• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Metalocalypse(which isn't severe on sex jokes in many cases. It has a few, but it's not so much of a joke as actual onscreen and censored sex. It's not played in that specific case for comedy either, well, usually. The show is more of a gorefest instead. Completely different premise). I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force too(and its sequels).
Those two have the shock value thing I mentioned, though. I mean, I like Metalocalypse, but only in moderation.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
When was the last time anyone watched Nickelodeon? I never hear about it nowadays.

Also like how my spellcheck registers Nickelodeon as a word and not Goku.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I don't watch cartoons at all anymore. Not even Phineas and Ferb, that I used to call 'a bright light in the darkness.' I think seeing all those live action crap like iCarly or Big Time Rush turned me off Nickelodeon and Disney XD. I wish Cartoon Network was a free channel...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If we're taking Adult Swim into account, Seth MacFarlane's stuff is even worse than Johnny Test. I mean, even Johnny Test doesn't merely exist to stroke its creator's fedora-tipping superiority complex.

I don't watch cartoons at all anymore. Not even Phineas and Ferb, that I used to call 'a bright light in the darkness.' I think seeing all those live action crap like iCarly or Big Time Rush turned me off Nickelodeon and Disney XD. I wish Cartoon Network was a free channel...
iCarly was another guilty pleasure for me. I honestly have no idea why. It was dumb and usually not funny, but I still liked it for some odd reason.

Disney XD's starting to find its foothold again, though, with Wander, Gravity Falls (which I really need to catch up on), and Doraemon.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If we're taking Adult Swim into account, Seth MacFarlane's stuff is even worse than Johnny Test. I mean, even Johnny Test doesn't merely exist to milk it's creator's fedora-tipping superiority complex.
I actually still like Family Guy. And American Dad wasn't bad at all. Cleveland Show and that Seth McFarlane's Cartoon Extravaganza or whatever that crap is called are terrible.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't watch TV much in general. Npw that Colbert ended I'm reallg just left with Daily Show and Degrassi.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Those two have the shock value thing I mentioned, though. I mean, I like Metalocalypse, but only in moderation.
I picked up their CD~ And I was strictly talking about sex jokes in that context. Yeah, it's shock value alright. But I'm a Mortal Kombat fan, so I don't mind. XD

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If we're taking Adult Swim into account, Seth MacFarlane's stuff is even worse than Johnny Test. I mean, even Johnny Test doesn't merely exist to stroke its creator's fedora-tipping superiority complex.

iCarly was another guilty pleasure for me. I honestly have no idea why. It was dumb and usually not funny, but I still liked it for some odd reason.

Disney XD's starting to find its foothold again, though, with Wander, Gravity Falls (which I really need to catch up on), and Doraemon.
What is that last one? Sounds like an Americanized anime.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, Phineas and Ferb has worn out its welcome for me. Although I saw the episode where it's entirely about Doctor Doofenshcmirtz being a teacher for his daughter and turning her ex boyfriend into a monster, it was the first one in a long time I laughed at multiple times.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What is that last one? Sounds like an Americanized anime.
Doraemon was and still is an extremely popular kids' anime and manga series in Japan since the 1970s. This is a dub of the 2005 anime, the first time he's ever been in the West.
There IS some Americanization, but it was actually done Japan-side, not by Disney. They really wanted to make sure that their darling was accepted by Western networks.

If you want to see the uncut version, just search for Doraemon 2005 and I'm sure something will come up.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gravity Falls is the ****, dude. I ****ing love that show. There has never been a moment of any episode of it that I did not enjoy.
I also am fond of Disney Channel's new Mickey cartoons.

I don't watch TV much in general. Npw that Colbert ended I'm reallg just left with Daily Show and Degrassi.
Ugh, I can't believe Colbert is gone. I liked him so much more than Daily Show...

I actually still like Family Guy. And American Dad wasn't bad at all. Cleveland Show and that Seth McFarlane's Cartoon Extravaganza or whatever that crap is called are terrible.
I actually prefer American Dad to Family Guy. It's alright, but the cutaway gags are a bit annoying.
It's awkward that Cleveland Show is the weak one because it's the only one with a black cast, but I think that's less my fault and more the fact the show didn't have more substance than that.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I actually prefer American Dad to Family Guy. It's alright, but the cutaway gags are a bit annoying.
It's awkward that Cleveland Show is the weak one because it's the only one with a black cast, but I think that's less my fault and more the fact the show didn't have more substance than that.
Yeah, such a shame American Dad is over. And Cleveland Show is just not funny. 'Haha, I'm mean to my wife and children.' 'Haha, one of my best friends hates black people.'
'Haha, my neighbours are bears who dress like Peter and Lois.'

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Yeah, such a shame American Dad is over. And Cleveland Show is just not funny. 'Haha, I'm mean to my wife and children.' 'Haha, one of my best friends hates black people.'
'Haha, my neighbours are bears who dress like Peter and Lois.'
I am convinced the only decent animation that Seth McFarlane has ever produced is in the Cosmos series with Tyson.

T

Trick or Treat

Gravity Falls is the ****, dude. I ****ing love that show. There has never been a moment of any episode of it that I did not enjoy.
I also am fond of Disney Channel's new Mickey cartoons.

Ugh, I can't believe Colbert is gone. I liked him so much more than Daily Show...

I watched the first season of Gravity Falls. Incredible show!

See, as a host Colbert was a lot more clever and funny, but I also liked Daily Show with it's perfectly timed clips and that it usually tackles more....significant (?) news stories. So I like both shows a lot.

Also when John Oliver was on the show. That is a funny man. I wish I had HBO for his show.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Not that I ever liked it in the first place, but I still haven't forgiven Family Guy for "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven". I was indifferent to mildly annoyed by it before – that episode is when I started to actively despise it.

Which melody from a 4th party series do you want in smash bros., even if it's impossible.
4th party? You mean non-game media?

I guess the Pokémon theme song, or at least an instrumental. That show may have long outlived itself, but there's a reason a lot of us grew up with the song.

In fact, if Saffron City 64 is ever DLC, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't one of the tracks that came with it.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Not that I ever liked it in the first place, but I still haven't forgiven Family Guy for "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven". I was indifferent to mildly annoyed by it before – that episode is when I started to actively despise it.
What exactly is wrong with that episode? I haven't seen it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which melody from a 4th party series do you want in smash bros., even if it's impossible.
Well, since 4th party is not a real thing(it's still 3rd party in every way), I wouldn't mind more Final Fantasy music, even from games that didn't hit a Nintendo console. Final Fantasy VIII's boss music is amazing, imo.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
It's the "Seth MacFarlane talks through his dog-shaped *** and condemns religious people for thirty minutes straight" episode.
Like he hasn't oversimplified anything else, though. I wouldn't get upset just because he touched something sentimental to you because he has done that to everyone else. Remember when an episode was censored because of its portrayal of Mohammad?

This never was a problem IMO.
If you want a repost picture-fest, you're free to go further ruin the Smash Bros. sub-reddit. Or imgur.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

3rd party, 4th party, I don't care. I want...no, I NEED Kingdom Hearts music in Smash Bros.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Like he hasn't oversimplified anything else, though.

If you want a repost picture-fest, you're free to go further ruin the Smash Bros. sub-reddit. Or imgur.
Its never going to be just a pure spam image fest. Not on good days :p Most people seemed to not have an issue with how things ware, but thats just how I see things.
Yeah, it kind of was. I don't agree with how the situation was handled, but it was really annoying after a while.
It never got out of hand in my opinion, but I can see it being annoying if one searched for a conversation only to find jokes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anything from Yoko Shimomura (such as Kingdom Hearts) would be my choice. Or Touhou music, I suppose.

I meant melody I meant different music from same series putted together into one melody.
"Medley" then? That doesn't change my answer.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Like he hasn't oversimplified anything else, though. I wouldn't get upset just because he touched something sentimental to you because he has done that to everyone else. Remember when an episode was censored because of its portrayal of Mohammad?

I mean, of course I always thought what he was doing was wrong. That episode's just the point where I said, "Oh, now it's personal".

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I meant melody I meant different music from same series putted together into one melody.
You mean a medley?
Well, I actually have an idea for a couple of medleys for Smash Bros.
Sonic 3D Blast Medley:
Title Screen theme
Green Grove Zone Act 1
Panic Puppet Zone Act 1
Then it loops back to Green Grove.

Now, for something that will never happen:
Dark Souls Medley:
Taurus Demon
Ornstein and Smough
Sif The Great Grey Wolf
Character Creation
Then it loops to Taurus Demon.