• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

willthunder

Smash Cadet
NNID
willthunder
3DS FC
1032-1459-3732
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/19/sonic-boom-wii-u-producer-defends-the-game/#comments

So the producer is defending the Sonic Boom video game and argues that it's a success? I mean, talk about major damage control on his part. :troll:

They should have chose a much more experienced team to handle it that actually KNOW what Sonic is about and they should have realized that fans care about speed in their games. :rolleyes:

The only thing I agree on is that future Sonic games need to emphasize on co-op multiplayer campaign in the future.
This is the best quote in the whole article.
  • “Speed was shelved because we were under the impression people didn’t want it.”
  • “Speed is always a Sonic thing, we didn’t focus on that.”
I cant even Sega....
Stick to what works

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/19/sega-discusses-issues-with-sonic-boom-development

Steven Frost, you're full of ****.
"Ambition" and "too much content" isn't what made Sonic Boom a ****ty game.
It was the awful, shallow gameplay, the outsourcing of the game to a small developer, and the LACK of good content.
The same thing that ruined every other bad Sonic game.

And really? You think the co-op in Sonic Boom "worked really well"? Is 10fps and PS1 graphics "well"?
Are we even thinking of the same game?

Christ, Sega. :facepalm:

EDIT:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/19/sonic-boom-wii-u-producer-defends-the-game/#comments
The only thing I agree on is that future Sonic games need to emphasize on co-op multiplayer campaign in the future.
I don't agree on that either. Sonic Colors and Generations were single-player and look at how they turned out.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Does anyone here have a link to the discounted Club Nintendo of Europe games? I obviously can't get them, due to traffic, but I can't even find a list of the games. Help?

_gold_

Smash Master
Good day chaps!
You might have already read this, but for those who haven't, I'd recommend it. Gives a little insight into what Nintendo has planned for NX and mobile games in the future.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So in all honesty what did I miss in 3.0? I wasn't here for that. :p
*Looks at your join date*

Oooooooooh, you missed the prime era of the Social thread(s), when I was a moderator.

Things used to be so much better because I actually encouraged some intelligent discussion. Gif spam only became a thing after my retirement. Coincidence? Methinks not!

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master

Oooooooooh, you missed the prime era of the Social thread(s), when I was a moderator.

Things used to be so much better because I actually encouraged some intelligent discussion. Gif spam only became a thing after my retirement. Coincidence? Methinks not!
Wait, you were once a moderator? Or am I being troll'd right now.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Yeah, I remembered when you were a moderator. What happened ?

If you weren't, then I must be tired :tired:

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Tons of gifs
Pretty much the same as 2.0
With each new iteration we drag more people here people leave and some people frequent this place more :233:

Damn. I hate this feeling of barely missing out. :(

_gold_

Smash Master
Damn. I hate this feeling of barely missing out. :(
You and me both, bud. I feel like some kid that was born in the 2000's and everyone else basked in the 90's. I bet they had Wonderballs back in Social 2.0 and 3.0 too.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh boy, the European Club Nintendo finaly includes digital games!

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/

OH GOD WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EXPENSIVE THIS ISNT WHAT I WANTED AT ALL
Think of it this way. At least you got a better selection than we did.

You and me both, bud. I feel like some kid that was born in the 2000's and everyone else basked in the 90's.
It's not that bad being a millennium. I mean sure, you get frequently mocked for it, but sooner or later you get used to missing out on things after a while.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom