• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How come some GMOD stuff require Counter Strike: Source?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How come some GMOD stuff require Counter Strike: Source?
Some textures and (and less commonly, sound effects) are borrowed/modified from it. And sometimes entire custom maps themselves are made for play in CSS.

The textures and models may not show up properly as a result without it being mounted, and some maps and sound may not work either.

You may also need TF2 and Half-Life 2s episode one and two for some things, but it's uncommon in the case of the latter two.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, I wonder why Sakurai thought that Final Destination on every stage was a good idea. Seriously, it's not balanced, some characters will struggle like crazy on FD, but others will enjoy it, especially projectile based characters like :4link:/:4tlink:, :4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, :4villager: and many others. They just took the meme "No Items, :foxmelee: only, FD" and put it everywhere, without looking at the real competitive scene. If they looked at it seriously, we would have seen at least Battlefield in it, not just Final Crappystation with an other skin.

Yeah, I'm ranting for nothing.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I feel you, man.

Yesterday, my door kept opening, even though I keep closing it. The pain of standing up and sitting down is something no man should have to go through.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
You know, I wonder why Sakurai thought that Final Destination on every stage was a good idea. Seriously, it's not balanced, some characters will struggle like crazy on FD, but others will enjoy it, especially projectile based characters like :4link:/:4tlink:, :4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, :4villager: and many others. They just took the meme "No Items, :foxmelee: only, FD" and put it everywhere, without looking at the real competitive scene. If they looked at it seriously, we would have seen at least Battlefield in it, not just Final Crappystation with an other skin.

I feel you man, If there was battlefield versions of the stages too (lets call them alpha versions) it would be much more balanced. Make it 50/50 what comes out so people would have to learn to ADAPT

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, I wonder why Sakurai thought that Final Destination on every stage was a good idea. Seriously, it's not balanced
He did it so people who overplayed it in Brawl could have their way, and that everybody else could have tons of items on and play it with any other course type. It has nothing to do with balance. He just got sick of FD being chosen with items and thought it as boring and gave two modes to subvert this style.

I also play FD with Master Balls often for fun. It's my default settings on the 3DS version. Also gets Coins and random Parts/Trophies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Is that why I like FD? Because I main Bowser Jr and DHD?

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399

Don't worry, you're not ranting for nothing m8.

Final Destination definitely isn't balanced and was a bad choice to be the only stage in For Glory. Makes FG not fun since most people you come across just roll to the other side and projectile, rinse and repeat.

Also HI THREAD

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I want to play/test Project M so badly, just to finally main one character that I like, but can't due to how his moveset is horribly wrong : :warioc:. At least, they see Wario as he is : a greedy anti-hero. They don't see him like Sakurai : a weird fat guy that farts and is overall digusting and unlikeable.
I also want to main :mario2: on this mod, since he look overall buffed compared to other Smash games, even Smash 4. It's a great idea to fuse him with his clone to actually make him stronger.

I still like Smash 4, but I have to admit : there's more respect for some characters in this mod than in Smash 4. It's also more competitive, in a way. But for now, I can't have it, since there's still no Pal release for it.

Anyway, anyone wants to battle ? I'm up for some matches on Smash 4 Wii U.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I want to play/test Project M so badly, just to finally main one character that I like, but can't due to how his moveset is horribly wrong : :warioc:. At least, they see Wario as he is : a greedy anti-hero. They don't see him like Sakurai : a weird fat guy that farts and is overall digusting and unlikeable.
I also want to main :mario2: on this mod, since he look overall buffed compared to other Smash games, even Smash 4. It's a great idea to fuse him with his clone to actually make him stronger.

I still like Smash 4, but I have to admit : there's more respect for some characters in this mod than in Smash 4. It's also more competitive, in a way. But for now, I can't have it, since there's still no Pal release for it.

I usually would love to have some matches, but I'm dead tired.

Also, Project M is amazing and the wait is well worth it. I hope it comes out for PAL soon so you can experience just how great it is.

D

Deleted member

I feel you, man.

Yesterday, my door kept opening, even though I keep closing it. The pain of standing up and sitting down is something no man should have to go through.

This post. Like I literally can not agree with this post more. I swear, I dread having to get up after someone leaves my room without closing the door. People have no RESPECT FOR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT GAWD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Okay, so officially, FG is only composed of :4link: and :4samus:. After nerfing :4littlemac:, time to nerf spammy characters because "casuals before anything else" you know. Meanwhile, :4diddy: is chillin' because he knows he won't have any nerfs, since casuals "don't play monkeys".

Oh yeah, and the new conquest ? :4wiifit:and:4drmario: V.S :4myfriends: and :4metaknight:. Welp, I know who's gonna win this one.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

You're actually right. Even Mac gets a kick outta it since there's no platforms to hinder him. The worst part is that walled FDs (like Onett (I really hate this one) gives wall jumpers/clingers a better advantage (and that includes Mario and Mac, and cheap old Diddy... *eyetwitch* ), though I feel biased because I use Pit and Palutena.
Now Battlefield, that's more balanced, and it's one of my favorite stages along with Halberd. You play me on one of those 2, and you'll see why it's my fave.

In other news, with custom equips allowed, Crash Run Palutena is OP'd. :4palutena:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You're actually right. Even Mac gets a kick outta it since there's no platforms to hinder him. The worst part is that walled FDs (like Onett (I really hate this one) gives wall jumpers/clingers a better advantage (and that includes Mario and Mac, and cheap old Diddy... *eyetwitch* ), though I feel biased because I use Pit and Palutena.
Now Battlefield, that's more balanced, and it's one of my favorite stages along with Halberd. You play me on one of those 2, and you'll see why it's my fave.

In other news, with custom equips allowed, Crash Run Palutena is OP'd. :4palutena:
Some characters are pretty neutral in terms of stages, like :4mario: or :4pit:, since they are not only based on projectiles, they are balanced. But characters like :4luigi: will prefer platforms for combos and being safe, while :4link: or :4pacman: will prefer Final Destination since they are more projectile based. The problem is, because FG was created as a "Fast battle without items", Final Destination "seems" the most balanced stage for Sakurai, wich is not.
His view of the competitive scene is not great. Saying that Smash would have no future if it was made only by competitive players is wrong. Just look at Melee : it's for casuals, but it has a great competitive scene. His view of balance is wrong, he only focus on one community and don't care about the other one with a gentle way. :4diddy: will never get nerfed, since he's already nerfed to begin with, but characters like :4littlemac: or :rosalina: will still get nerfs, since how weird they are played. And appart from projectile based characters, I don't think there's going to be any nerfs on other characters. Since Sakurai bases himself on the FG stats, it's not going make the situation better.

All and all, for me, FG is a failed attempt of bringing casuals and competitive players on a same base. It's like this for any fighting game anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@ TJ-Works TJ-Works

Nice avi. Kiki's Delivery Service was great. :)

I know right? I have a hard time playing against the projectile characters. Battlefield was a much better alternative. He really took the meme at face value.
Then again, playing overly aggressively feels kind of good. :p

D

Deleted member

I play FG so much that whenever I'm playing with friends and we pick Battlefield, I go "PLATFORMS ARE A THING IN THIS GAME?!"

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I play FG so much that whenever I'm playing with friends and we pick Battlefield, I go "PLATFORMS ARE A THING IN THIS GAME?!"
Yeah, and for some reason, a lot of people are like this.
Meanwhile, Smash Ville is always picked in tournaments, with time to time Battlefield. Heck, Final Destination is pretty rare overall as a stage in tournaments. But it's better to make memes a reality rather than actually trying to please the whole Smash community. And no FG is not competitive. The duels are barely in the competitive format. And don't let me start talking about the failure that the FG mode made for the Double Battles. Seriously, nobody plays on a time limit with infinite lives. It really proves how poorly they looked at the competitive scene.

D

Deleted member

I may be in the minority, but I despise PM Wario's design. It would be one thing if he played remotely like his Brawl counterpart, but he doesn't. He feels like a completely different character. His recovery is not nearly as good, and all the best moves from Brawl Wario were replaced. Down air is now a ground pound instead of the shield killer drill, and forward smash is weaker, slower, and no longer has super armor. They also smoothed out some of his animations while not smoothing others, making him even more inconsistent. It's fine if you want a Wario Land Wario, but at least go the extra mile and adjust all of his animations to match. The only changes to the character I liked were the coins added to his pummel and changing his down smash, but that's only because Wario's down smash in Brawl was so awful.

and they made it harder to select white Wario by making me press the button 5 times as opposed to 1. Who does that?

R0Y

Smash Master
He did it so people who overplayed it in Brawl could have their way, and that everybody else could have tons of items on and play it with any other course type. It has nothing to do with balance. He just got sick of FD being chosen with items and thought it as boring and gave two modes to subvert this style.

I also play FD with Master Balls often for fun. It's my default settings on the 3DS version. Also gets Coins and random Parts/Trophies.
True, but honestly the omega form skins are kind of lame, all it does is make Final Destination irrelevant as a stage.. I wish we just had a stage hazard toggle, but Sakurai is stubborn.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Omega Mode for some stages is fine (Flat Zone for example) but some stages didn't need it at all. Yoshi's Island Brawl for example.
For other stages a stage hazard toggle would have been the better option. Magicant, Pyrosphere and Wily's Castle for example.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, and for some reason, a lot of people are like this.
Meanwhile, Smash Ville is always picked in tournaments, with time to time Battlefield. Heck, Final Destination is pretty rare overall as a stage in tournaments. But it's better to make memes a reality rather than actually trying to please the whole Smash community. And no FG is not competitive. The duels are barely in the competitive format. And don't let me start talking about the failure that the FG mode made for the Double Battles. Seriously, nobody plays on a time limit with infinite lives. It really proves how poorly they looked at the competitive scene.
Tournaments....I wish I could go to some but really the only place for Smash tournies from where I live are CHI-TOWN! (Chicago) and it's pretty far .-. (I wanna DRIVE ALREADY JEEZIZ. IT'S SCARY BUT DAMN I WANNA DRIVE) And plus, I feel like I'd just get my ass kicked xD

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I may be in the minority, but I despise PM Wario's design. It would be one thing if he played remotely like his Brawl counterpart, but he doesn't. He feels like a completely different character. His recovery is not nearly as good, and all the best moves from Brawl Wario were replaced. Down air is now a ground pound instead of the shield killer drill, and forward smash is weaker, slower, and no longer has super armor. They also smoothed out some of his animations while not smoothing others, making him even more inconsistent. It's fine if you want a Wario Land Wario, but at least go the extra mile and adjust all of his animations to match. The only changes to the character I liked were the coins added to his pummel and changing his down smash, but that's only because Wario's down smash in Brawl was so awful.

and they made it harder to select white Wario by making me press the button 5 times as opposed to 1. Who does that?
Well, I prefer Wario Land Wario far more than " Sakurai's Wario ". Nerfing his recovery is better, it's more logical than spawnning a bike out of nowhere and jumping out of it. He looks overall more normal and likeable than the official one in Smash games. But that's only my opinion, nothing else.

Omega Mode for some stages is fine (Flat Zone for example) but some stages didn't need it at all. Yoshi's Island Brawl for example.
For other stages a stage hazard toggle would have been the better option. Magicant, Pyrosphere and Wily's Castle for example.
Omega Battlefield is the biggest middle finger of them all. Sakurai, please, we know that when Nintendo discovered the internet, it started to put them everywhere, but please, don't make them a reality when they're lame, especially the ":foxmelee: only, FD" one. Geez.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True, but honestly the omega form skins are kind of lame, all it does is make Final Destination irrelevant as a stage.. I wish we just had a stage hazard toggle, but Sakurai is stubborn.
He wants to be original. -_- People don't mind the hazard toggles. Just throw it in. It's not a big deal. People will still play with hazards and very much enjoy it and the crazy shout outs/etc. from characters. It's fun.

Magicant, and Pyrosphere for example.
Fixed. Seriously, Yellow Devil is not anywhere near that powerful. He's overrated. Flying Men deserve the hate. I haven't played the Pyrosphere, but I don't mind making Ridley my *****. I can't say it's not intrusive since it had tons of enemies anyway.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Fixed. Seriously, Yellow Devil is not anywhere near that powerful. He's overrated. Flying Men deserve the hate. I haven't played the Pyrosphere, but I don't mind making Ridley my *****. I can't say it's not intrusive since it had tons of enemies anyway.
I hate Yellow Devil with a burning passions of 1000 suns after playing Yellow Devils on Hard. Jeez, even after beating it, I was still frustrated for an hour.

D

Deleted member

Well, I prefer Wario Land Wario far more than " Sakurai's Wario ". Nerfing his recovery is better, it's more logical than spawnning a bike out of nowhere and jumping out of it. He looks overall more normal and likeable than the official one in Smash games. But that's only my opinion, nothing else.
I think half the reason I hate PM Wario is because I played Wario in Brawl and his playstyle is completely different in PM. I didn't really like Wario too much until I played him, and then I started to like him because of how ridiculous he was. A typical recovery for Wario is probably the stupidest thing ever; Double Jump -> Fart to gain altitude -> Pull bike out of nowhere and jump off of it -> spin through the air. To be fair though, he's not as different as PM R.O.B. At least Wario still has to be unpredictable, he just does so in a completely different way. R.O.B. went from a defensive character to a rushdown character. Why must you change every single character I play gaiz?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I love PM Wario (he's my main), as he's much closer to how I envisioned him in play. None of those goofy movements and the brute force feels good. What I do dislike about him is that they removed the iconic bike, and kept the Chomp.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hate Yellow Devil with a burning passions of 1000 suns after playing Yellow Devils on Hard. Jeez, even after beating it, I was still frustrated for an hour.
Some event match? I'm talking about the regular Stage Hazard. Event matches are different of course. I never played that one, so... and it wouldn't much affect how I view the normal stage version. It just makes me shrug and feels like the least intrustive stage hazards(that uses a character for it) in among most stages. It's the only one you can take slight advantage of and feels like it entirely promotes real skill.

D

Deleted member

I love PM Wario (he's my main), as he's much closer to how I envisioned him in play. None of those goofy movements and the brute force feels good. What I do dislike about him is that they removed the iconic bike, and kept the Chomp.
I'm just trying to imagine if they had made his bike neutral special or the shoulder tackle neutral special or something.

Jump->Fart->Bike->Shoulder wall bounce->Up Special

Considering they sped up the charge time for the fart, he'd be unbeatable.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've always hated Yellow Devil.

Being a hard boss is one thing, but looking flat out weird is another. Just another reason I'm glad that Mega Man is third party.

D

Deleted member

Being a hard boss is one thing, but looking flat out weird is another. Just another reason I'm glad that Mega Man is third party.
Yellow Devil looks flat out weird?

OK then.

D

Deleted member

I at first thought it would look like a Yellow Megatron, but nope.
Generally speaking, even in the world of Nintendo, there are bosses that look far more strange than the Yellow Devil. What kinds of games have you been playing?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Same here. Though I never liked the Bike anyway. It's a pretty weird way to recover, and really, is pretty cheap sometimes. You use your bike, double jump out of it and you can even UpB. I'm sorry, but even for Wario, that's pretty cheap.
The chomp, meh, it's okay to have it. At least I remember where it came from : Wario World. Yeah, Sakurai loves putting Wario World moves, but hates the ones from Wario Land. Why ? I don't know, his visions of characters are weird. Sometimes they work (:4dedede:, :4pit:, :4greninja: ect...), sometimes they fail (:4wario:, :4shulk:, :4bowser: ect...). It's either in personality or moveset that he fails to represent well some characters. But that's only my opinion, especially for Bowser.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Some event match? I'm talking about the regular Stage Hazard. Event matches are different of course. I never played that one, so... and it wouldn't much affect how I view the normal stage version. It just makes me shrug and feels like the least intrustive stage hazards(that uses a character for it) in among most stages. It's the only one you can take slight advantage of and feels like it entirely promotes real skill.
True, true. And I always manage to right jump in him just when he's switching places. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Give an example of something you don't find weird, to help us compare.

Strofirko

Smash Master
So instead to join the bandwagon of the "Y no stage hazard switch edition 2015".
I will say that is very hard to think about how miyamoto is our only hope about the starfox franchise finally establishes itself on the gaming industry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom