• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meliodas from Nanatsu no Taizai.

Anyway, finally changed my mains. Despite lots of practice I still suck with Palutena and never played Bowser Jr. that much.
*See Captain Falcon*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Well at least his UpSmash is not as strong as before.
His DownSmash however. :troll:

Poor :4marth:. His range is horrible now, and can be combo so easily. :4lucina: is better in my opinion.
Yeah poor marth. Don't know why they did they to him. And now that you mention it, Lucina seems to play like brawl marth

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Woo, new avatar for a change. About time.

You probably don't know who is the guy in it, now do you?
I love you so ****ing much right now for that icon
Meliodas ftw
ok I was slow but can I still get Kudos?

Yay! And I had never heard of that anime before 5 minutes ago.
Seven Deadly Sins is a pretty kick ass anime

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I still have Amagi Brilliant Park's Character TV Tropes page open... *closes page* :smash:

Here's the link for you TV Tropes lovers: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/AmagiBrilliantPark.

What is ABP? It's an anime about an amusement park from what I'm getting at and I'm going to assume there's fighting, random fanservice, and other animu stuff. Oh, and the main girl has like a giant blunderbuss or something that she uses to keep people in line. Anime about amusement parks... Oh, and there's a girl named Latifah and she's a princess. Oh, the pun... IT HURTS SO MUCH! :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yay! And I had never heard of that anime before 5 minutes ago.
You used Google Search via image upload?

Not every soul has the tenacity or the knowledge to use that.

Have a Frostwraith Seal of Approval. I don't give those on a whim, by the way.

Seven Deadly Sins is a pretty kick *** anime
The latest manga I started following. Chapter 111 is out next week.

Still got to watch the anime, but ain't got time for that. I know the music composer is Hiroyuki Sawano (who did the music for Attack on Titan and Xenoblade Chronicles X), so it ought to have a kickass soundtrack.

The studio is A-1 Pictures, who aren't half-bad, though they sometimes botch the adaptations at certain points...

I love you so ****ing much right now for that icon
Meliodas ftw
ok I was slow but can I still get Kudos?
You get a Frostwraith Silver Medal of Correct Quiz Answering.

Happy?

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Is it..bad that the only anime I've ever watched are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Teen Titans, digimon, beyblade, and avatar? do astroboy, megaman nt warrior, and xiaolin showdown count?

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Captain Falcon for president. :troll:

If Captain Falcon is president, wars can end quickly.
However, the Fire Emblem series will be in danger. Falcon loves to kick the butts of those guys.

Is it..bad that the only anime I've ever watched are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Teen Titans, digimon, beyblade? do astroboy, megaman nt warrior, and xiaolin showdown count?
Watch Nichijou. It's the only anime you need to watch. And the only manga you need to read.
Nichijou is the best thing on the planet you fool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Is it..bad that the only anime I've ever watched are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Teen Titans, digimon, beyblade, and avatar? do astroboy, megaman nt warrior, and xiaolin showdown count?
I dont count xiaolin showdown as anime because I see anime as Japanese animated shows and Seeing how xiaolin showdown is not a Japanese Animated show... Same with avatar and Teen Titans
Your avatar's eyes seem to get brighter and have smaller iris's each time you change it.
Is that a good or bad thing?
Watch Nichijou. It's the only anime you need to watch. And the only manga you need to read.
Watch everything, you say?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Captain Falcon is president, wars can end quickly.
However, the Fire Emblem series will be in danger. Falcon loves to kick the butts of those guys.
Well, he's showing his moves, after all. There would be no wars, no arguments, and the world would be peaceful. And maybe more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry but it's hard to take you seriously with the fnaf avatar....

No sorry, I'm right handed and draw only once in a blue moon.. but yes I do leave the TV on as background noise often lol
Hard to take you seriously with that kid icarus avatar...

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Anime is a shortened expression for 2D animation. Any show that is portrayed and executed in 2D animation is technically an anime.

Think about that for a minute, :dizzy:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh it's fine. Personally the trick I use in anime conversations such as this is to pretend that I know what they're talking about.
It's worked for me so far (though hopefully they don't catch on soon).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is it..bad that the only anime I've ever watched are Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Teen Titans, digimon, beyblade? do astroboy, megaman nt warrior, and xiaolin showdown count?
You need to dig deeper. Those are basic stuff. Anyway, if it's Japanese and it's animated, then yes, it's anime.

The best anime/manga for me is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, tied with Death Note.

The majority of those aren't even close to anime.
Of course, imo they are superior.
The moment you say stuff like Pokémon is superior to good stuff like FMA or Death Note is the moment you awake a BOILING IRE running in my veins!

You know how it makes me FEEL?! FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!! :evil:

...Whew... Gotta catch my breath.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, he's showing his moves, after all. There would be no wars, no arguments, and the world would be peaceful. And maybe more than that.

And a new economy. A cool one.
Imagine a fight between him and Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Solid.
The moves will be shown for sure.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The only anime I've watched are DBZ, original DB, Inu-Yasha, some Bleach, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Bobobo-bo, and recently started Deadman Wonderland.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I thought only Japanese animated shows are called anime
The original reason the term was coined was simply because it was a shortened term of 'animation' that stuck.

It's easier to associate Japanese animated shows as 'anime', and any narrow-minded hardcore elitist will talk you down if you don't know what an anime is.

But in actuality, any animation can be considered an anime. People just want to be less confusing.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
except the pun is ruined because she isn't a queen
What if she becomes a queen? :smirk:

Did a new system update get released for the 3DS? I just got a notification about it saying stuff like new themes included and whatnot. Welp, time to check...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The original reason the term was coined was simply because it was a shortened term of 'animation' that stuck.

It's easier to associate Japanese animated shows as 'anime', and any narrow-minded hardcore elitist will talk you down if you don't know what an anime is.

But in actuality, any animation can be considered an anime. People just want to be less confusing.
Well, in Japan, anime refers to any and all kinds of animation, so in a sense it's true... If you're in Japan and/or talking in Japanese.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Indeed, that's the truth.

Anime = Japanese animation, in other words, animation produced in Japan

That's the inarguable very definition of the word.
Yet people call... Avatar an anime? That only makes me want to hit them

But I never saw anyone call american made show anime, always cartoons.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The moment you say stuff like Pokémon is superior to good stuff like FMA or Death Note is the moment you awake a BOILING IRE running in my veins!
You know how it makes me FEEL?! FURIOUS! OUTRAGED! SICK WITH ANGER!! :evil:
...Whew... Gotta catch my breath.
Was NOT referring to Pokemon or Yugioh, as they're both anime. :troll:

Soul.

Not at all. In fact, I myself had a dream where everyone was a mod. :troll:
Now that is crazy.
If everyone was a mod I don't know what would I think of this thread.
"You get an infraction!"
"And you get an infraction!"
"EVERYONE gets an infraction!"
Although I'm pretty sure mods can't get infractions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's a reason TV Tropes separates Western Animation from Anime.

Or why most people separate JRPGs from WRPGs.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
If everyone was a mod I don't know what would I think of this thread.
"You get an infraction!"
"And you get an infraction!"
"EVERYONE gets an infraction!"
Although I'm pretty sure mods can't get infractions.
That's exactly what I was thinking. But like I said, it was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom