• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
And now we are watching the controversial Pokemon: The Movie review just to see how many flaws the film had to begin with. Then again, most Pokemon movies were never perfect to begin with. *raises flame shield*
Yeah, Pokemon movies aren't that... well, like you said, prefect. I like some themes that are reinforced in the first movie. And there are some memorable quotes, such as the famous, "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." and when Meowth says, "You're right, we do have a lot in common. The same earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same... instead of always looking at what's different, who knows?" Never knew that cat can be this deep. But yeah, there's still some flaws. At the very least, I enjoy the movies more than the anime haha.

My fave Pokemon movie that I've seen is probably Jirachi Wish Maker from a presentation and thematic point of view (even though it still has its flaws).

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well, even the anime reference the Nazis right at the beginning, just to point out how facists the universe is. So yeah, even the anime use it as a selling point if you think about it. But I agree with you.
You mean the classroom scene, right? I forgot about that. I watched the show last year as it aired, so it's been months.

I don't think it's a selling point, so much as cementing the fascist overtones of the series. I also don't think that authoritarian motifs are high on the list of actual series selling points if you know what I mean.

Anyway, may the back half of the series delight you ever the more.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out from a George Takei post, in the comment section specifically

The difference between male and female laxatives is, it's pink and says "For women" on it.

The reason it's pink and says "For Women" is because, according to research, woman will pay more for something if they think it's specially formulated and made just for them

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Every fight they've had has ended with to be continued or in a draw. We will never know who would actually win.
Hopefully a new fight were to happen soon and we can finally see the victor. Because if anything were to happen that breaks up the battle, then I'll call it a Big Lipped Alligator Moment.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I need to Smash a little. It's been some time now, since I was watching Kill la Kill, working on my project and having school. I'm gonna play some :4drmario: and :4ganondorf: for fun.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Well, I need to Smash a little. It's been some time now, since I was watching Kill la Kill, working on my project and having school. I'm gonna play some :4drmario: and :4ganondorf: for fun.
Ah doc. I picked him up again last night on For Glory. We had some good times. I'm delaying taking down my Doc guide :p mostly out of nostalgia

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol you know what? I'm going to make another Windows drawing to troll these Miiverse users. :troll:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I can't wait till we hit page 404 and the thread isn't found. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The edge is real with this picture, it simply can not be described in words to say how beautiful this is.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

The edge is real with this picture, it simply can not be described in words to say how beautiful this is.
Remove Ryuko.
There, now we have the real picture (seriously, why is she considered this "edgy" ?).

Also destroying people with the power of :4ganondorf:. King of Evil too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom