• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They happen so often on the internet its best to forget them and move on.

At least it will never get as bad as Shadow's incidents

What the...?
I don't even
brthfginbfgj
Words can't explain what I'm trying to say.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Damn it internet. You win again.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So I just noticed that the Smash Bros Bundle was back in stock when I was asleep, then it was out of stock long before I noticed...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They happen so often on the internet its best to forget them and move on.

At least it will never get as bad as Shadow's incidents

I....

Uh....

...let's see....uh...hmm...uh.....what on....God's green Earth....is thi-

....you know what? I think I'm going to have to go lie down for a bit. See you all when my brain finishes fully processing and comprehending what my eyes have just viewed and what could have possibly been going on in the head of the person who made this when he/she did.

This is literally the weirdest thing I've ever seen. And that's really, really saying something.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Apparently I was wrong on my last post. The bundle now has a separate page for pre-ordering for around $10 more than the original price...I'll have to wait a few more days before I'm back in the states to see if I can order it.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Can we **** off with the reaction pictures, and pictures in general? Cool - you found some things on the internet. And you stockpile them so that you have something to use in virtually every situation. Congratulations: You are socially bankrupt.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Why? What possessed you to post that?
The great emeralds power allowed me to post this.

So remember when I said Sonic fans are crazy? Well, consider this the proof. Thankfuly, or maybe not really thankfuly, theres much worse out there just from the Sonic fandom. The rabbit hole goes too deep even for me.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Can we **** off with the reaction pictures, and pictures in general? Cool - you found some things on the internet. And you stockpile them so that you have something to use in virtually every situation. Congratulations: You are socially bankrupt.
That's some genuine anger here lads. I have an image for that, but I won't do it or else I'm "socially bankrupt".
What ?

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
No

:upsidedown:

Your life wouldnt be the same without witnessing the Shadow toilet and you know it

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
That's some genuine anger here lads. I have an image for that, but I won't do it or else I'm "socially bankrupt".
What ?
You keep accusing me of being angry when I'm not. It's possible to be a critic without being angry.

One of the tell-tale signs of an Autism spectrum disorder is the inability to (properly) gauge emotions in others. I would consider seeking a professional evaluation of the matter if you haven't already.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You keep accusing me of being angry when I'm not. It's possible to be a critic without being angry.

One of the tell-tale signs of an Autism spectrum disorder is the inability to (properly) gauge emotions in others. I would consider seeking a professional evaluation of the matter if you haven't already.
Uh, that depends man. I mean, someone could say something on a thread, then someone could go and say to calm down.
Then they might say/reply that they aren't, when they might be in reality.... Depends on the situation I guess :ohwell:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

It's great to use big words lad, but it doesn't show the intelligence of using "autism" in a conversation for no reason. Appart if it was an insult ? If it was, then my respect for you is now really low.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The great emeralds power allowed me to post this.

So remember when I said Sonic fans are crazy? Well, consider this the proof. Thankfuly, or maybe not really thankfuly, theres much worse out there just from the Sonic fandom. The rabbit hole goes too deep even for me.
The picture you just showed here today has convinced me that there is no such thing as a fanbase worse than the Sonic fanbase.

I mean, I guess it is only one picture, but it makes me wonder what else could possibly exist out there if something like that picture exists as well.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm with Quilt, it's best to stop with the reaction image only posts as they tend to derail the thread into nothing but images. Though, such aggression isn't necessary so while I appreciate the concern Quilt, the harsh criticism isn't really justifiable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

To be fair, swearing at someone does make you look angry. That previous message could've been worded far more eloquently.

I agree with you that it's annoying, though. And seeing how a Mod showed up, it should be stopping if we're lucky. :)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

To be fair, its also possible to be a critic without swearing, insulting others or tying in disorders.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Quilt plz

I'm with Quilt, it's best to stop with the reaction image only posts as they tend to derail the topic thread into nothing but images. Though, such aggression isn't necessary so while I appreciate the concern Quilt, the harsh criticism isn't really justifiable.
Except that most of them have text with them, like other mods in the past have been pestering us to put with the pictures.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
The picture you just showed here today has convinced me that there is no such thing as a fanbase worse than the Sonic fanbase.

I mean, I guess it is only one picture, but it makes me wonder what else could possibly exist out there if something like that picture exists as well.
You wouldnt be wrong. The Sonic fanbase is huge, and outside of just regular fans of the series you will find all sorts of extremist "sub-genres" so to speak. Like for instance, overly religious Sonic fans

The only other fanbase even close to it in terms of scale, diversity and horror that can come out of it is My Little Pony. There are normal fans of both dont get me wrong, but the bad overpowers the good too much in theyr case.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Uh, that depends man. I mean, someone could say something on a thread, then someone could go and say to calm down.
Then they might say they aren't, when they might be in reality.... Depends on the situation I guess :ohwell:
It doesn't depend on anything. Either someone is or isn't something.

It's great to use big words lad, but it doesn't show the intelligence of using "autism" in a conversation for no reason. Appart if it was an insult ? If it was, then my respect for you is now really low.
Bringing up autism is contextually appropriate because you continue to ignore what's socially appropriate in a thread with mods clearly against picture spam. Truthfully, I know it has more to do with you being young than it probably does with a social disorder but you should still quit while you are ahead.

To be fair, its also possible to be a critic without swearing, insulting others or tying in disorders.
It's nowhere near as fun.
Quilt plz

Except that most of them have text with them, like other mods in the past have been pestering us to put with the pictures.
It doesn't matter when the text is redundant ("MFW") or meaningless ("This is how I feel about that:") It's like "10char" posts. There's a minimal commentary threshold for some picture not to be considered spam. Here's the crudest example:

AND HERE'S SOME TEXT TO GO WITH SOME PICTURE

What we have now is that, except it's usually bunch of junk commentary to circumvent spam accusation.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm with Quilt, it's best to stop with the reaction image only posts as they tend to derail the thread into nothing but images. Though, such aggression isn't necessary so while I appreciate the concern Quilt, the harsh criticism isn't really justifiable.
True, reaction images can be annoying.
Being aggressive to make it stop however is not a good option, hiding it with a lot of words or not.
So, let's stop this reaction image fest and those idiotic fights. I don't want this thread to be a fighting place where we can't settle it in smash.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Bringing up autism is contextually appropriate because you continue to ignore what's socially appropriate in a thread with mods clearly against picture spam. Truthfully, I know it has more to do with you being young than it probably does with a social disorder but you should still quit while you are ahead.

It doesn't matter when the text is redundant ("MFW") or meaningless ("This is how I feel about that:") It's like "10char" posts. There's a minimal commentary threshold for some picture not to be considered spam. Here's the crudest example:

What we have now is that, except it's usually bunch of junk commentary to circumvent spam accusation.
You never know man... there could always be a situation where that might happen... I dunno :p

Also btw, if you are really that annoyed at picture spam and crap in the thread you could always just leave the thread
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The only other fanbase even close to it in terms of scale, diversity and horror that can come out of it is My Little Pony. There are normal fans of both dont get me wrong, but the bad overpowers the good too much in theyr case.
Correct: There are normal MLP fans, and then there are MLP fans over 12.

...if you are really that annoyed at picture spam and crap in the thread you could always just leave the thread
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or I could get a mod to firmly plant their boot on you bipedal tumors.

True, reaction images can be annoying.
Being aggressive to make it stop however is not a good option, hiding it with a lot of words or not.
So, let's stop this reaction image fest and those idiotic fights. I don't want this thread to be a fighting place where we can't settle it in smash.
Way to try taking the high ground then admit you're being annoying. You don't get that privilege.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
still sometimes text alone is good enough
if you want to make a point / have fun time use an image sure, just dont over do it

or else you will be at the other end of my whip and be infracted like a fool

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You wouldnt be wrong. The Sonic fanbase is huge, and outside of just regular fans of the series you will find all sorts of extremist "sub-genres" so to speak. Like for instance, overly religious Sonic fans

Tell me about it. I only started watching MLP just earlier this year. I mean, when I did a bit of research on the show I could see why people liked it so much, but for years I was reluctant to actually try watching it myself mainly because of the nearly indescribable mess that is the majority of it's fanbase.

The Internet is a messed up place, and in real life such matters are likely to only get far worse.

Correct: There are normal MLP fans, and then there are MLP fans over 12.
Well that stings.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

I'm gonna ignore the fact that you desperatly try to "insult" me by saying that I'm an autist and just say this : if you are annoyed by this thread, why are you still on it ? It's the social thread, a place where images, gifs and videos are normal. We can have serious conversations, yes, but this thread is mostly here for sharing our stupidity than anything else.
And if you are only annoyed by me, since those kind of situations where you're "criticizing" happens when I dare to say something that contradits your opinion or temper, then fine. But don't kill the mood of the thread by "attacking" me with "facts" and "big words" just to make you feel strong.

Please understand.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
still sometimes text alone is good enough
if you want to make a point / have fun time use an image sure, just dont over do it

or else you will be at the other end of my whip and be infracted like a fool
Well, that's alrighty with me then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or I could get a mod to firmly plant their boot on you bipedal tumors.

LMAO XD
I haven't laughed this hard in weeks.... So thank you sir :seuss:

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
PSN and XBL seem to be working fine now. Yoinked Injustice and other + stuff for when I have my PS4. Also bought Megaman Zero and will be giving it a shot tomorrow.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
And if you are only annoyed by me, since those kind of situations where you're "criticizing" happens when I dare to say something that contradits your opinion or temper, then fine. But don't kill the mood of the thread by "attacking" me with "facts" and "big words" just to make you feel strong.
But I'm not annoyed by this thread. If it is so hard for you to do what everyone asks of you then why are you still on it? :yoshi2:

If you feel insulted, you could also try not purposefully drawing the ire of people. It's common sense that if you want to be a prat, you should expect some kind of social consequence.

Also yea thanks but we really dont need armchair psychology in this place.
Never mind that I actually have credit in psychology and in autism research.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom