• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, what was that?
*STARES INTENSELY*
MANGA KYUBEY IS PICHU TIER.

But seriously, making him like that removes what made him great to begin with. Other than the ending, that had to be the worst change the manga made.

D

Deleted member

:4greninja:'d

Ah, sorry to hear you were bullied in high school. I only really experienced that in grades 6 to 8 so I can't begin to comprehend what that must have been like.

You are not alone though. Be strong, senpai.

I bet @ソウル will like that post just for the Pikachu GIF. Unrelated tho.

D

Deleted member

Wait are you going somewhere? I don't remember you mentioning anything recently. We need to keep as many Shulk mains as possible on Smashboards so Sakurai doesn't cut him for Smash 5, we must change the future and create a world... With lots of needs for Shulk.:4shulk:
Shulk isn't going anywhere. His gimmick isn't Ice Climbers levels of complex or anything.

Oh hey Kermit
How many people have you ignored so far?
Gen Urobuchi says "approaching 100."

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
MANGA KYUBEY IS PICHU TIER.

But seriously, making him like that removes what made him great to begin with. Other than the ending, that had to be the worst change the manga made.
I still haven't read the Madoka Manga, not sure if I will or not.

R0Y

Smash Master
Middle school as well, unfortunately...I was beat up horribly once in 6th grade by the upperclassmen :c

I also edited my earlier post in response to your edit. I'll probably be Greninja'd again because :phone:
Well, at least it's over now. You said you just started a new job?
There's light at the end of this long tunnel.

I bet @ソウル will like that post just for the Pikachu GIF. Unrelated tho.
I can only hope.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So @ Kenith Kenith time for an update on my Dark Souls progress.

So I think most of my deaths now are from falling off cliffs and stuff then actually being killed by monsters. Anyways.

I attempted fighting Quelaag twice but failed both times. So I decide after to go back and stock up on some stuff and take another look at Laurentius Pyromancy. However, took me like 3 tries to get back there. I kept on rolling the wrong way to my death. I also made the mistake once of thinking the lift back to Firelink from New Londo Ruins was down there...

I eventually get my self re-stocked successfully and buy Flash Sweat from Laurentius. Oh and apparently the Fire Keeper at Firelink has been murdered and the Bonfire isn't usuable....

I attempt to fight Quelaag again and succeed. I ring the second Bell of Awakening to go to a cut-scene and see some kind of big door be opened, looked like the place from the Bonfire at the Undead Parish. I then go down the step and see a tunnel. I go through the tunnel, which is red, and find myself to some place called Demon Ruins. I don't like the sound of that name and quickly turn around. On my way back I see a suspicious looking wall and hit it to find myself looking at another tunnel. I go in and see one of those egg guys... but this one I can talk to. So I do. He asks me if I'm a new servant or something like that, I answer yes because it seems to be the most sensible thing to do. Lo and behold another Bonfire and a new Fire Keeper, though I will say I was quite taken aback when I first saw. It was bad enough having to defeat a half spider half woman thing but now I have to be friends with one? bleh. If you didn't already guess... I rather dislike spiders. Anyways.

I then start to make my way back to the Undead Parish but stop at Firelink. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw some kind of serpent head jutting out from the area that use to have water. I was not expecting that. But found out he was just an NPC and not some kind of enemy. He told me about Sen's Fortress. After that I talked to him again and found out I can feed him stuff from my inventory for Souls and that I can feed him bigger Titanite to make into smaller ones. That was useful. Eventually get myself back to Undead Parish. I get Andre to upgrade my Laito up some. It's currently a +6 or +7 I think, still isn't as powerful as my Drake Sword yet. I ventured a little bit into Sen's Fortress. First thing to happen is some arrows get shot at me out of nowhere it seemed like then some kind of walking snake monster came after me. Their turned out to be a second one as well. I go a little further in to find myself in a room full of Pendulums. I go a little forward and all of a sudden see a lighting magic coming down at me. I quickly retreat.

So now I'm thinking about getting my Pyromancy up to +10 (currently +8) and see about upgrading my Laito some more so it can be better then my Drake Sword. I'm also hoping to eventually stop using a Shield, though I don't know if that is actually wise. By the way, is there any good Shields I can get to at this point in the game?
Lol, I enjoyed reading this so much. I'm glad you didn't accidentally attack Eingyi or Frampt, that would have sucked. >.<
I'm also glad you found all those locations so easily.

Iaito is a good weapon, too. I used it some on my NG++ playthrough (that I haven't finished) and even though it's supposedly a weak weapon, I found it to be really good. It's definitely going to outdamage the Drake Sword once you get high enough dex and you upgrade it. Not to mention it's way faster than the Drake and has bleed damage.

That location with the traps and the snakemen, Sen's Fortress, is actually your next destination. The first few rooms are actually way harder than the rest of the place, and the boss isn't hard either.

And no, don't ever not use a shield. While I'm at it, you should practice parrying because it's extremely useful against pretty much everything. What shield do you have? They can be upgraded, you know. It doesn't increase damage reduction, but it does increase stability, allowing you to tank heavier blows without losing all your stamina. Here's some shields to look out for:

- Crest Shield, drop from a Hollowed knight when you return to Undead Asylum. 100% phys. block and 80% magic block, really solid shield.

- Dragon Crest Shield, found next to the Undead Dragon in Valley of Drakes. Same thing as Crest Shield, but has 80% fire block instead of magic. You could do a suicide run and grab it before the Dragon wakes up (and maybe escape) or you could kill the dragon with arrows and take it afterwards.

- Tower Shield, a greatshield bought from a merchant in Sen's Fortress for 8000 souls. Probably a bit too heavy for a pyro, not to mention it can't parry, but nothing gets past this thing.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I've been having issues with this one user myself. Maybe I should see how the ignoring thing works...
upload_2015-3-2_14-22-39.png

Welp, never mind then.

D

Deleted member

I still haven't read the Madoka Manga, not sure if I will or not.
I haven't read it myself, but knowing they changed the ending to have
Homura go off to valhala after the scene with the wraiths
is enough to turn me off. I highly recommend Different Story, though I really can't recommend anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I kind of curious though, what happens if you ignore someone and then they get promoted to moderator?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, I've been having issues with this one user myself. Maybe I should see how the ignoring thing works...
View attachment 41054
Welp, never mind then.
I already ignored myself (using noclip) cause I'm so annoying. I don't care if the mods are watching- I'm an asshole. And I should just leave the forums and stop corrupting Smashboards. Seriously.

:4villager:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kind of curious though, what happens if you ignore someone and then they get promoted to moderator?
Then, the best guess would be that you can see the newly applied moderator's posts. Or in the worst case scenario, it stays like it was before (ignored still).

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I miss King Dedede's Final Smash from Brawl. It was my favourite, I still love playing as him casually, but I don't get the same thrill when I break the Smash Ball. It's still a good FS in these games, it's just not the same, and I'd actually argue the Brawl one is more effective. Does anyone else miss one of Brawl's cut FSs? I also liked Ness/Lucas', Luigi's and Snake's. Not Kirby's though, that was pathetic.

R0Y

Smash Master
I think the system is designed to overturn it automatically through the entire database. Could maybe cause errors otherwise? I'm no authority and could be wrong though but it just doesn't seem like something that can be grandfathered in. @Warchamp7 probably knows.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I haven't read it myself, but knowing they changed the ending to have
Homura go off to valhala after the scene with the wraiths
is enough to turn me off. I highky recommend Different Story, though I really can't recommend anything else.
Well, I already read different story a while ago, so I guess I'm just back to waiting for April 7th again.
@NonSpecificGuy is back! The Like Lord is back, guys!
Oh yeah, I forgot about him.
What would happen if a comment were ever to be liked by Ffamran, NonSpecificGuy, Morbid, Crazyal, Coricus, and Rinkario all liked one comment at once?
Would the thread explode?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm still writing my project. I want to see it being drawn so badly. I already thought of putting Mai in a special role.

Easy to figure it out.

D

Deleted member

Well, I already read different story a while ago, so I guess I'm just back to waiting for April 7th again.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him.
What would happen if a comment were ever to be liked by Ffamran, NonSpecificGuy, Morbid, Crazyal, Coricus, and Rinkario all liked one comment at once?
Would the thread explode?
Nah. The Like Alliance would form, instead.

_gold_

Smash Master
I miss King Dedede's Final Smash from Brawl. It was my favourite, I still love playing as him casually, but I don't get the same thrill when I break the Smash Ball. It's still a good FS in these games, it's just not the same, and I'd actually argue the Brawl one is more effective. Does anyone else miss one of Brawl's cut FSs?
Me too! It was actually pretty effective. Now it's just the generic big hit with special effects involved.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Nah. The Like Alliance would form, instead.
I feel like the collision would cause a chain reaction of happiness and disappointment, washing over the entire thread until everyone is sort of in a mellow state, and then it'll go back to normal.
Oh, and any and all Hylian Shields in the thread will disappear.
:troll:

D

Deleted member

I mean, if you're really, and I mean really bored and you can find it, read Kazumi Magica just for this character:

Otherwise there's really no point. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and the tone at times can be the complete opposite of its source's.

I think the system is designed to overturn it automatically through the entire database. Could maybe cause errors otherwise? I'm no authority and could be wrong though but it just doesn't seem like something that can be grandfathered in. @Warchamp7 probably knows.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I miss King Dedede's Final Smash from Brawl. It was my favourite, I still love playing as him casually, but I don't get the same thrill when I break the Smash Ball. It's still a good FS in these games, it's just not the same, and I'd actually argue the Brawl one is more effective. Does anyone else miss one of Brawl's cut FSs? I also liked Ness/Lucas', Luigi's and Snake's. Not Kirby's though, that was pathetic.
Ironically, I think the 3DS was the main reason the final smash was cut. Like the Waddle Dees being replaced by only Gordos. Probably the same for Ness (easier to handle for the 3DS). For Luigi, it's probably to make him fit more in his own series. And technically, the final smash of Snake is there with Zero Suit Samus.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In other news, found out The Real Gamer quit being a mod. Again. Wonder if he's doing ok

Also, holy Mary, Jesus and Joseph, there's this commercial that just came on for a local insurance company and they use horrible cheap CGI. Even the lip-synching is off. It's 2015, can't they afford better CGI artists?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I thought he hasn't been a mod for a really long time?
Because if so, I'm pretty sure he stopped being a mod because he didn't have time to do it.
He quit once, became a mod again late last year (for the Charizard forum only) and then quit again just recently.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lol, I enjoyed reading this so much. I'm glad you didn't accidentally attack Eingyi or Frampt, that would have sucked. >.<
I'm also glad you found all those locations so easily.
I almost did attack Frampt. Good god that thing scared me when I first saw it.

I also atribute my finding of these places to Assassin's Creed. If you can find all those little ****ing items in those giant cities then everything hidden in other games becomes child's play.

Iaito is a good weapon, too. I used it some on my NG++ playthrough (that I haven't finished) and even though it supposedly a weak weapon, I found it to be really good. It's definitely going to outdamage the Drake Sword once you get high enough dex and you upgrade it. Not to mention it's way faster than the Drake and has bleed damage.
My Dex is currently 20, just enough to wield it. But I mostly wanna use it cause it's a ****ing Katana. Like c'mon. Who wouldn't want to use that?

That location with the traps and the snakemen, Sen's Fortress, is actually your next destination. The first few rooms are actually way harder than the rest of the place, and the boss isn't hard either.
Yeah, Frampt pretty much told me it was the place to go.

And no, don't ever not use a shield. While I'm at it, you should practice parrying because it's extremely useful against pretty much everything. What shield do you have? They can be upgraded, you know. It doesn't increase damage reduction, but it does increase stability, allowing you to tank heavier blows without losing all your stamina. Here's some shields to look out for:

- Crest Shield, drop from a Hollowed knight when you return to Undead Asylum. 100% phys. block and 80% magic block, really solid shield.

- Dragon Crest Shield, found next to the Undead Dragon in Valley of Drakes. Same thing as Crest Shield, but has 80% fire block instead of magic. You could do a suicide run and grab it before the Dragon wakes up (and maybe escape) or you could kill the dragon with arrows and take it afterwards.

- Tower Shield, a greatshield bought from a merchant in Sen's Fortress for 8000 souls. Probably a bit too heavy for a pyro, not to mention it can't parry, but nothing gets past this thing.
Ok, keep on using a shield. Got it. My current shield is the one that one of the Balder Knights was guarding, I think it is called a Knight Shield. But I would rather have a different one. How can I get back to the Undead Asylum? I presume it has something to do with that giant crow but I can't seem to interact with it.

Also, when will I be able to next buy more Pyromancy? The only current vendor is Laurentius and there has to be more Pyromancy then what he sells.

D

Deleted member

I feel like the collision would cause a chain reaction of happiness and disappointment, washing over the entire thread until everyone is sort of in a mellow state, and then it'll go back to normal.
Oh, and any and all Hylian Shields in the thread will disappear.
:troll:
But the disappointment wouldn't be as strong as the happiness. :172::025::026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom