• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That moment when you change the Air, Oil and Gas filters and the spark plugs and the car vibrates a lot when driving it

D

Deleted member

Castlevania: LoS? I liked it too, but I never played any of the older Castlevanias, so I can't say much. I know the gameplay's not like previous Castlevanias even the older 3D ones.
Yes, as someone who has played previous Castlevania games, I can tell you that LoS's gamplay is drastically different, and that's the aspect that received the most criticism from longtime fans (at least from what I've read on various forums and comment sections). It doesn't help that the game is a reboot to the series rather than a spin-off or its own franchise entirely. In my opinion, it's a solid game as long as you don't treat it as a Castlevania game.

I have yet to play the sequel (aside from the demo), but I've heard fans of the first Lords of Shadow claim it isn't as good. It's also worth noting that LoS2 concluded the LoS saga and that it supposedly sold poorly compared to LoS1 (the best-selling Castlevania game of all time), so I have no idea what the future of the series is at this point. All I know is that former Castlevania series producer Koji Igarashi left Konami last year for the purpose of creating his own spiritual successor to the 2D iterations, but who knows when that game will be officially announced?

As for the older games, I'm sure most longtime fans will recommend the titles listed below, none of which I can argue against.
  • Super Castlevania IV (originally released on SNES, also on both Wii and Wii U eShops) - This is one of the easier entries in the series, but the level design and soundtrack are both superb.
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (originally released on TurboGrafx-CD in Japan only, remade on PSP and released worldwide as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles with the original version included as an unlockable bonus game, original version also available worldwide on Wii Virtual Console) - This is a challenging game, but it's the fair kind of hard. The music in both the original version and the remake is also fantastic.
  • Castlevania Bloodlines (a rare and somewhat pricey Sega Genesis exclusive) - I haven't played this one myself, but I'd like to one day.
  • Castlevania: Symphony of The Night (originally released on PS1, also on PSN and XBLA, also an unlockable bonus game in The Dracula X Chronicles with minor enhancements) - SotN served as a major turning point in the series, introducing Metroid-style exploration. Again, it's a great game with great music.
  • The GBA/DS games (The GBA trilogy is also on Wii U Virtual Console while the three DS games should cost you around $20 each.) - These games follow SotN's footsteps while adding their own unique gameplay twists to the table.
  • Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (a WiiWare exclusive) - This digital release was one of the last Castlevania games released before the reboot. The gameplay style is a return to basics, resembling the pre-SotN games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well I'm going to bed
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 hope you accept my apology.
you do, cool, you dont, also cool. continue to hate me if you want

Good night
You seem to have not read my previous post....I un ignored you temporarilly for you to start a pm and if you don`t, I will not remotely think about changing.....I need to talk to you in ptivate because there`s just way too much to say....

Unless you actually already had me on ignore when I quoted you and tagged you.....

In which case, you`re not reaidng this meaning I would just refyse outright after a while because I would realise it....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You seem to have not read my previous post....I un ignored you temporarilly for you to start a pm and if you don`t, I will not remotely think about changing.....I need to talk to you in ptivate because there`s just way too much to say....

Unless you actually already had me on ignore when I quoted you and tagged you.....

In which case, you`re not reaidng this meaning I would just refyse outright after a while because I would realise it....
As sorry yeah, I passed out and didnt see it
just send the pm and I'll answer before bed

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yes, as someone who has played previous Castlevania games, I can tell you that LoS's gamplay is drastically different, and that's the aspect that received the most criticism from longtime fans (at least from what I've read on various forums and comment sections). It doesn't help that the game is a reboot to the series rather than a spin-off or its own franchise entirely. In my opinion, it's a solid game as long as you don't treat it as a Castlevania game.

I have yet to play the sequel (aside from the demo), but I've heard fans of the first Lords of Shadow claim it isn't as good. It's also worth noting that LoS2 concluded the LoS saga and that it supposedly sold poorly compared to LoS1 (the best-selling Castlevania game of all time), so I have no idea what the future of the series is at this point. All I know is that former Castlevania series producer Koji Igarashi left Konami last year for the purpose of creating his own spiritual successor to the 2D iterations, but who knows when that game will be officially announced?

As for the older games, I'm sure most longtime fans will recommend the titles listed below, none of which I can argue against.
  • Super Castlevania IV (originally released on SNES, also on both Wii and Wii U eShops) - This is one of the easier entries in the series, but the level design and soundtrack are both superb.
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (originally released on TurboGrafx-CD in Japan only, remade on PSP and released worldwide as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles with the original version included as an unlockable bonus game, original version also available worldwide on Wii Virtual Console) - This is a challenging game, but it's the fair kind of hard. The music in both the original version and the remake is also fantastic.
  • Castlevania Bloodlines (a rare and somewhat pricey Sega Genesis exclusive) - I haven't played this one myself, but I'd like to one day.
  • Castlevania: Symphony of The Night (originally released on PS1, also on PSN and XBLA, also an unlockable bonus game in The Dracula X Chronicles with minor enhancements) - SotN served as a major turning point in the series, introducing Metroid-style exploration. Again, it's a great game with great music.
  • The GBA/DS games (The GBA trilogy is also on Wii U Virtual Console while the three DS games should cost you around $20 each.) - These games follow SotN's footsteps while adding their own unique gameplay twists to the table.
  • Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (a WiiWare exclusive) - This digital release was one of the last Castlevania games released before the reboot. The gameplay style is a return to basics, resembling the pre-SotN games.
Super Castlevania IV is easily one of my fav games of all time, the Mode 7 and the epic music made this game
I really hope IGA or some smart mind decides to revive the series with the rescpect it deserves.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This thread will stay open until it glitches out... or in other words: when MissingNo gets summoned...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
omg, YOU BLOCKED THAT FEATURE!!!!

geez, this is the THIRD time I`m telling you......

Which is why I had to use this thread....

urg.....
No I didnt... O,o
It isnt blocked now though- OOOOH oh that yeah sorry hold up.

Sorry about that, I did that because of previous reason with someone else

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I feel like I missed something that's none of my business.

Eh. Think I'll live. Hope it works out though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
JESUS CHRIST CALM DOWN AND END THIS **** ALREADY (ironnnyyyyyyy.....)
SMHWTF
It was my mistake. I had it on people I follow only because I was trying to block a weirdo, I forgot that option even exsisted.

Hope I get whatever he is sending soon because I have class tomorrow and would like to just get this out of the way tonight
I feel like I missed something that's none of my business.

Eh. Think I'll live. Hope it works out though.
"Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters."

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
isnt Charizard 'M the most feared? I man, that is what messed TPP up:4villagerf:
Yep Charizard 'M and the <glitch graphics> M' <glitch graphics> variations of MissingNo are the most feared ones along with ZZAZZ Glitch because the game data gets badly wrecked after appearing.
TPP should feel lucky because their save file got restored during all the Battle Tent incidents
:055:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yep Charizard 'M and the <glitch graphics> M' <glitch graphics> variations of MissingNo are the most feared ones along with ZZAZZ Glitch because the game data gets badly wrecked after appearing.
TPP should feel lucky because their save file got restored during all the Battle Tent incidents
:055:
Thank you based Streamer
...at least it's Queen in my head this time.
Welp, time to go listen to that song now

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I deposited my last Master Ball on the PC (my Rayquaza now holds it) to prevent using it and focus on more strats to prevent suicidal shinies... I may regret that decision lol

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, suddenly Im sleepy
See you in 5.0... I hope I don't miss this time

Here's the best RKO ever

Goodnight Everybody!

Soul.

I just stopped reading the page count. Someone pls help

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So are we ever going to get news on

???

I need my daily nightmare fuel.

But seriously, any updates on that Pokemon Detective game would be nice soon.

Soul.

So are we ever going to get news on

???

I need my daily nightmare fuel.

But seriously, any updates on that Pokemon Detective game would be nice soon.
lmao
That game is supposed to come this year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom