• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Time to watch some "Drunk FB statues: New Year's edition"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
People really are sore losers on For Glory aren't they? Fought a dude who used Fox, WFT, and Mr. Game & Watch. I might have been able to beat his Mr. G&W, but I SD'd by being too greedy off-stage. After losing like 5-8 more rounds, I beat his WFT and he promptly left.

Eh, I'll give him the benefit of doubt and just assume he needed sleep. Guy was good though, except I have no idea how I beat his Fox with Luigi on the first round. MU unfamiliarity? Or was it because I was a new opponent? I ended up switching to Falco seeing as this guy was serious and not a dirtbag spammer or tryhard.

It's been a while since I had a respectable challenge. I'm not good, but there are those opponents that make you feel like you're being tested, y'know? It wasn't like fighting a spammer, try hard, or a new MU because you're practicing with another character. Just a good ol' fight. Dude's name was Jimi and he had "ech" as his saying - probably a reference to JonTron.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When you're still hungry after eating a lot. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME I'M SLEEPY AND HUNGRY NOW. I NEED FOODZ. I'M REALLY CRAVING FRENCH FRIES RIGHT NOW. *Dan is dying of hunger*

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Happy New Year everyone.

At first I was thinking "It's 3:30 a.m., why am I still up?" But then I thought "Oh yeah, it's New Years...*voluntary* sleep doesn't happen until the 2nd".

R0Y

Smash Master
Blimps. as in the plural. Melons, perhaps?

I've never heard of calling someone a blimp within that context.

But no, she definitely doesn't need to be thinner.
Or more than one woman, perhaps?

Not gonna bother searching urban dictionary for that, but sounds extremely obscure.

Huh?

D

Deleted member

*Dan is just watching this conversation about body figures*

*covers eyes* IS IT SAFE TO UNCOVER MY EYES? /.\

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Or more than one woman, perhaps?
Again, I've never heard of calling a... large person a blimp.

[collapse=]What I meant was that she had two blimps on her chest.

Blimps = Huge boobs.[/collapse]
Not gonna bother searching urban dictionary for that, but sounds extremely obscure.
I'll just take a note from you:

Huh?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Good morning la-
*See what happened*

Nah.

D

Deleted member

So, im just gonna say this cause im bored:......I got Smash Wii U for Christmas...but no Wii U...LIKE I SERIOUSLY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT MY PARENTS WERE THINKING. #ParentLogic. Now sometimes I just...stare at the game........someday i'll play it...............someday...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, im just gonna say this cause im bored:......I got Smash Wii U for Christmas...but no Wii U...LIKE I SERIOUSLY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT MY PARENTS WERE THINKING. #ParentLogic. Now sometimes I just...stare at the game........someday i'll play it...............someday...
Well, I've had similar situations before. I was able to get the Wii TP, but no Wii. Of course, the GC version wasn't out yet. -_-

However, I did choose to pick up Sonic 06 before getting a 360. No regrets among those 3 games I mentioned.

D

Deleted member

Well, I've had similar situations before. I was able to get the Wii TP, but no Wii. Of course, the GC version wasn't out yet. -_-

However, I did choose to pick up Sonic 06 before getting a 360. No regrets among those 3 games I mentioned.
I just...I WANNA PLAY SMASH WII U...................IT'S JUST SITTING THERE..................I NEEEEEEEEEEED IT *insert Spongebob "I NEED IT" gif here*

R0Y

Smash Master
Bart: Hello family.
Marge: Where have you been young man, it's nearly bed time.
Bart: I was… I was…
(Bob appears in a thought bubble)
Sideshow Bob: If anyone asks…you were at the flower shop.
Bart: I was at the flower shop.
Homer: Oh yeah, uh…I was at the flower shop too. Yep. Getting drunk at the ol' flower shop.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just...I WANNA PLAY SMASH WII U...................IT'S JUST SITTING THERE..................I NEEEEEEEEEEED IT *insert Spongebob "I NEED IT" gif here*
I may be the only one waiting to play it. I want a GCN Controller for some parts. >_<

> Sonic Unleashed
> Only Sonic game I wish I never picked up(Wii version may be more tolerable than the Xbox 360 one, though).

I could've liked it if the Tails sections weren't beyond trash, like, every part of 06 I played was way more fun. I do admit I didn't face the final level since I teamed up with my nephew on 06. But that's because I sucked at the Mach Speed sections. Still more fun, regardless. I can deal with moving to win, not pressing a button perfectly or die. Far more aggravating. -_- That, and after the Mach Speed sections, going into Day Stages that have a pretty big lack of control(they control better than Mach Speed, but not enough to actually enjoy them heavily), and less notes on reflexes and just mashing your "Shield" to rip through enemies was boring as hell. Werehog was significantly better, but his platforming ability was really hard to get the hang of(no pun intended), and he hit as hard as Roll in Marvel VS Capcom 1, ironically, since he's the "physical attacker" in that game. Thankfully Colors and Generations got Sonic back on track overall, with better level design, more fun overall areas, and less emphases on hyper speed. I don't mind speed, to a degree. See Sonic CD and the original Trilogy for how it can be done while still letting slower platforming work well. That said, 06 did not have a good mix of speed for Sonic either. Shadow, however, felt pretty balanced speed-wise. Silver was slow, but it's justified since he has an entirely diffeent playstyle. I wish his speed boost Gem was available, though.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So Arin hates classic Sonic games because they made him go slow that one time in Sonic 1. Is it just me or does he have huge problems with patience? Also Dan sounds dead inside in some of the newest episodes.

I dunno sometimes I just get bored and check what they are up to, and see tons of unfinished series that poped up in the mean time.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So Arin hates classic Sonic games because they made him go slow that one time in Sonic 1. Is it just me or does he have huge problems with patience? Also Dan sounds dead inside in some of the newest episodes.

I dunno sometimes I just get bored and check what they are up to, and see tons of unfinished series that poped up in the mean time.
Game Grumps now is pretty much Arin complaining and doing sex jokes all the time with Danny being embarrassed. Seriously, Dan needs to get out of the Grumps like Jon did. Game Grumps is just a trap that look funny at first, but then suck you in a loop that you can't get out, unless you need to go out far away, like Jon did.
Game Grumps is a zombie : half alive, half dead. And it's not Arin who's going to save it, since he can't even save his own animations because "Hardwork takes too much time".

Anyway, making a VGC 2015 team right now. I'm making a team based on M-Lopunny. So far, the team is composed of :
- Defensive Thundurus
- M-Lopunny
- Cresselia (Defensive, like any Cresselia)
- Scarf Landorus-T
- Aegislash (On the Special attack side)
- Azumarill
It works pretty well, especially the duo Lando-Thundurus. Though I need to change some stuff in it, like any VGC team. But it works well so far.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

The Grumps are a dying breed, indeed.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830

Are you talking about the recent Sonic Boom episodes? If so they explained in one of the recent ones that they were starting recording really late (2 AMish) and they usually play enough for 4-5 episodes in one sitting, So he's still hella tired I'm thinking.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Game Grumps now is pretty much Arin complaining and doing sex jokes all the time with Danny being embarrassed. Seriously, Dan needs to get out of the Grumps like Jon did. Game Grumps is just a trap that look funny at first, but then suck you in a loop that you can't get out, unless you need to go out far away, like Jon did.
Game Grumps is a zombie : half alive, half dead. And it's not Arin who's going to save it, since he can't even save his own animations because "Hardwork takes too much time".
I sometimes wonder how an internet show like that with Jon and Dan would look like. Or better: Jon and PBG. Ever since the beginning of Grumps I always wondered why Jon didnt partner up with PBG instead. I mean sure they do Minecraft together sometimes, but Im talking about only them, playing different games regularly. It would actually be interesting to see them talk about Zelda, since both are in the disagreement about Skyward Sword.

Are you talking about the recent Sonic Boom episodes? If so they explained in one of the recent ones that they were starting recording really late (2 AMish) and they usually play enough for 4-5 episodes in one sitting, So he's still hella tired I'm thinking.
Actually, We love Katamari. So I might have missed that.

Last edited:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
I will say that I feel like Arin has really gotten lazy with the show.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I sometimes wonder how an internet show like that with Jon and Dan would look like. Or better: Jon and PBG. Ever since the beginning of Grumps I always wondered why Jon didnt partner up with PBG instead. I mean sure they do Minecraft together sometimes, but Im talking about only them, playing different games regularly. It would actually be interesting to see them talk about Zelda, since both are in the disagreement about Skyward Sword.
Jon at the time was a big fan of Arin's work and humour, so doing a show with him was like a dream.
But it could have been something else, like Arin teaming up with El Cid, an other animator, or even Ross (wich he does now, but not in a honnest way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom