• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It amazes me when a company seems to do all the wrong things for a certain product.

Take for instance, a cross-over racing game featuring a whole line-up of Sega characters. What's their idea for DLC characters?
Disney Characters, Valve characters, a sportscar racer and a bloody football coach in a helmet.
And YOGSCAST
But atleast Metal Sonic exists ;w;

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It amazes me when a company seems to do all the wrong things for a certain product.

Take for instance, a cross-over racing game featuring a whole line-up of Sega characters. What's their idea for DLC characters?
Disney Characters, Valve characters, a sportscar racer and a bloody football coach in a helmet.

I understand the inclusion of Wreck-it Ralph. Valve characters, ehhh, strange and unnecessary. And I wont bother explaining the others.

Playstation All-Stars did it somewhat better, but it was mostly a marketing campaign. There was a quite a few unwanted characters (Heavenly Sword? Eh?), and then there were those that weren't even Playstation exclusive. (Big Daddy, Dante, ...)
It's Sega, what did you expect ?
Sega fails at what Nintendon't.
Please don't kill me.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think the major fault in that X redesign is how the helmet covers the entire face. It makes the character unrecognizable.

I've seen more realistic designs of Link, Samus and Pit that keep the iconic traits about them. The art style is one thing, another is the characterization of the characters, which is what is at fault with the Bomberman and that X redesign. You can change the former without changing the latter.
I don't know why people are complaining about Link, Samus, and Pit's designs. They have art styles that associate with them. Link is associated with fantasy which can be in a old-school medieval-based ones like his early games and A Link Between Worlds, a more fairy-tale, "kid-friendly" like Wind Waker, A Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures, or the more "modern", updated feel from Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Zelda Wii U. Samus was sci-fi from the beginning. "Realistic" or not, she's going to look like that unless they wanted to take a chibi, cutesy route for some reason. When I think of sci-fi, I think of stuff like Star Wars, Star Trek, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Back to the Future, Mass Effect, Mega Man, Halo, Vanquish, Dead Space, and Metroid. It's just the theme of sci-fi. Sure, you can make it more cartoony like Mega Man or Star Fox, but what else are you going to do? Sci-fi is usually associated with fantastical, awesome tech like super suits, space suits, laser beams, space travel, HUD displays, holograms, and such. Pit went from pixel art to a fun and cartoony design. There's nothing realistic about him aside from say, his feather, hair, and other textures.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I understand the inclusion of Wreck-it Ralph. Valve characters, ehhh, strange and unnecessary. And I wont bother explaining the others.

Playstation All-Stars did it somewhat better, but it was mostly a marketing campaign. There was a quite a few unwanted characters (Heavenly Sword? Eh?), and then there were those that weren't even Playstation exclusive. (Big Daddy, Dante, ...)
I extremely agree x9000 with you. But it's Sega, so it's not surprising.

Strofirko

Smash Master

It is worse when they cut their own characters:

Because this will give them more money:
upload_2015-2-1_18-32-17.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I beat all master contests with Meowstic yesterday. Now when I send him out, he has this ribbon effect that glitters when he's sent out. That's cool. :4villager:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I beat all master contests with Meowstic yesterday. Now when I send him out, he has this ribbon effect that glitters when he's sent out. That's cool. :4villager:
Are you talking about sending him out in Pokemon battles or contests? I completed masters using the cosplay Pikachu, but I never used it since.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys the announcement has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

I forgot how much I loved Krilin in DBZ. He's a badass when you think about it. I mean, dying to Space Hitler on an other planet is rare.

Guys the announcement has nothing to do with Nintendo.
I already know. It's probably gonna be Screwattack and it's s***** stuff that will pop out. Like a Death Battle or something.
How to kill the hype, 2015 version, by Screwattack.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Are you talking about sending him out in Pokemon battles or contests? I completed masters using the cosplay Pikachu, but I never used it since.
If your Pokemon has obtained the Contest Star Ribbon, they obtain a special effect that occurs when they are sent out in battle.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I miss Billy Hatcher. And Alex Kidd. But that's the only sympathy you'll get from me, SEGA. :4myfriends:
While Billy Hatcher had some flaws, it had such amazing potential! Shame Sega liked to do one-offs most of the time, As much as I liked super monkey ball 2, I will never understand why the super monkey ball was the series to keep getting games.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You really don't know that. And he sure wasn't popular on the wii u. I also heard more praise about the steam version of Generations. Especially since you can mod it.

ALSO the steam version of All star racing transformed has way more characters.
I was talking more about the history of him on nintendo consoles as a whole, not just wii u. Wii U just stole Sonic from Sony and Microsoft, so we can't have a very accurate prediction about what he would've been because he wasn't.

Plus, you know, the general audience for Sonic is mostly on Nintendo consoles, so I'm sure he's taking a dive for worse.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
While Billy Hatcher had some flaws, it had such amazing potential! Shame Sega liked to do one-offs most of the time
Yeah, there's a reason why until Nintendo interfered there wasn't going to be a Bayonetta 2.

D

Deleted member

Actually was a pic of opa-opa,but I changed for billy hatcher,but you get the point.
Yeah, I saw. I only played the DS version of the first All-Stars Racing, and Opa-Opa was pretty cool to be honest. I am sorry if I don't own the console version. :troll:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Even though my avatar is kind of blurry, it still has the creep factor I'm going for. :seuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom