• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
(Cochran and Sakurai have one thing in common.)
Sakurai was on Survivor?
Daaaaamn, Sakurai has the strats.

Maybe Ganondorf is a representation of his experiences.
Maybe he got attacked by a Giant Demon Pig-Man Wrestler while having a stroll in the forest. :4ganondorf:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I still hope Nintendo decides to change the Splatoon box art to this:

It's nothing short of a perfect opportunity.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Sakurai was on Survivor?
Daaaaamn, Sakurai has the strats.

Maybe Ganondorf is a representation of his experiences.
Maybe he got attacked by a Giant Demon Pig-Man Wrestler while having a stroll in the forest. :4ganondorf:
If he was, then would he be addressed the same way as most of the contestants or the same "Cochran" lineage (you know, the guy who said "Please call me Cochran because of Donaldson/Penner/Mariano"?)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just hope when I move down to Texas for college next year I don't have any professors who sound like him.

While we're on the subject, Big Macintosh can get pretty scary.

" We dont wanna talk to any of yall right now"
Hearing Big Mac say that hurts so bad

Last edited:

Soul.

guys i want inkling for smash they would be like the mii gunner!
lots of projectiles!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wow, that comment in the Mishonh From God sequel was quite the story, better than the fanfic itself :troll:

But I've still seen worse. On FFnet, I'm sure I've mentioned, there's this guy who writes fetish fics of bodily functions. Farts, burps, poops, you name it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LINK THOSE.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fan fics never tend to be good, considering the sort of people who usually are into that sort of stuff.

There are creative and well done fan fics, but the bad ones really overshadow the good ones, methinks.

D

Deleted member

His Final Smash being his trademark ability.. but this time, it's different. He now asks you if you need tips / help on defeating your opponent! If you select the most viable answer, he'll defeat the opponent automatically! It's called Clippit Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh, it's fan fiction talk ?
Well I don't like fan fictions. Technically, the only I'm doing is "Nichijou : Ordinary Attorney". But I'm not going to be the idiot who won't follow the canon material and will destroy the entire universe I like.
I'm actually trying to make it good, not just making stupid stuff like this :

And that's not really weird compared to other "fanfics".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fan fics never tend to be good, considering the sort of people who usually are into that sort of stuff.

There are creative and well done fan fics, but the bad ones really overshadow the good ones, methinks.
Sturgeon's law (90% of everything is crap). This is true about everything fan-made thing, actually. Fan-art, Fan games, Fan Fiction, etc.

:231:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, I write fan fics, and not the dumb kind. Some of it may be ship-centered (whether it's het, yaoi or yuri) but it sticks to canon (even when the pairing isn't) and never ruins the universe, so to speak.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Wow, that comment in the Mishonh From God sequel was quite the story, better than the fanfic itself :troll:

But I've still seen worse. On FFnet, I'm sure I've mentioned, there's this guy who writes fetish fics of bodily functions. Farts, burps, poops, you name it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LINK THOSE.
*googles because somehow curious*
*finds one*

O-oh... Well, that was... awkward...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just finished watching all of SAO. I have to say, I have no idea why you guys bash it so much, as it's pretty good.
SAO is mediocre. It's not as bad as some people like so say, but it's nowhere near as anything good either.

I've watched it and it was nothing special. Not terrible, but not something fantastic either, as the plot has glaring issues. Had a good soundtrack, though.

It was among the first anime I've watched, so I'm saying this in retrospect, as I've watched far better anime than SAO. Better stories, better premises and such.

Things I didn't like about SAO and are common complaints:
- The story presents a premise that quickly is broken. In the first few episodes, you get the feeling of a grandiose story as the players find themselves stuck in an unusual situation and must find their way to survive, but it devolves into a half-assed romantic story between Kirito and Asuna.
- When it picks up the original premise, it's to break it even further. The first arc's ending is horrible storytelling in all its glory. Kirito is killed in-game. Well, according to the premise, he would die on the spot, right? Nope, cue bull**** and Kirito becoming a god-mode Sue.
- The second arc having nothing to do with the original premise. Half-assed romance story: part 2 as Kirito must save Asuna. The finale pulls off some more bull**** because lol, Kirito is God-mode incarnate.

Shorter version: the story is hardly consistent and any premises and building it does is easily ignored a few episodes later. SAO is not an example of good storytelling.

A damn shame, as it had a load of potential.

Meanwhile, there are better anime that tell consistent stories that keep the initial premise and themes from the beginning to the end, with more credible character development. FMA Brotherhood, Death Note and Parasyte come to mind.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I write fan fics, and not the dumb kind. Some of it may be ship-centered (whether it's het, yaoi or yuri) but it sticks to canon (even when the pairing isn't) and never ruins the universe, so to speak.
I hate shipping, unless it's canon. Fan ones that don't follow the canon however, I just don't tolerate them. If you want to make a fan fiction about a thing you like, respect it by not adding weird stuff in it.
For example, for my crossover between Ace Attorney and Nichijou, I'm fixing some rules that I need to respect. Most of the cases won't be murders, they'll only be accidents. I think I can only allow 2 murders, the first one in the first case (wich is a play, so it never happened) and the second that I'm keeping secret (easy to find for the ones who watched Nichijou).

But yeah, good fan stuff follow the canon. That's when you know it's good.
And remember, if you write something bad, the characters feel it...

Poor Pac-Man. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
SAO is mediocre. It's not as bad as some people like so say, but it's nowhere near as anything good either.

I've watched it and it was nothing special. Not terrible, but not something fantastic either, as the plot has glaring issues. Had a good soundtrack, though.

It was among the first anime I've watched, so I'm saying this in retrospect, as I've watched far better anime than SAO. Better stories, better premises and such.

- The story presents a premise that quickly is broken. In the first few episodes, you get the feeling of a grandiose story as the players find themselves stuck in an unusual situation and must find their way to survive, but it devolves into a half-***** romantic story between Kirito and Asuna.
- When it picks up the original premise, it's to break it even further. The first arc's ending is horrible storytelling in all its glory. Kirito is killed in-game. Well, according to the premise, he would die on the spot, right? Nope, cue bull**** and Kirito becoming a god-mode Sue.
- The second arc having nothing to do with the original premise. Half-***** romance story: part 2 as Kirito must save Asuna. The finale pulls off some more bull**** because lol, Kirito is God-mode incarnate.

Shorter version: the story is hardly consistent and any premises and building it does is easily ignored a few episodes later. SAO is not an example of good storytelling.

Meanwhile, there are better anime that tell consistent stories that keep the initial premise and themes from the beginning to the end, with more credible character development. FMA Brotherhood, Death Note and Parasyte come to mind.
Oh no, I know it's not the greatest thing in existence, as I've also watched plenty of way better animes and read better mangas, but the way I hear it over here, it's the worst thing in existence.

I actually kind of liked it when Asuna and Kirito became a couple, though. Especially parts with Yui...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

- The story presents a premise that quickly is broken. In the first few episodes, you get the feeling of a grandiose story as the players find themselves stuck in an unusual situation and must find their way to survive, but it devolves into a half-***** romantic story between Kirito and Asuna.
- The second arc having nothing to do with the original premise. Half-***** romance story: part 2 as Kirito must save Asuna. The finale pulls off some more bull**** because lol, Kirito is God-mode incarnate.

Sounds like you did watch it till the end. :p Why?

As for me, I stopped watching it as soon I found where the plot was going. Either you do a plot well (FMA, Death Note, Evangelion), or don't do it at all (Lucky Star, Squid Girl).

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

My sides, my ****ing sides! This is one of the best things I've ever seen given how controversial of a character Candy Kong was to the DK fanbase. :laugh:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've seen one episode of SAO. It was the last episode in an arc or something. I didn't think it was any good.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I hate shipping, unless it's canon. Fan ones that don't follow the canon however, I just don't tolerate them. If you want to make a fan fiction about a thing you like, respect it by not adding weird stuff in it.
For example, for my crossover between Ace Attorney and Nichijou, I'm fixing some rules that I need to respect. Most of the cases won't be murders, they'll only be accidents. I think I can only allow 2 murders, the first one in the first case (wich is a play, so it never happened) and the second that I'm keeping secret (easy to find for the ones who watched Nichijou).

But yeah, good fan stuff follow the canon. That's when you know it's good.
And remember, if you write something bad, the characters feel it...

Poor Pac-Man. :4pacman:
Speaking of shipping...

but yeah, some people get a bit too crazy with their ship that ship wars become a thing :c I was even caught up in one and harassed because of it

Whoops, found out the thing doesn't start at its start point. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom