• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Saw some folks discussing KLK on the last page.

KLK is the bestest, and I will bestow boons of the spirit to those who witness it to completion.
Tonight we dance around the flame
Then we get to play de Spirit Game,
Spirit names we shout out loud
Shake de thunder from de spirit cloud

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't really like how most arcades are nowadays...they're just not the same to me. It's mostly this touch screen junk :/

There is still an old school style arcade close to where I live. They hold Smash tournament there sometimes too, I just haven't been able to go.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Blame that on the fact that since DMC1 there hasn't been a boxing move set or aerial combos with punches for Dante or Vergil since Beowulf and Gilgamesh only have kicks that are Jump Cancelable.

A DMC/Bayonetta game with Little Mac or another boxer character would be fine if they make dodging right kind of like how you don't need to do any air combos in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Now, if they made a Captain Falcon game like that... *drools* Imagine Falcon Kick, the Knee of Justice, aerial Raptor Boost, and the Nipple spike being JC'd! HOLY HELL!!! NINTENDO PARTNER UP WITH EITHER CAPCOM OR PLATINUM GAMES AND MAKE A CAPTAIN FALCON GAME LIKE DMC OR BAYONETTA!!!
Not just the hulk fists, but also sword jump canceling, it looks dumb as hell. (also Dante did kick in DMC1 using the gauntlets for some reason)

Also, relevant:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
[WARNING: CONTAINS SWEARS]
Sonic is dead.
GG no re. :4sonic:

D

Deleted member

Guitar Hero III. Had expert top score on Take This Life by In Flames at a Gameworks for a while
Did you try out Carry on my Wayward Son like Stan and Kyle did?

Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (even though I emulated it).

I plan to some day try out Mario Kart Arcade GP DX which a Dave & Buster's nearby my house has it.
I saw a MKAGP1 unit 2 months ago. I never got a change to try it out but by the looks of it it must've been cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
When I was younger I watched a show that was 2D animated until the characters entered a virtual world
I could never remember the name of the show

Today I discovered it was called Code Lyoko

(There was a point to this post, but it escaped my mind.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
When I was younger I watched a show that was 2D animated until the characters entered a virtual world

Code Lyoke was freaking awesome. I remember around when it first came out I followed it actively and always tried to catch new episodes. It's still one of my favorite animated series to this day.

I don't think I ever finished watching the series though. I'll have to get caught up with it sometime.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
God, the game Rule of Rose pisses me off so bad. oh god so bad
Code Lyoke was freaking awesome. I remember around when it first came out I followed it actively and always tried to catch new episodes. It's still one of my favorite animated series to this day.

I don't think I ever finished watching the series though. I'll have to get caught up with it sometime.
nice sig dude

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey guys, what's going o-- *met by KingofPhantoms47's sig* GOD...****ing dammit.

Really getting sick of seeing that everywhere now.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Johnny Quest is another one.

The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald going the other way around.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not just the hulk fists, but also sword jump canceling, it looks dumb as hell. (also Dante did kick in DMC1 using the gauntlets for some reason)

Also, relevant:

Admittedly, the animation for DmC is kind of janky, especially Dante's. Yes, Dante's supposed to be a brawler who throws wild swings, haymakers, etc., but there's some things that just look choppy compared to DMC. Meanwhile, Vergil's sheathing animations are just wicked.

Granted, DmC did things that should have been done in DMC like Drive being much faster or pause combos for aerials just for the sake of variety.

DmC Vergil's gameplay looks better in my opinion; it looks more polished and less janky even if it's slower than in DMC3. Also, his gameplay looks like a taste of what he could do in DMC4 since DMC4 allowed Dante full access to his Styles while DmC made Summoned Swords faster and expanded Vergil's move set. I could totally see Vergil using battojutsu which Divorce looks like and a pause combo would have been nice. Dante with Dark Slayer in DMC4 was great and all, but I want to see the true Dark Slayer in action.

Kick 13? The powerful kick he does with Ifrit which becomes powerful kicks when he uses Devil Trigger? Yeah, it didn't make a lot of sense since he had freaking gauntlets that are on fire. He could have done Straight from DMC3 & 4 or DmC. At least it was a cool move in DMC4.

Edit: I know Nero had an aerial pause combo, but it's kind of stupid that only he had it. At least give Dante a variation of his Aerial Rave for his Swordmaster Style...

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I've been listening to a lot of touhou music recently. I neve knew it was ALL so good. (I only knew of things like Beloved Tomboyish Girl and UN Owen was Her?). It's one of the things that got me to look into the series. (I do want to try it someday.)
It's a fun shoot em up series. Musically my favorites are Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind, Faith is for the Transient People, Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess, and a few others. Futatsuiwa from Sado is highly umderrated I've found.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, what's going o-- *met by KingofPhantoms47's sig* GOD...****ing dammit.

I know, Kaye. You are not alone on this, like @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard said. I don't understand the hype surrounding FNAF but okay people are different and they can like stuff we don't. Even if that's his signature, I still see KoP47 as a cool guy.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know, Kaye. You are not alone on this, like @ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard said. I don't understand the hype surrounding FNAF but okay people are different and they can like stuff we don't. Even if that's his signature, I still see KoP47 as a cool guy.
People liking it is fine but goddammit, I just want to browse around peacefully but then suddenly one of those hideous things is in my face on every forum, art site and every time I go to Youtube. It's irritating.

You're not wrong at all, though. It's not the people, it's just the product itself that irks me.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Why did they make Whitney' Miltank the devil with roll out? that **** rolled out my dreams

oooooooh oh yeah that was a good day

Is it just me or do people only like Shantae because she has *** and breasts for days for them to look at?
what makes you think that people like Shantae because of her ass and breast? I like Shantae games and I don't care about any of that stuff, sure there my be some freaks out there that only care about those things but not all of the fans are like that.

I hate seeing that game too, I don't get why so many like that game so much just full of jump scares it must be youtube that make it so popular.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Apologies to those who are tired of seeing it, but I myself do like the game, and a lot of other people do as well.

As for the hype, I still see the gameplay as being really unique and look forward to what the third game may bring to it. No, it's not just people freaking out over the jumpscares on Youtube that make it so popular. A good portion of it's popularity is due to it's storyline, and the lore....well, the lore is really deep and clever stuff once you get into it. (I won't try to convert anyone to liking it or getting into it though. If you say it's not for you, then it's not for you. I'll respect that.)

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
People liking it is fine but goddammit, I just want to browse around peacefully but then suddenly one of those hideous things is in my face on every forum, art site and every time I go to Youtube. It's irritating.
If you think that's irritating, try having a li'l sis who is obsessed with the game. Seriously, she's so obsessed one time I put the Honest Trailer of the game and she was angry for people making fun of it.

Then I put it once again three days ago and she punched me. No, really.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Normal is hard enough for me. I don't have a 1cc on Normal in any game besides MoF and PoFV.
I have a 1cc in every "standard" shmup in the series (so SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, Great Fairy Wars, TD, and DDC) on Normal with at least one shot type. I have a 1cc on Hard in EoSD and I've cleared beaten the Extra Bosses Flandre, Ran, Mokou, Suwako, and Mamizou. I've been branching into fangame shmups recently and have 1cc'd a couple of those. Now I'm working on the Len'en trilogy by JynX which he described as a ripoff of Touhou. Those games are really hard, though, harder than Touhou by far. Like Normal in Touhou is about par with Easy in Len'en. O_O

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you think that's irritating, try having a li'l sis who is obsessed with the game. Seriously, she's so obsessed one time I put the Honest Trailer of the game and she was angry for people making fun of it.

Wow.......how old is your little sister, exactly?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
sure there my be some freaks out there that only care about those things but not all of the fans are like that.
I guess Im focusing more on that then the fans that done, I does look like a good game, ignore that side of the fanbase
I hate seeing that game too, I don't get why so many like that game so much just full of jump scares it must be youtube that make it so popular.
Its popular because it feed on peoples paranoid of those creepy things like at Chuck E Cheese, The jumpscares are only for when you screw up. Ill just stop here because I dont feel like arguing and I know Ill be yelled at for being "wrong"

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

You put it where exactly? :upsidedown:
But seriously, isn't that the whole point of Honest Trailers?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Still have no idea what's it all about. i'm guessing its the new thing since slenderman.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Your avatars disgusts me,they are hideous,I will only be fine with them if all of you use this as an avatar :
upload_2015-1-3_20-36-52.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're not wrong at all, though. It's not the people, it's just the product itself that irks me.
I know right? I talked to a friend about the game and he's against it. He apparently told me that posting a negative comment about the game on YouTube makes everyone go full Super Saiyan mode (butthurt). Sure, the game may be good, but like you said, it's really tiring to see that bear show up everywhere. I'm not against those who like FNAF and its sequel(s).

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wow.......how old is your little sister, exactly?
10 freaking years old, which make me get even less why she's so obsessed with it, specially towards Foxy.
You put it where exactly? :upsidedown:
But seriously, isn't that the whole point of Honest Trailers?
On the TV thanks to the Wii U.

I know, right? She perfectly watched the Little Mermaid and Frozen ones with no problems thinking they were funny and she loved those movies like most girls her age. But when I put play on that one she was like "NO! OH NO! THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE FUN OF THIS GAME!" and was annoyed for a while.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll admit, spread of the game's name and popularity did considerably rise when popular gamers on Youtube like Markiplier (him especially) started playing it and uploading their playthroughs online. But you can tell even people like Mark have a big appreciation for the gameplay, a good example being after he finished Night 5 and discovered there was a 6th Night.

And even after people got their laughs and own personal scares from it, a lot of people started delving into the game's storyline and lore. Tbh, if you really have no interest in the game as it is now, you probably won't be able to get into it at all. And the lore is something you'd have to get into yourself to really understand why so many people are into that aspect of the game.

The gameplay may be a different case though. It's not just cheap jumpscares. They're a punishment for screwing up. And the game's atmosphere, including the restaurant's design, the animatronic's designs and their appearances throughout the area, and the mere fact that you're confined to your office the entire time, having to keep enemies out rather than ever get a chance to escape it yourself, is all there to help tension and scares rise. For a lot of people this was a simple, but new and unique take on a Horror experience, and in term of gameplay, that's why a lot of people love it so much. Opinions vary though, the atmosphere and characters won't freak everyone out, and they may simply just not like the gameplay. And that's fine by me as long as you don't try to discourage anyone else who likes it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If I had to take a guess. Either because it's popular, or it's "scary".
You say Scary like it isnt scary. I guess I'm weird because I found the first one super scary mostly because I loved Chuck E Cheeses as a kid but after that game I had nightmares pff. I'm a soft person and I know it isn't scary for everyone, my good sir and I respect that
While I don't play 5 Nights at Freddy's (mostly because I have no way to play it, along with jump scares don't scare me at all) I've heard it's pretty good, although P.T. does look like it's lifetimes better.
I remeber looking at a video of someone trying to get the baby to laugh with the phone and the other stuff. Were silent hill games always that criptic? I never played them before, spare me

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
While I don't play 5 Nights at Freddy's (mostly because I have no way to play it, along with jump scares don't scare me at all) I've heard it's pretty good, although P.T. does look like it's lifetimes better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom