• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So does anybody else want to help contribute to Norris Night? This tournament could just be the one for you! I want to make this with you, for you. So, anyone have a tournament title that they have always wanted to use?
Actually, "Norris Night" seems perfect.

D

Deleted member

nah, it;s because I just wonder why they don't use stuff that actually mean something ABOUT the philosophy.

Like Cortana....

yes, what does it tell me ABOUT the philosophy behind it..?

Yes, Chicago is a city....but why that one?

idk, it`s just weird.
Oh, you were talking about the codenames. Thought it was about the startup sounds, my bad. I don't really know about that lol. MS hasn't been using them lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
okay cool!

Time will be selected probably next week, if we get a date tonight. About Friday... most people usually prefer Saturdays, since a lot of people are off school/work. The last tournament, a 16-man tournament, also took 3 hours just to go through it all. So yeah, Saturday may end up being the final date. But who knows! Friday could be as equally appropriate! :)

lol is it a good truth or bad truth? ;)
It is a good truth, friend. And if I may...is it possible for me in any way to enter? I'm defiantly not the best player but that won't change with out a montage determined effort to embarrass myself on a tournament stream. I really could use the experience and this seems like one of those opportunities I'd regret if I skipped it. Like joining the circus as a child.

Edit: So I'm heading to sleep, so leave me a message with answers and stuff, see ya! :)

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
What are we gonna do tonight? Come on! It's Norris Night!
Okay, so the main objectives for the entire ordeal (not just this week) are as follows:
  • Tournament Name
  • Banner Ideas/ Maker
  • A selected April tournament Date
  • amount of people in tournament
  • Commentators?
  • ETC.
For those who didn't know, I am going to be updating the social Thread every Wednesday or Thursday with this upcoming online tournament! It will be hosted by me, will be monthly, will be streamed, and will have tournament highlights! Prizes will be included, and there may be a donate-and-reserve deal that could take place!
So, I hope you guys join in! Anyone can join in! Hopefully, soon, the whole social thread will enjoy this and can get a discussion going once a week! That would be pretty cool, getting a chunk of SmashBoards to work with this tournament. If you have any input, go ahead and throw it in!

So, without further adieu, let's get the ball rolling!
Are you going to put some avatars on the banner?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
It's the third time I recall seeing these posts in this page.
I'm having some SERIOUS Deja Vús. :yoshi64:

D

Deleted member

Trying to shift the blame into someone else by changing topics, that's awful, Soul! You should be ashamed!
:4yoshi:
"Shift"

My YouTube channel says hello! *laughs*
I'm actually referring to the name. I stopped 'promoting' it when the year started.

It's the third time I recall seeing these posts in this page.
I'm having some SERIOUS Deja Vús. :yoshi64:
I tend to have deja vu-like sensations for some reason. I ignore them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
It is a good truth, friend. And if I may...is it possible for me in any way to enter? I'm defiantly not the best player but that won't change with out a montage determined effort to embarrass myself on a tournament stream. I really could use the experience and this seems like one of those opportunities I'd regret if I skipped it. Like joining the circus as a child.

Edit: So I'm heading to sleep, so leave me a message with answers and stuff, see ya! :)
Anyone is free to join! Here is the thing though: The prizes are eshop cards, so unless someone is willing to donate other eshop cards, anyone outside of NA will not be able to receive the prize. Which is a reason I am planning on creating a donate-and-reserve type system.
Are you going to put some avatars on the banner?
I may, but may not. If you are referring to SmashBoards avatars, then no. I don't want it a focus on any person. This is a tournament for SmashBoards. Not one person should be recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom