• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If anyone here has played stuff like Fire Emblem or any plot-driven JRPG, then you'll feel right at home watching a good bunch of anime.

Soul.

Back when Smash 3DS was about to be released I always thought I would see "combo" videos with Falcon's F-Zero GX/AX theme. lmao

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
This is why I didn't join the anime club at my college.
You and me both, partner!

I kinda tapped out of the whole anime scene around the mid-2000s. New anime just doesn't do it for me. I like my Dragon Ball, my Transformers, my older Pokemon episodes, weird 80s/90s ova scene, Dirty Pair, old school Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi in Tokyo (my personal fav of the Tenchi series), that kinda stuff. I think Bo-bobo was the last anime I truly loved. After that I was like "ehh, there's a title or two that I don't mind but most of this just isn't for me."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is why I didn't join the anime club at my college.
I'm not surprised. Anime fans look into good anime. It sounds elitist as ****, but most video game players tend to stay away from bad games, don't they?

Watch stuff like FMA Brotherhood, Death Note, Parasyte and a few others and you'll understand everything. Even I have a lot of essential anime on my to-watch list.

I've yet to get into mecha anime, for example, and there are plenty of good choices like Evangelion, Code Geass and TTGL.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But you could make the argument that anything subpar/bad is worth avoiding, not just anime

You and me both, partner!

I kinda tapped out of the whole anime scene around the mid-2000s. New anime just doesn't do it for me. I like my Dragon Ball, my Transformers, my older Pokemon episodes, weird 80s/90s ova scene, Dirty Pair, old school Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi in Tokyo (my personal fav of the Tenchi series), that kinda stuff. I think Bo-bobo was the last anime I truly loved. After that I was like "ehh, there's a title or two that I don't mind but most of this just isn't for me."
0/10 no Slayers
But seriously there are modern anime that are as good as those
EDIT: -11/10 No Yu Yu Hakusho
Triple Edit: Tenchi Muyo is back breh
Quad Edit: "Ai Tenchi Muyo" yeeeeeee

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Did you guys forget about Teen Titans? :(

I despise people who said this wasnt an anime..

D

Deleted member

I've watched some anime here and there but I was never really into it. I said that multiple times, I know.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Actually I do enjoy the Slayers... because "Justice Will Prevail"... then of course comes the dramatic entrance where I slip on a rock and slam all over the place like Amelia.
Check the edit
I tend to add in a **** ton of stuff after I post
But seriously there are modern anime that are as good as those
EDIT: -11/10 No Yu Yu Hakusho
Triple Edit: Tenchi Muyo is back breh
Quad Edit: "Ai Tenchi Muyo" yeeeeeee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My favorite anime?

That's a toughie, but in the end, I need to go with Sheep in the Big City.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Because it's not anime at all. Anime is Japanese animation, so if it's not Japanese, it's not anime. Logic is this simple, folks.
That's not anime. At all.
ITs not an anime. its a ****ing Cartoon
Whaaat? Well This is news to me, all my childhood thinking it was anime :(.I know it's at least it's animation style is heavily influenced by anime like this.

Sometimes even the theme song is japanese, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I thought Hakusho was ok. I wouldn't call myself a fan but I don't dislike it either. That first theme song was catchy as heck though.

Tenchi Muyo lost me once GXP hit. I'm not sure what it was, I just didn't care for it. OVA 3 didn't win me over either.
Yu Yu Hakusho is like the one anime you can't hate
XD
Is mayonnaise an anime?:120: (Staryu because there is no Patrick Star emoticon lol).
Says you

Edit 1/2/3: Omg what have I stumbled into
I found a ton of patrick gifs

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I spent about 4 hours in school working on a single drawing.
Jesus Christ

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whaaat? Well This is news to me, all my childhood thinking it was anime :(.I know it's at least it's animation style is heavily influenced by anime like this.

Sometimes even the theme song is japanese, but that doesn't really have anything to do with this
I see. I do think the animation style is heavily influenced by anime.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't know if you guys are into brawl hacking as much as I am, but I have really groundbreaking news! A new character is in the making and it's none other than

This is, like, the best thing to ever happen to me!
I really wanted Saki or Isa in Smash 4. Like, probably my top 5 characters, though I didn't have high expectations. Still, Saki would be an interesting fighter since I love the Cannon Sword weapons. Glad to hear about the hack.

S&P games are kinda underrated too. There's actually a lot of untapped potential in the series if they could expand on certain things. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see a third game any time soon (but I'll always be hoping!).

Lmao DK's teeth popping out of his mouth.

Ahh move swaps. Reminds me of the good ol' days of messing around with my AR.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thanks to my brother bringing over a PS3, I finally got the chance to play PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. I actually find it fun so far (just doing training due to lack of online & people to play with). Not a fan of the default button layout or the fact I'm using a PS3 controller though.

But the most interesting moment today is buying said game at GameStop. The person who rung me up at the store I think the person was originally a man who had a sex change (or being the manliest woman I've ever seen). Made me feel REEEEAAAAALLLLL uncomfortable.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I need more of those Smash/MK8 Profile Cards to upgrade so I can get them Bonus Codes +w+

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks to my brother bringing over a PS3, I finally got the chance to play PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. I actually find it fun so far (just doing training due to lack of online & people to play with). Not a fan of the default button layout or the fact I'm using a PS3 controller though.

But the most interesting moment today is buying said game at GameStop. The person who rung me up at the store I think the person was originally a man who had a sex change (or being the manliest woman I've ever seen). Made me feel REEEEAAAAALLLLL uncomfortable.
Why would that make you uncomfortable?

D

Deleted member

While I'm here I'm gonna yell at you guys to go play Ori and the Blind Forest.
GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

I loved the old Teen Titans show.

But no, it isn't anime. It was made around the early-mid 2000s when anime really caught on and "the boom" was in it's highest moment. Therefore, the animation and the early version of the theme song was heavily influenced with anime in mind and alot of other shows of the time took a bunch of anime influence too, since anime was "in" at the time. Even the Looney Tunes kind of (and I do stress "kind of") dabbled into it with Loonatics Unleashed. Then the whole anime scene kinda fell apart. Big networks finally went "Why promote and air shows we don't even own?", coupled with the increase in piracy that was in part caused by the outrageous price tags on the anime ($20 for a few episodes, $100 for the season.) And those videos weren't selling because there was basically no advertising for a ton of it because so many of the companies were so busy trying to license each and every show they could that they had no money to really do any, and some of those companies either backed out or went under due to the whole thing, then well, it all just went downhill from there. It still exists, but definitely in a "amongst the fans" kind of way. Well, that's how I see it anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom