no value.
The whole show hinges on "random = funny" when anyone with any concept of comedy knows that is not true.
That being said, I like really Regular Show. Not so much Adventure Time and Gumball, but they're not bad.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I can't. It already has to have a good story on its own. I mean, back when I was a kid, I din't care that much. But now? The current episode better have a really good story first. Regular Show does this well enough for me. Same with The Amazing World of Gumball. Note how both have actual stories in each particular episode. Decent ones, too. Slice of life a bit. My issue is when it feels like there's zero continuity that the gross out bits practically ruins it for me.

I find Regular Show kinda' dull myself, but that's just my completely subjective and not very strong opinion.

Exactly. It has no value.
The whole show hinges on "random = funny" when anyone with any concept of comedy knows that is not true.
That being said, I like really Regular Show. Not so much Adventure Time and Gumball, but they're not bad.
Yeah, like I said, I know it's dumb. The words "Guilty pleasure" come to mind.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
And they cancelled MAD to make room for it, too... I mean, sure it was hit-and-miss with its quality, but that's better than miss-and-miss!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
MAD was... okay. I definitely preferred Johnny Test. I mean, I got Robot Chicken to fill the niche of MAD, and I do like what it references way more. MAD essentially has ignored tons of series that it could reference. RC does not, although it does have an issue of overdoing sex jokes. -_-

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
MAD was... okay. I definitely preferred Johnny Test. I mean, I got Robot Chicken to fill the niche of MAD, and I do like what it references way more. MAD essentially has ignored tons of series that it could reference. RC does not, although it does have an issue of overdoing sex jokes. -_-
That isn't exclusive to Robot Chicken though. Basically any and all adult shows or sitcoms boil down to "LOL SEX Amirite?!"
Granted, I like Robot Chicken, but still.
In the case of Adult Swim, all of their shows/cartoons are

- 60% Sex jokes
- 30% Shock value
- 10% Political agenda and boundary pushing

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
That isn't exclusive to Robot Chicken though. Basically any and all adult shows or sitcoms boil down to "LOL SEX Amirite?!"

- 60% Sex jokes
- 30% Shock value
Eh no, not at all.

Fix'd for accuracy
Do you want a cookie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

- 60% Sex jokes
- 30% Shock value
That only works for some cartoons. Most of the Anime, which is a part of Adult Swim's Toonami block, only sometimes does that.

Sitcoms in general yeah, they go there often. Adult Swim isn't a great example, since it's closer to half and half. Their Anime parts, not so much. Cartoons, however... On the other hand, since each Robot Chicken episode is seperate, it surprisingly has very few sex jokes among the total amount of skits. Maybe once or twice per episode(not counting continuing a current skit by splitting them off into two part or three parts). It's probably around 10 to 20% of the combined skits. Maybe less than 10. Hard to say. I don't have the hard numbers.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That only works for some cartoons. Most of the Anime, which is a part of Adult Swim's Toonami block, only sometimes does that.
Sitcoms in general yeah, they go there often. Adult Swim isn't a great example, since it's closer to half and half. Their Anime parts, not so much. Cartoons, however... On the other hand, since each Robot Chicken episode is seperate, it surprisingly has very few sex jokes among the total amount of skits. Maybe once or twice per episode(not counting continuing a current skit by splitting them off into two part or three parts). It's probably around 10 to 20% of the combined skits. Maybe less than 10. Hard to say. I don't have the hard numbers.
The difference is Robot Chicken is sort of an exception to this. All of the worse shows on the channel have this issue.
I did forget to mention anime though.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I feel like the new Cartoon Network tries too hard to be comedic. I really like shows that are generally targeted at children but have things for older audiences as well.

I enjoy the multiple references Teen Titans Go makes, but some of the episodes are cringe worthy to me. I hate Robin as a character in this show.

Regular Show and Adventure Time have their ups and downs, but I think they're both great shows that have some depth.

I'm not saying anything about Uncle Grandpa, Johnny Test, Steven Universe, or Clarence.

Defenitely not Clarence.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The difference is Robot Chicken is sort of an exception to this. All of the worse shows on the channel have this issue.
I did forget to mention anime though.
I'd say we both knew the Anime differences. XD

Anyway, yeah, RC is a nice thing due to that alone. I mean, I still have some shows I like. Metalocalypse(which isn't severe on sex jokes in many cases. It has a few, but it's not so much of a joke as actual onscreen and censored sex. It's not played in that specific case for comedy either, well, usually. The show is more of a gorefest instead. Completely different premise). I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force too(and its sequels). However, I hate Squidbillies severely. That was just dumb. It was like it took the style of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, but took out what made it actually funny. Family Guy is still way better than that. If only because it has actual interesting characters, even if some are sometimes very aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom