• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Because he either posts overused GIFs or GIFs that 'belong' to someone else. But mostly because he's CliffJumper.
CliffJumper is the Autobot we need, truly. With his GIF powers, he will be able to beat Megatron!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Heck, a lot of characters in Spongebob don't have the same old character traits they used to have.

Mrs. Puff for example actually tries to get Spongebob killed in one episode so she won't have to put up with him anymore. They took a dark turn with her there. And a dumb one at that.

Sandy is more about inventions and science now. Which is fine, but they rarely ever go into anything about Texas anymore, which she used to show love for all the time and is former home.

They go above and beyond, out of their way every time with some of the most ridiculous things just to make Squidward the constant unlucky butt-monkey.

Patrick is still dumb with occasional clever moments. I think he's one of the few characters among the main cast who is still fine as he is.

They decided in one episode Poof was old enough to talk (by Tara Strong). And not baby talk but full blown English. Possibly to keep the show "alive" like they did for Sparky.
....well that's dumb.

So I'm assuming this came sometime after they introduced Sparky?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Jimmy Timmy Power-hours were pretty dang awesome. Every single one of them. I remember them pretty well when they're brought up.

Part of me misses Jimmy Neutron, but at the same time I think that show probably would've suffered a similar fate of declining quality if it was still going today. So it's honestly probably a good thing that it's done.

The Krusty Sponge.
Ah yes. Not gonna lie, I actually really like that episode.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I don't watch a lot of cartoons lately but I can say that modern Nick, Disney and CN can't hold a candle to the older days
Also @ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser I think you just helped me find my new sig
tumblr_inline_nihjkpecu51qg36k6.png

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I never got into Jimmy Neutron or FOP. I saw the animated movie they did for Jimmy Neutron when I was a kid. It was meh, I liked it's soundtrack better than the story.

Also, has anyone else experienced the same adware problems I am? I keep getting ads popping up on this site keeping me from viewing the site.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not the only one here who really liked Drake & Josh, right?

It was actually the only sitcom I liked when it was still a part of Nick's regular programming. I still think it's far better than a lot of sticoms on TV today, especially those on Disney and Nick.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Come to think of it, what's even on Nick anymore? Sanjay & Craig and Breadwinners got the axe, didn't they?

It was actually the only sitcom I liked when it was still a part of Nick's regular programming. I still think it's far better than a lot of sticoms on TV today, especially those on Disney and Nick.
Even that wasn't immune.

Season 1: Drake helps Josh get a date.

Season 4: Drake and Josh accidentally sell an orangutan to a guy who eats orangutans.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I prefer the 90's stuff, except for Clarissa Explains It All. Never liked that show.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Come to think of it, what's even on Nick anymore? Sanjay & Craig and Breadwinners got the axe, didn't they?

Even that wasn't immune.

Season 4: Drake and Josh accidentally sell an orangutan to a guy who eats orangutans.
Not every show will be perfect I guess, as time drags on some shows overstay their welcome.

I prefer the 90's stuff, except for Clarissa Explains It All. Never liked that show.
Speaking of 90s stuff

All That was probably the best show of my early childhood, and I still love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To me, it's kinda sad that the cartoons of CN/Nick/Disney are (most of the time) higher quality than any of their live action garbage.

A reason I still watch cartoons regularly.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Funny, I never really got into most of the 90's shows. I loved KaBlam! and Angry Beavers, but I was never really into CatDog and I found Ren & Stimpy to be flat-out horrible.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
FOP... Jimmy.... Spongebob... Hmm.

To this day, none of them can beat Rocko's Modern Life & CatDog. :4yoshi:
I liked Rocko, but the main character(s) of CatDog were always annoying to me.

Even that wasn't immune.

Eh, I still think it maintained quality humor for the most part. Only an occasional bad episode.

And I can't express how happy I'd be if Sanjay & Craig as well as Breadwinners were cancelled. They both instantly screamed "Regular Show Knockoff" to me. With a side of bad humor.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
That and Kenan and Kel.
Yesssssss
I didn't like Drake and Josh but compared to what we have now is the reason I'll watch it.
Drake and Josh was cheesy but better than most of the stuff that was on Disney at the time :teeth:
Funny, I never really got into most of the 90's shows. I loved KaBlam! and Angry Beavers, but I was never really into CatDog and I found Ren & Stimpy to be flat-out horrible.
Aaah! Real Monsters was good as well
Ah, kablam. I'm starting to feel nostalgic

I don't like it

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I liked Rocko, but the main character(s) of CatDog were always annoying to me.

Eh, I still think it maintained quality humor for the most part. Only an occasional bad episode.

And I can't express how happy I'd be if Sanjay & Craig as well as Breadwinners were cancelled. They both instantly screamed "Regular Show Knockoff" to me. With a side of bad humor.
Even Breadwinners has its occasional moments. Sanjay is utterly irredeemable, though. It didn't help that the official Tumblr blog spammed unblockable, sponsored posts about it leading up to its premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom