• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This "you guys are plebs" joke has gotten old too fast.

No wonder the Staff wants to end this thread. So much pointless spam...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
This "you guys are plebs" joke has gotten old too fast.

No wonder the Staff wants to end this thread. So much pointless spam...
But if they did, where would I go? Where could I talk about pointless stuff unrelated to Smash and make stupid memes?

No but seriously this place has trully died down in activity a lot, lots of regulars dont show up anymore, sad times.

SwordDude

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused of how they play smash 3ds competitively. Do they mod the 3ds's or something?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But if they did, where would I go? Where could I talk about pointless stuff unrelated to Smash and make stupid memes?
The Social thread never was to make stupid memes.

One thing is off-topic talk, which is tolerable in this place. You can talk about other subjects besides Smash here, even though Smash 4 discussion is encouraged here. This was never the problem in the first place.

The problem is spam posts, gif spam, image-only posts and other such things that add nothing to any discussion whatsoever.

Long story short: Off-topic? Yes, no problem. Pointless spam? No.

Think of it as a lounge in a work place and you are with your co-workers: you can talk about your work, but you can also just hang out. But you shouldn't be annoying other people and act like you can do whatever you want.

No but seriously this place has trully died down in activity a lot, lots of regulars dont show up anymore, sad times.
Gee, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

this is just an small spam party.
The very thing wrong with this thread.

Sorry for the rants, but even I am getting tired of coming to this thread and, while the thread is active, there's often nothing being discussed and it's just unfunny jokes, one-liners, gifs and overall pointless spam. Things weren't like that.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The Social thread never was to make stupid memes.

One thing is off-topic talk, which is tolerable in this place. You can talk about other subjects besides Smash here, even though Smash 4 discussion is encouraged here. This was never the problem in the first place.

The problem is spam posts, gif spam, image-only posts and other such things that add nothing to any discussion whatsoever.

Long story short: Off-topic? Yes, no problem. Pointless spam? No.

Think of it as a lounge in a work place and you are with your co-workers: you can talk about your work, but you can also just hang out. But you shouldn't be annoying other people and act like you can do whatever you want.

Gee, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

The very thing wrong with this thread.

Sorry for the rants, but even I am getting tired of coming to this thread and, while the thread is active, there's often nothing being discussed and it's just unfunny jokes, one-liners, gifs and overall pointless spam. Things weren't like that.
Pretty much, I agree.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The thread was designated to off-topic talk so that the old Roster Discussion thread could stay on topic. After Mario & Sonic Guy chewed us out, this became more of a general gaming thread.

Not fond of the Gif fest that cropped up later, though I'm partly responsible for it (especially the cute gif spam.) I don't mind the jokes being made, as they have brightened many of my bad days, but pointless gifs and one liners have taken their toll.

:231:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm partly responsible (maybe I started it all?) for the Gif and image spam in 3.0. At one point I went too far and couldn't stop. I apologize for that again.

And how's Xenoblade? I've been thinking of buying the N3DS port that releases next week in Europe.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This thread needs some fresh new Shrek jokes.
You know something? When I was a junior in high school, I was actually in a Shrek play. I auditioned for the role of Lord Farquard's guard captain, but they put me in as Shrek because I was taller than they wanted for the guard captain.

Damn, just wearing all that makeup and putting on that "fat suit" or whatever you call it made me feel like a monster.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I'm partly responsible (maybe I started it all?) for the Gif and image spam in 3.0. At one point I went too far and couldn't stop. I apologize for that again.

And how's Xenoblade? I've been thinking of buying the N3DS port that releases next week in Europe.
You mean how is it as you've never played it? If that's the case, I'd say go for it. I couldn't rate it any higher, still have the Wii game and I'm not going to hesitate in buying it again.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You mean how is it as you've never played it? If that's the case, I'd say go for it. I couldn't rate it any higher, still have the Wii game and I'm not going to hesitate in buying it again.
Yeah, never played it because I'm not really a fan of home console singleplayer games. I see the home console mainly as a multiplayer games console. But great, thanks!

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Decided to play through Pokémon X for no reason.
Rage Quit because the Professor spoke French, when I chose English settings.
Well, at least it gives me a break from Smash for a while (seriously, RNG is evil).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom