• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I did one awesome comeback with my Scarf Milotic on Pokemon today.

This is why I prefer VGC instead of 1V1 Smogon battles.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just checked the company DeNA (the one teaming up with Nintendo for their mobile plans) on the Google Play store. Didn't like what I saw in terms of game selection. Every single one was free-to-play and the type of games weren't my cup of tea.

Hope good old' Nintendy will fix these flaws when the time comes.

Soul.

I did one awesome comeback with my Scarf Milotic on Pokemon today.

This is why I prefer VGC instead of 1V1 Smogon battles.
I'd say both are good. Pokémon is all about strategy, predictions and luck.
Does your Milotic have Competitive as its Ability?

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'd say both are good. Pokémon is all about strategy, predictions and luck.
Does your Milotic have Competitive as its Ability?
Yeah, and like an idiot, I forgot Hitmontop has intimidate. I wasn't afraid of Salamence since my Thundurus is made to counter it. But I f***** up so bad in this match. Thank god Milotic was there to clean up everything with ice beams.
Suddenly, Milotic is going higher in my favorite Pokemon list.

Soul.

I wonder how Sakurai feels about Kojima right now.
"Kojima is leaving Konami?"
"Guess I'll give him the favor."
*Adds Snake*
Le salt.
C' est magnifique.
Little Mac is that one character you use when you really want to destroy your opponent.
Yeah, and like an idiot, I forgot Hitmontop has intimidate. I wasn't afraid of Salamence since my Thundurus is made to counter it. But I f***** up so bad in this match. Thank god Milotic was there to clean up everything with ice beams.
Suddenly, Milotic is going higher in my favorite Pokemon list.
lol, interesting. Milotic also has Scald which lets you fish for burns against things like Bisharp. Bisharp is really annoying on VGC.
I haven't seen anyone use Hitmontop lately. Maybe if Fighting Gem was released....

_gold_

Smash Master
Sorry for the Smash related topic:
Anyways, so I'm having lunch with my brother at a restaurant. He's watching March Madness while I'm watching an old Armada vs. Mango match on my phone. So I try and interrupt his focus from the TV by asking him:
Me: "Should I try and main Zelda?"
Brother: "No. Why?"
Me: "She has potential. She has really good tippers."
Brother: "Wait, Zelda isn't a she. He's a guy."

I never would've guessed. My own brother.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
lol, interesting. Milotic also has Scald which lets you fish for burns against things like Bisharp. Bisharp is really annoying on VGC.
I haven't seen anyone use Hitmontop lately. Maybe if Fighting Gem was released....
It has Scald, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse.
Yes, I have 2 water type moves, but since I'm scarfed, it doesn't matter. Dragon Pulse is here for damagin water types, just in case.
But yeah, the team I made right now works well. I got some help from Nugget Bridge users, and I'm updating the thread of my team right now. It's good to have opinions of others to build teams.
Hitmontop is obscure now, but it can work really well, like you see there. It's at least better than weird stuff that I see on Showdown sometimes.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Anyways, so I'm having lunch with my brother at a restaurant. He's watching March Madness while I'm watching an old Armada vs. Mango match on my phone. So I try and interrupt his focus from the TV by asking him:

Ah, the classic 'Link is Zelda' thought. I used to think that as well and I was really surprised the first time I played Melee Link was called Link.
Now tell him Metroid is a woman. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got confused by Sheik perhaps. :troll:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Disown him. :4luigi:
Then kill him. :4villager:

Soul.

It has Scald, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse.
Yes, I have 2 water type moves, but since I'm scarfed, it doesn't matter. Dragon Pulse is here for damagin water types, just in case.
But yeah, the team I made right now works well. I got some help from Nugget Bridge users, and I'm updating the thread of my team right now. It's good to have opinions of others to build teams.
Hitmontop is obscure now, but it can work really well, like you see there. It's at least better than weird stuff that I see on Showdown sometimes.
Well to be honest I'd replace Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse with Recover and Protect, respectively. You don't really gain anything with Hydro Pump other than a stronger STAB; Dragon Pulse isn't needed. Water/Ice is pretty good coverage on VGC, and since Milotic is a bulky offensive Pokémon (at least in Gen 6 because Competitive), Recover is fits very well.
Protect is a VGC staple so yeah.
wow much hoo hah. very good. much diddy.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Well, you know what to do

Execute.png

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Le salt.
C' est magnifique.
salt = sel, see you after classe.

Actually, there's some expression in French Quebec that has the same meaning but not based around salt.

The msot sommon one is one that is based on the word "frustrated" and in Fench, it litterally means "frustré".

The syntaxically correct sentence would be like "la frustration", but i often see in Quebec language stuff like "il est fru" instead of "il est frustré" which litterally means "he is frustrated".

But unfortunately, saying "le fru" just doesn't make any sense.

D

Deleted member

Well to be honest I'd replace Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse with Recover and Protect, respectively. You don't really gain anything with Hydro Pump other than a stronger STAB; Dragon Pulse isn't needed. Water/Ice is pretty good coverage on VGC, and since Milotic is a bulky offensive Pokémon (at least in Gen 6 because Competitive), Recover is fits very well.
Protect is a VGC staple so yeah.

wow much hoo hah. very good. much diddy.
:4diddy: is unbeatable. He will reign supreme!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
TPP spent hours going back to Mewtwo's lair
Lots of blackouts and struggles later...

Naaaathing.
Aaaaabsolutely naaaathing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hideo Kojima is leaving Konami.

This is shocking news. I wonder what could be the future for the Metal Gear series?

Oh yeah, and any small chances of Snake DLC for Smash 4 have been shot down hard. What a bloody mess.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wondering for April Fools if I should change my Facebook profile pic to Diddy Kong and make Hoo-Hah jokes all day...or some female anime character, quote her all day, and make waifu jokes. Also considering changing my pic to Korosensei and making a couple posts each hour about each student in Assassination Classroom. Maybe one or two people out of all my Facebook friends might get the joke whichever one I pick.

Soul.

I'm pretty sure people will keep hoping for Snake to show up. I guess. I'm not sure. Whatever.
B-reverse frame 1 grenades were the goat.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Kojima leaving Konami?

Yeah, for Moby **** Studios.

Konami couldn't shoot themselves in the foot that bad, right? They aren't Sega or Capcom.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Did you see the most recent episode of Parasyte?

What was with that ending? Do you think he had second thoughts about not killing him and did? Or do you think they showed two different endings? What ever the case it was mind blowing. And yay Migi!!! <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did some search and it seems that Kojima will leave Konami by the end of the year, since it's when the contract ends.

Meanwhile, the Kojima Productions division has been renamed and any mentions to Kojima's name in MGSV have been removed.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Is he really going to that studio?
That's the joke. You can't believe anything about Kojima because he pulls stuff like this all the time.

He tried to pass off The Phantom Pain as not a Metal Gear game being made by a new studio called Moby **** (which isn't real).

Also this:
The company is shuffling around executive appointments on April 1, and includes removing Kojima, apparently.
Bit early, but a good laugh regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom