• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

That's the joke. You can't believe anything about Kojima because he pulls stuff like this all the time.

He tried to pass off The Phantom Pain as not a Metal Gear game being made by a new studio called Moby **** (which isn't real).

Also this:
After looking into it a bit more...

Bit early, but a good laugh regardless.
Oh, that was the joke. I get it now..

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Did you see the most recent episode of Parasyte?

What was with that ending? Do you think he had second thoughts about not killing him and did? Or do you think they showed two different endings? What ever the case it was mind blowing. And yay Migi!!! <3
Nah, Shinichi changes his mind.

Note that he left the knife by the old lady's house and the people around are saying the monster is dead.

Migi says he can't kill Gotou like that, as it would be murder in human standards. This indicates that Migi has gained some humanity.

Shinichi doesn't want to kill a life that is struggling hard to survive, which prompts Migi to state about the hypocrisy of humans who say that do things "for the Earth", noting that the Earth has no emotions and, like any other living being, humans mostly kill lives for survival. This makes Shinichi rethink: if he kills Gotou right there, humanity will be protected, so he trusts that survival instinct.

That final moment really reinforces a major theme of the series.

And yeah, Migi is back. ^_^ Was kinda predictable, though. Gotou did absorb him and that backfired.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hideo Kojima is leaving Konami.

This is shocking news. I wonder what could be the future for the Metal Gear series?

Oh yeah, and any small chances of Snake DLC for Smash 4 have been shot down hard. What a bloody mess.
Doesn't sound too different from Sakurai leaving HAL.I'll wait and see how this turns out for both of them.

:231:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
@Cazdon that Hunger Games was very funny. I was having an existential crisis mid battle.

In other news, I'm driving this huge van at work today. It's like 5 times bigger than my car.

This could be interesting :S

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Doesn't sound too different from Sakurai leaving HAL.I'll wait and see how this turns out for both of them.

Good point.

That's the joke. You can't believe anything about Kojima because he pulls stuff like this all the time.

He tried to pass off The Phantom Pain as not a Metal Gear game being made by a new studio called Moby **** (which isn't real).

Also this:

Bit early, but a good laugh regardless.
April 1st is the beginning of the fiscal year in Japan, plus April Fools is mostly a Western thing.

There have been shocking news regarding Japanese companies before on that very day that people thought of as jokes, but ended being true. (Of note is the merger between Square and Enix.)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
April 1st is the beginning of the fiscal year in Japan, plus April Fools is mostly a Western thing.

There have been shocking news regarding Japanese companies before on that very day that people thought of as jokes, but ended being true. (Of note is the merger between Square and Enix.)
Still, this is Kojima. Master troll who's really into western media and would likely know about April Fools.

I'm not sure what to think if this is true, it'd be like Nintendo throwing Miyamoto out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still, this is Kojima. Master troll who's really into western media and would likely know about April Fools.

I'm not sure what to think if this is true, it'd be like Nintendo throwing Miyamoto out.
You do know that the jokes are done on April 1st, not before, don't you?

It's a pretty possible thing to happen. Why would they go through all the trouble of renaming the studio, changing social media accounts, altering the game's credits, all for an elaborate prank? It doesn't make a lick of sense.

I know that Kojima has a reputation as a troll, but even so, I think this is too elaborate to be just a prank.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing Konami can do after Kojima leaves is actually use the Hudson Soft IP's that have been collecting dust ever since the merge.

*COUGH*bomberman*COUGH*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yes, let's get this over with and lock this thread once it reaches 2000+ pages. inb4 gif fest
.GIF Fest? Then, in that case, lots of Warnings would have been recieved.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's a pretty possible thing to happen. Why would they go through all the trouble of renaming the studio, changing social media accounts, altering the game's credits, all for an elaborate prank? It doesn't make a lick of sense.

I know that Kojima has a reputation as a troll, but even so, I think this is too elaborate to be just a prank.
Probably for the same reason that Kojima made up a whole studio for a prank not that long ago.

But that's just a theory.

Makes about as much sense as Konami basically killing themselves.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
These social threads have always been locked once they reached the 2000 page. It happened with the first one, second, third and this one will.
I wasn't joking around when I said the thread will be locked at 3000 pages.

Actually, the plan is to keep going as long as the thread doesn't glitch. In other words, this thread will be a guinea pig to test the forum software's limits.

Last edited:

Soul.

I wasn't joking around when I said the thread will be locked at 3000 pages.

Actually, the plan is to keep going as long as the thread doesn't glitch. In other words, this thread will be a guinea pig to test the forum software's limits.

if that is the case, then do you mind reopening 3.-----

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So I have around 10000 stars on Club Nintendo, only problem is I can't renew them yet, I'll come back tomorrow. I'm gonna belatedly get my hands on ALTTP, Golden Sun, Superstar Saga and Super Metroid. Yes I KNOW I have just admitted there that I haven't played on the SNES' two best games, well that'll soon change now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom