• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, the friend thing has been resolved for now. I just want her to understand, and I'm sure there will be an understanding once and for all eventually.

P.S. Where @Pega-pony Princess at? Haven't heard from her since last month...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just saw a comment that said that Bug Bunny would **** Mickey Mouse in a Death Battle. This alone gave me quite the laugh considering how little of a chance that wascally wabbit would have if Mickey had his Epic Mickey, Fantasia, or Kingdom Hearts abilities involved. Sure he was able to cut Florida off the U.S. nation with the help of a "Toon Force saw", but that's still nothing compared to the many things Mickey had achieved in his life. :troll:

And now we are watching the controversial Pokemon: The Movie review just to see how many flaws the film had to begin with. Then again, most Pokemon movies were never perfect to begin with. *raises flame shield*
Most likely just you typical "This is kiddy so it immediately loses to this more adult thing" person, like if you put a Nintendo character against a Sony character discussing with a fanboy, no matter how much you prove X chracter can beat Y, the Sony fanboy will always put as excuse "Nintendo is kiddy so my Sony character obviously wins".

A bit justified with Kratos tho.

Most go from decent to average, but not beyond that.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well in this one, just remember those words : clothes are strong in this universe.
Also, Ryuko, often joked about how she looks just like Shadow the Edgehog, is not that edgy. She's much more likeable than Shadow, and at least got a real personality, unlike :4darkpit:. Also, you're going to see a lot of references to Hitler and nazis.
I found KLK to have themes of fascism in general, and not necessarily of Nazi Germany specifically (which was a fascist regime). There aren't really any overt references to Hilter and Friends in the show, unless you draw parallels in authoritarian settings governed by a dictatorship (which are valid, but there have been other fascist regimes beside Nazi Germany).

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Currently watching a Nostalgia Critic marathon with the toughest, mouthiest, and ballsiest girl in Blue Island. It was a good thing we started watching reviews based on animated abominations from A Troll in Central Park to Felix the Cat: The Movie. We are currently watching NC's review of Jurassic Park 3 and just got done ranting about how it's ****ing impossible for a Spinosaur to kill a Tyrannosaurus Rex. :laugh:
Can't beat the Critic. He may sometimes think a joke is way funnier than it is, but ya gotta love him :D

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I found KLK to have themes of fascism in general, and not necessarily of Nazi Germany specifically (which was a fascist regime). There aren't really any overt references to Hilter and Friends in the show, unless you draw parallels in authoritarian settings governed by a dictatorship (which are valid, but there have been other fascist regimes beside Nazi Germany).
Yeah, but I generally take the nazi one as an example. But it's really a lot about dictatorships.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies OST is probably one of my Top 10 Favorite Soundtracks for Games.

The orchestra is just so bombastic and overwhelming on my senses.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Yeah, but I generally take the nazi one as an example. But it's really a lot about dictatorships.
Nazi Germany is the most renown of the fascist regimes of the past, true. But if you say there are Nazi references in KLK, you might mislead people into expecting that the show will have pseudo-Swastikas, faux-German accents, and fixations on racial purity, among other things (since Nazism is a specific ideology). Best to say that the show just employs a general take on authoritarian tropes and motifs.

Of course, a viewer may read Nazism into KLK if that's the regime they know most about. The point I'm making is that it's best to be accurate when trying to sell a piece of entertainment media to people.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Can we get "With Rocket Raccoon" in the title? @---
Here's what I want you to do.

Nothing.

I want you to do nothing and let life pass you by, watching your peers succeed and fail as you become defined by a haze of menial repetition and fade in your old age, remembered by none.

Thanks in advance!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Nazi Germany is the most renown of the fascist regimes of the past, true. But if you say there are Nazi references in KLK, you might mislead people into expecting that the show will have pseudo-Swastikas, faux-German accents, and fixations on racial purity, among other things (since Nazism is a specific ideology). Best to say that the show just employs a general take on authoritarian tropes and motifs.

Of course, a viewer may read Nazism into KLK if that's the regime they know most about. The point I'm making is that it's best to be accurate when trying to sell a piece of entertainment media to people.
Well, even the anime reference the Nazis right at the beginning, just to point out how facists the universe is. So yeah, even the anime use it as a selling point if you think about it. But I agree with you.

Soul.

Pfft. Please, we all know what is the better Objection theme.
:troll: :troll: :troll:
Can we get "With Rocket Raccoon" in the title? @---
We don't need your name in the title. Maybe "With Pikachu" sounds better. :troll:

wow am i becoming mr. trollface

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Most likely just you typical "This is kiddy so it immediately loses to this more adult thing" person, like if you put a Nintendo character against a Sony character discussing with a fanboy, no matter how much you prove X chracter can beat Y, the Sony fanboy will always put as excuse "Nintendo is kiddy so my Sony character obviously wins".

A bit justified with Kratos tho.
Those Buu vs. Kirby fanboy rages though, they even argue that Kirby was clearly using Toon Force in the anime adaption too. Not to mention the whole "The Sun wouldn't kill Buu if someone weaker like Cooler could survive it" argument. Even I myself wouldn't believe that Kirby would win until that very outcome, even when the Hypernova Ability exists (My GF was lucky for betting on Kirby before the battle due to her knowledge of both series).

Speaking of ridiculous fanboy DB arguments, I saw somebody that says Yami from To Love Ru would obliterate Bayonetta. As someone who played both the games and seen the entire TLR saga, that is nigh impossible since the latter actually fights gods AND demons. I doubt that her Darkness Form would would even put a scratch on the Umbran Witch. :laugh:

Can't beat the Critic. He may sometimes think a joke is way funnier than it is, but ya gotta love him :D
True that, Doug is the best when it comes to giving us insight on certain films while entertaining us in the end. But seriously, The Critic would own The Angry Video Game Nerd in a fight any day. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True that, Doug is the best when it comes to giving us insight on certain films while entertaining us in the end. But seriously, The Critic would own The Angry Video Game Nerd in a fight any day. :p
Every fight they've had has ended with to be continued or in a draw. We will never know who would actually win.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Sends request to @WolfieXVII*
..Dang.

Beaten at my own game ;~;
Looks like you... *puts sunglasses* were :4greninja:'d
Those Buu vs. Kirby fanboy rages though, they even argue that Kirby was clearly using Toon Force in the anime adaption too. Not to mention the whole "The Sun wouldn't kill Buu if someone weaker like Cooler could survive it" argument. Even I myself wouldn't believe that Kirby would win until that very outcome, even when the Hypernova Ability exists (My GF was lucky for betting on Kirby before the battle due to her knowledge of both series).

Speaking of ridiculous fanboy DB arguments, I saw somebody that says Yami from To Love Ru would obliterate Bayonetta. As someone who played both the games and seen the entire TLR saga, that is nigh impossible since the latter actually fights gods AND demons. I doubt that her Darkness Form would would even put a scratch on the Umbran Witch. :laughs:

I can understand those guys dissapointed over the character they were rooting for losing, but God, they're like 3 years old brats. Oh well, it's nighly impossible to reach the rage levels of the Superman vs Goku battle, even with other DBZ characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom