• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Never mind. For some reason, Nintendo just gave me a notification for a system update from October 6th, 2014. The update that introduced themes... Talk about :079:.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Oh it's fine. Personally the trick I use in anime conversations such as this is to pretend that I know what they're talking about.
It's worked for me so far (though hopefully they don't catch on soon).
Well right now I wanted people's opinion actually.
The majority of those aren't even close to anime.
Of course, imo they are superior.
Oh all this time I thought they were anime haha oh man, which of them aren't? Btw I forgot to mention Dragonball, Dragon Ball Z, tiny bit of bleach and naruto
Hard to take you seriously with that kid icarus avatar...
...,how? I think they're very normal looking people. Besides they're two of my mains

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't watch anime, and if I do, it's not as much as you would expect. I'm not that type of guy lol.
I would rather watch it over the unoriginal shows broadcast in TV, however.

What if she becomes a queen? :smirk:

Did a new system update get released for the 3DS? I just got a notification about it saying stuff like new themes included and whatnot. Welp, time to check...
I think it's just the Theme Shop that updated. The next "big" 3DS update is coming out next month. You know, the one that contains amiibo settings and all that. Pfft never mind lol.

And a new economy. A cool one.
Imagine a fight between him and Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Solid.
The moves will be shown for sure.
Falcon instead of George Washington? Mind is super extremely blown. Agreed x9000.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I forgot to mention

I caught me second shiny in ORAS while catching wonder trade bait

A shiny zigzagoon or whatever it;s called

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Despite my kawaii avi, I rarely watch anime; I watched the basic ones like DBZ, DBGT, Saint Seiya, InuYasha, YuYu Hakusho, Cardcaptors, Corrector Yui, Pokémon, Ranma 1/2, some of Gundam Wing, Attack on Titan and... one called Sailor Moon or something.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yet people call... Avatar an anime? That only makes me want to hit them

But I never saw anyone call american made show anime, always cartoons.
That's just word association. I know little to no people call non-Japanese animation "anime". But why does animation have to be produced in Japan to be called an anime?

I base Avatar: The Last Airbender as an anime on the grounds that:
  • It's drawn in an Anime-esque art style.
  • Its close links to Eastern mythology and culture.
But I consider it a NON-Traditional Anime. But an anime nonetheless.

I'm just sharing my thoughts. I still call cartoons cartoons and anime anime. A lot of people just don't realise what the origin of the term 'anime' is. :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Despite my kawaii avi, I rarely watch anime; I watched the basic ones like DBZ, DBGT, Saint Seiya, InuYasha, YuYu Hakusho, Cardcaptors, Corrector Yui, Pokémon, Ranma 1/2, some of Gundam Wing, Attack on Titan and... one called Sailor Moon or something.
is Saint Seiya a good anime btw?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
That's just word association. I know little to no people call non-Japanese animation "anime". But why does animation have to be produced in Japan to be called an anime?

I base Avatar: The Last Airbender as an anime on the grounds that:
  • It's drawn in an Anime-esque art style.
  • Its close links to Eastern mythology and culture.
But I consider it a NON-Traditional Anime. But an anime nonetheless.

I'm just sharing my thoughts. I still call cartoons cartoons and anime anime. A lot of people just don't realise what the origin of the term 'anime' is. :p
But RWBY tho?
The creators apparently say its an anime.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
But RWBY tho?
The creators apparently say its an anime.
I think of that as a non-traditional anime too, but for different reasons:

• Anime-esque art style again. In fact, it looks A LOT more anime than Avatar, but in 3D.
  • It's humor and certain sequences borrow from anime tropes.
  • It's 90% women in an action anime.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
My god, you guys should look at the staff members. We got like 20 or so new mods over the past week. It's crazy.

I mean wow, I browse pretty much all the smash 4 related sections (except video) and it is amazing how many people who I either talked to or respected now have a red username. My mind was blown so many times this past couple of days, give me a break whoever is hiring all of them. :p

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I googled that and this is what came up

Is that what your talking about?

That is some horrible animation
Believe me, I thought that too when I first saw it.

But they improve the animation TENFOLD in Season 2. Watch the the first episode of S2 with the foodfight sequence.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My god, you guys should look at the staff members. We got like 20 or so new mods over the past week. It's crazy.

I mean wow, I browse pretty much all the smash 4 related sections (except video) and it is amazing how many people who I either talked to or respected now have a red username. My mind was blown so many times this past couple of days, give me a break whoever is hiring all of them. :p
I should be the mod of the meme section. What ? There's no such things as a meme section ?

*Chuckle* Soon mah boy, soon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Believe me, I thought that too when I first saw it.

But they improve the animation TENFOLD in Season 2. Watch the the first episode of S2 with the foodfight sequence.
Mention of Food Fight when discussing the improvement of animation

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
To me, cartoon=anime and vice versa.

No matter what weeb say.

However, I still tend to refer them differently when talking to others.

Also:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I'm tellin' ya, they're planning something. This cannot be a coincidence.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

I googled that and this is what came up

Is that what your talking about?

That is some horrible animation
Being a bit fair, it's definetely not a studio with Ufotable level of animators.

'sides this is 1st season.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I think of that as a non-traditional anime too, but for different reasons:

• Anime-esque art style again. In fact, it looks A LOT more anime than Avatar, but in 3D.
  • It's humor and certain sequences borrow from anime tropes.
  • It's 90% women in an action anime.
Some of the ones I watched are "anime influenced" I guess like Teen Titans. And even though Pokemon and yugioh were my childhood I also dearly miss Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. They kinda just died off../:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

What's up, Doc? Oh wait, that's Bugs Bunny's line. Er... What's cookin', good lookin'? ... That just got awkward... :p

Strofirko

Smash Master
And then, Mariotehplumber apologized to the Rosalina fans and agreed to make his final video in YouTube. The end. :troll:
Now he is been blackmailed,what will be the next chapter of his misadventures?

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
And then, Mariotehplumber apologized to the Rosalina fans and agreed to make his final video in YouTube. The end. :troll:
I wonder how 'genuine' that is and not that he did that because he was scared the 'cult' would post his personal details anyway. I mean, who spends 100s of dollars on stuff you say you hate only because you want to be seen as a troll?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What's up, Doc? Oh wait, that's Bugs Bunny's line. Er... What's cookin', good lookin'? ... That just got awkward... :p
In addition to looking up the staff member list, I also read every post in this thread so I already knew you became mod. :p

Congrats.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
In addition to looking up the staff member list, I also read every post in this thread so I already knew you became mod. :p

Congrats.
tumblr_n1bp1hNj2K1tttjqro1_500.gif

Every post ? Come on, that's impossible too waste so much time like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom