• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It's even funnier when you know that it is a pitched up version of the yell that Mario does when he touches fire in Super Mario 64.
Yeah, it is so much better than brawl and Smash 4's version. Modern star KO luigi makes it seem like hes too timid to scream which Luigi's mansion has shown hes is definitely not.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Luigi needs to scream like Courage the Cowardly Dog, his sounds in Brawl and Melee makes me think that he's drunk, sleepy or something

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Melee's voice clips were great,but Sm4sh's aren't all bad.
What about Fox's?They're great...in one way...
SSB4 Fox's, Mike West's, voice clips for attacks are fine except for some which are a bit high pitched. The taunts, victory clips, and Fire Fox, however, are annoying to me which is weird and I said this time and time again, but Mike West sounded fine in Star Fox 64 (3D).

SSB4 Falco just needs a bit more personality since he seems indifferent, but not in the cool, snarky way like Brawl Falco. Everything else is fine about Falco.

Brawl/SSB4 Ganondorf and Ike have great voice clips since they sound like they're putting a lot of weight into their attacks, especially Ganondorf's Up Smash, "HAAA!", and Ike's Aether, "RAAAAH!". So. Much. Testosterone. :p

Toon Link is now nostalgic to me. I don't remember Young Link's, but if it was OoT kid Link's voice clips, then I probably didn't like them since I preferred Majora Mask Link's voice clips which sounded more visceral. Link in general has good voice clips because one, Nobuyuki Hiyama goes over the top with voice clips, "HURRICANE UPPER!" - KOF reference there - and Akira Sasanuma gave Link this dark, guttural, almost feralness to Link. Still, it would have been nice to hear Takashi Ohara, Skyward Sword Link's voice actor and Yuki Kaji did fine as Link in Hyrule Warriors.

If there's one thing I miss, it's Wolf's voice clips. Jay Ward definitely gave Wolf a feral feel to him. The only thing I didn't like was the "snarl" sound clip for his Down Taunt which sounded like a weird door opening or something. I can't describe it, but it was not a snarl.

Little Mac does have awesome clips as well. "HYUT!" or whatever for his Up Smash and the typical, "sh, sh, sh" sounds that reminds me of a boxer training.

Lol, I know right? Falcon's Melee KO sound is funny too.
Captain Falcon has the best voice clips and they were never fixed, but updated.

Why is Duck Hunt doesn't have any voice clips?
What do you mean? Duck Hunt has voice clips for the Dog laughing and such. I think you're thinking of the Villager who had voice clips, but they were removed for some reason or maybe Pac-Man, but that's because Pac-Man didn't have a voice actor, but his son did... That is his son, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well... it looks like N64 Virtual Console might have been announced during SSB4WiiU's release timing. https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Wii_U. According to the TCRF, Smash 64 was supposed to be a demo in Smash Wii U. So does that mean that could be the announcement at APEX? Er... maybe. But, the information that seems to be teased might mean something bigger. Nonetheless, its cool information and might mean N64 Virtual Console in the future for Wii U.
Interesting. I heard about it days ago, pretty cool to be honest.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Obligatory reminder for all: :4lucina: has the best voice in Smash 4

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
(Wordlessly eats a California Reaper.)
(Wordlessly eats a chili dog with bleu cheese.)
(Wordlessly slurps some tried and true floor ice cream. Don't ask.) (This is :4pit:, by the way.)
(Crunches a pretzel.) I win for the salt factor!
No you don't.
You want low sodium, get some peppers. Also clears sinuses and flares up fire elements for up to an hour.

Actually, it's floor ice cream that gives you health. Not tons of sodium. Learned that myself!
Ooh, nice one. Pit stain.
Righto...anyone made any recipes their families tried? That would be a good topic to look at.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Trying to find the hidden character for SSF2.
They're somewhere in these images.
Can't find it. :|
My two cents on this:
View attachment 37390

If the placement of the locked character actually means anything (there's always the chance it might not), I have a couple ideas:

- Kirby (like :4dedede:)
- Donkey Kong (like :4diddy:, Dixie Kong, or K. Rool)
- A different Nintendo IP

I have STRONG doubts it could be Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts due to it's clear they made so the top and middle rows are Nintendo characters while the bottom row is 3rd Party & anime.

As usual, I'm not making any real predictions. We'll find out who on the third day.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Needs more :dedede: Star KO sound. The Brawl one that is. Then imagine it if he was KO'd as a giant.

Twewy

Smash Lord
(Wordlessly eats a California Reaper.)
(Wordlessly eats a chili dog with bleu cheese.)
(Wordlessly slurps some tried and true floor ice cream. Don't ask.) (This is :4pit:, by the way.)
(Crunches a pretzel.) I win for the salt factor!
No you don't.
You want low sodium, get some peppers. Also clears sinuses and flares up fire elements for up to an hour.

Actually, it's floor ice cream that gives you health. Not tons of sodium. Learned that myself!
Ooh, nice one. Pit stain.
Righto...anyone made any recipes their families tried? That would be a good topic to look at.
This is it.

This is going to be the most confusing thing I've ever read on the Internet.

Soul.

I didn't know people played SSF2 with the GameCube controller.
What about the Pro Controller?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I didn't know people played SSF2 with the GameCube controller.
What about the Pro Controller?
Because when something has to have pro in its name in an attempt to sound pro then its really not pro at all.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
But Ganon has the access to the dark powers. And magic > technology.
On the Relationship Between Magic and Science

1. All magic must obey a set of Laws
2. If magic does not obey Laws it is chaotic and unable to be properly used
3. If magic obeys Laws then these Laws can be observed and studied
4. As soon as the Laws of magic begin to be studied it is then classified as Science

----

Magic in fiction can do some nifty stuff but it's just an unexplained science. While Ganondorf may have some local, or even contintent affecting magic, he does not have FTL spaceships and galaxy busting bombs.

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
SSB4 Fox's, Mike West's, voice clips for attacks are fine except for some which are a bit high pitched. The taunts, victory clips, and Fire Fox, however, are annoying to me which is weird and I said this time and time again, but Mike West sounded fine in Star Fox 64 (3D).

SSB4 Falco just needs a bit more personality since he seems indifferent, but not in the cool, snarky way like Brawl Falco. Everything else is fine about Falco.

Brawl/SSB4 Ganondorf and Ike have great voice clips since they sound like they're putting a lot of weight into their attacks, especially Ganondorf's Up Smash, "HAAA!", and Ike's Aether, "RAAAAH!". So. Much. Testosterone. :p

Toon Link is now nostalgic to me. I don't remember Young Link's, but if it was OoT kid Link's voice clips, then I probably didn't like them since I preferred Majora Mask Link's voice clips which sounded more visceral. Link in general has good voice clips because one, Nobuyuki Hiyama goes over the top with voice clips, "HURRICANE UPPER!" - KOF reference there - and Akira Sasanuma gave Link this dark, guttural, almost feralness to Link. Still, it would have been nice to hear Takashi Ohara, Skyward Sword Link's voice actor and Yuki Kaji did fine as Link in Hyrule Warriors.

If there's one thing I miss, it's Wolf's voice clips. Jay Ward definitely gave Wolf a feral feel to him. The only thing I didn't like was the "snarl" sound clip for his Down Taunt which sounded like a weird door opening or something. I can't describe it, but it was not a snarl.

Little Mac does have awesome clips as well. "HYUT!" or whatever for his Up Smash and the typical, "sh, sh, sh" sounds that reminds me of a boxer training.

Captain Falcon has the best voice clips and they were never fixed, but updated.

What do you mean? Duck Hunt has voice clips for the Dog laughing and such. I think you're thinking of the Villager who had voice clips, but they were removed for some reason or maybe Pac-Man, but that's because Pac-Man didn't have a voice actor, but his son did... That is his son, right?
No, I meant in the sounds menu duck hunt is not on there.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ok time to rank

:4lucina: The most kickass voice
:4robinm: The sexiest voice
:4falcon:The Manliest voice
:4lucario: Batman
:4ludwig:The surprisingly cool voice
:4darkpit: The most agressive voice
:4shulk: This one explains itself
:4ness: The highest pitched voice
:4myfriends: The best recycled voice
:4charizard: The improved voice

:4fox: huehuehuehuehuehue

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
:4pacman: So awesome he doesn't needs a voice. Besides not wanting to repeat the "Ghostly Adventures" incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom