• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Who's ready for the Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct this Friday? I'll be at work when it air live but I'll still watch it.

Also, my Super Smash Bros. soundtrack just came in the mail today.
My body is so ready.

So I've been searching all around my house for my 3DS XL which was confiscated and

Good lord where the hell did mom hide that thing
But, but, aren't you 25?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So @ Kenith Kenith time for an update on my Dark Souls progress.

So I think most of my deaths now are from falling off cliffs and stuff then actually being killed by monsters. Anyways.

I attempted fighting Quelaag twice but failed both times. So I decide after to go back and stock up on some stuff and take another look at Laurentius Pyromancy. However, took me like 3 tries to get back there. I kept on rolling the wrong way to my death. I also made the mistake once of thinking the lift back to Firelink from New Londo Ruins was down there...

I eventually get my self re-stocked successfully and buy Flash Sweat from Laurentius. Oh and apparently the Fire Keeper at Firelink has been murdered and the Bonfire isn't usuable....

I attempt to fight Quelaag again and succeed. I ring the second Bell of Awakening to go to a cut-scene and see some kind of big door be opened, looked like the place from the Bonfire at the Undead Parish. I then go down the step and see a tunnel. I go through the tunnel, which is red, and find myself to some place called Demon Ruins. I don't like the sound of that name and quickly turn around. On my way back I see a suspicious looking wall and hit it to find myself looking at another tunnel. I go in and see one of those egg guys... but this one I can talk to. So I do. He asks me if I'm a new servant or something like that, I answer yes because it seems to be the most sensible thing to do. Lo and behold another Bonfire and a new Fire Keeper, though I will say I was quite taken aback when I first saw. It was bad enough having to defeat a half spider half woman thing but now I have to be friends with one? bleh. If you didn't already guess... I rather dislike spiders. Anyways.

I then start to make my way back to the Undead Parish but stop at Firelink. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw some kind of serpent head jutting out from the area that use to have water. I was not expecting that. But found out he was just an NPC and not some kind of enemy. He told me about Sen's Fortress. After that I talked to him again and found out I can feed him stuff from my inventory for Souls and that I can feed him bigger Titanite to make into smaller ones. That was useful. Eventually get myself back to Undead Parish. I get Andre to upgrade my Laito up some. It's currently a +6 or +7 I think, still isn't as powerful as my Drake Sword yet. I ventured a little bit into Sen's Fortress. First thing to happen is some arrows get shot at me out of nowhere it seemed like then some kind of walking snake monster came after me. Their turned out to be a second one as well. I go a little further in to find myself in a room full of Pendulums. I go a little forward and all of a sudden see a lighting magic coming down at me. I quickly retreat.

So now I'm thinking about getting my Pyromancy up to +10 (currently +8) and see about upgrading my Laito some more so it can be better then my Drake Sword. I'm also hoping to eventually stop using a Shield, though I don't know if that is actually wise. By the way, is there any good Shields I can get to at this point in the game?

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Wario Bros. Wario Bros. : I don't care about Xenoblade Chronicles X yet. Gimme my Mewtwo in Sm4sh! :4pacman:

Aaaaaanyone ever felt like doing an Egglocke? I'm doing one on Blaze Black 2!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Hehe, so I just saw my post being brought up in Game Theory, thanks to @wizardto1 .

LISTEN UP PEOPLE! I'M GETTING THE WORD OUT.

PAC-LAND IS BELOW-AVERAGE.

D

Deleted member

Ahh, two weeks left and I am done being pranked. Never again will I get such feature, even if it's just your name in magenta.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
25 and it was confiscated? That is depressing. I'm 18 and I would tear my parents' hand off if they touched my 3DS.
It's... A long and very embarrassing story.

The tl;dr version - mom has a very, VERY old fashioned way of viewing things. Plus it's partially due to video game playing en masse in my senior year of high school that I missed a scholarship. (That and I hated my history and English classes and was also depressed over a friend suddenly getting into the goth-punk crowd.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Hehe, so I just saw my post being brought up in Game Theory, thanks to @wizardto1 .

LISTEN UP PEOPLE! I'M GETTING THE WORD OUT.

PAC-LAND IS BELOW-AVERAGE.
Does this mean you're a celebrity?
Does this also mean they know about us? Are they watching us right now?
What have you condemned us to?!

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
It's... A long and very embarrassing story.

The tl;dr version - mom has a very, VERY old fashioned way of viewing things. Plus it's partially due to video game playing en masse in my senior year of high school that I missed a scholarship. (That and I hated my history and English classes and was also depressed over a friend suddenly getting into the goth-punk crowd.)
BUT THOSE ARE THE BEST CLASSES!!!!!!

Also, don't let that kind of thing bother you. Happens to all of us. But yes I can't imagine you associating with anyone in the goth-punk crowd. :troll:

25 bucks for one Coca Cola? Norway, please.
3.25 US Dollars for half a litre, tax included. Still pricey.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@Flight: Let's bring up that old classic.
Or maybe even Edgeworth himself. Who will EXPOSE the assassin. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I just realized, now that @Kermit the Ninja is leaving, I don't have as many excuses to say
:4shulk:DA FYOOCHA IZ AWRZ TUU DAHCYDE.

Now how am I going to remember that TUH FYOOCHA ISH AGHRS TUH DUHZIGHED?

:confused:
Post it everytime someone mentions doing well with Shulk.

RIP in Potato Salad @Frostwraith and @Kermit the Ninja
They hoo-hah'd to fast :4sonic:
I'm not dead yet. Also Shulk doesn't have a hoo hah. I don't believe Greninja has a particularly effective one, and with R.O.B. you're better off up throwing. Mr. Game & Watch has one though.

Down throw > up special > nooch is better than hoo hah for Mr. Game & Watch regardless.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
BUT THOSE ARE THE BEST CLASSES!!!!!!

Also, don'

3.25 US Dollars for half a litre, tax included. Still pricey.
It was headache-inducing old English poetry though. Wording that I could not grasp no matter how hard I try. Plus, I was bullied throughs all of high school.

...and "Also, don'" what? o.o I don't think you got to complete your original train of thought though I will likely be :4greninja:'d by the time I post this due to you editing it.

Nvm saw the edit. The weird thing is that girl was the modest preppy kind before and was morally upright then but following her change.....yyyyyeeeeaaaahhhhh.

Last edited:

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
So @ Kenith Kenith time for an update on my Dark Souls progress.

So I think most of my deaths now are from falling off cliffs and stuff then actually being killed by monsters. Anyways.

I attempted fighting Quelaag twice but failed both times. So I decide after to go back and stock up on some stuff and take another look at Laurentius Pyromancy. However, took me like 3 tries to get back there. I kept on rolling the wrong way to my death. I also made the mistake once of thinking the lift back to Firelink from New Londo Ruins was down there...

I eventually get my self re-stocked successfully and buy Flash Sweat from Laurentius. Oh and apparently the Fire Keeper at Firelink has been murdered and the Bonfire isn't usuable....

I attempt to fight Quelaag again and succeed. I ring the second Bell of Awakening to go to a cut-scene and see some kind of big door be opened, looked like the place from the Bonfire at the Undead Parish. I then go down the step and see a tunnel. I go through the tunnel, which is red, and find myself to some place called Demon Ruins. I don't like the sound of that name and quickly turn around. On my way back I see a suspicious looking wall and hit it to find myself looking at another tunnel. I go in and see one of those egg guys... but this one I can talk to. So I do. He asks me if I'm a new servant or something like that, I answer yes because it seems to be the most sensible thing to do. Lo and behold another Bonfire and a new Fire Keeper, though I will say I was quite taken aback when I first saw. It was bad enough having to defeat a half spider half woman thing but now I have to be friends with one? bleh. If you didn't already guess... I rather dislike spiders. Anyways.

I then start to make my way back to the Undead Parish but stop at Firelink. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw some kind of serpent head jutting out from the area that use to have water. I was not expecting that. But found out he was just an NPC and not some kind of enemy. He told me about Sen's Fortress. After that I talked to him again and found out I can feed him stuff from my inventory for Souls and that I can feed him bigger Titanite to make into smaller ones. That was useful. Eventually get myself back to Undead Parish. I get Andre to upgrade my Laito up some. It's currently a +6 or +7 I think, still isn't as powerful as my Drake Sword yet. I ventured a little bit into Sen's Fortress. First thing to happen is some arrows get shot at me out of nowhere it seemed like then some kind of walking snake monster came after me. Their turned out to be a second one as well. I go a little further in to find myself in a room full of Pendulums. I go a little forward and all of a sudden see a lighting magic coming down at me. I quickly retreat.

So now I'm thinking about getting my Pyromancy up to +10 (currently +8) and see about upgrading my Laito some more so it can be better then my Drake Sword. I'm also hoping to eventually stop using a Shield, though I don't know if that is actually wise. By the way, is there any good Shields I can get to at this point in the game?
Oh ho, I see someone trying to "git gud". Anyway. Pyromancy goes up to +15 I believe, my memory is clouded. I cannot think of any good shields currently in Sen's Fortress area. I only used the Grass Crest Shield, the most used one anyhow. You can go back to the Asylum to obtain a shield that defends well against Fire, probably better for the later Fire Levels you've seen. (There's a way to get back among Firelink)
There is a reward at the end of Sen's Fortress, you can obtain new items there. Who knows? (Oh, and I don't know what's going on here. I'll just assume you're new to DkS. Pardon me.)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I know right. I have no choice but to main Dark Pit to show my edge.
I should also play Ow the Edge.
Indeed. Your fate has been sealed. Allow me to begin the ritual.

Powers of Onions, old and fair
This weeb of Smashboards declared his dare;
He shall never turn back to chuckling
For now he will forever be knuckling;
Shrek and Shadow accept your soul
& Knuckles

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
upload_2015-3-2_14-9-8.png

Man, Club Nintendo really has spelling issues.
Reminds me of how Club Nintendo's 2014 calendar featured a month called "Nobember"

D

Deleted member

& Knuckles
You forgot the "you lose your style and grace; you will have a funny face and you can't take it off" part.

Soul.

& Knuckles
But it isn't a terrible one right?

R0Y

Smash Master
It was headache-inducing old English poetry though. Wording that I could not grasp no matter how hard I try. Plus, I was bullied throughs all of high school.

...and "Also, don'" what? o.o I don't think you got to complete your original train of thought though I will likely be :4greninja:'d by the time I post this due to you editing it.

:4greninja:'d

Ah, sorry to hear you were bullied in high school. I only really experienced that in grades 6 to 8 so I can't begin to comprehend what that must have been like.

You are not alone though. Be strong, senpai.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm pretty sure it was a different thread. A thread about your least favorite stages.
But still, it does mean they're fully aware of us. And maybe they're watching us right now...

But on the topic of Pac-Land. I look at it the same way I do with 75m: I appreciate it more for what it represents rather than what it actually is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:4greninja:'d

Ah, sorry to hear you were bullied in high school. I only really experienced that in grades 6 to 8 so I can't begin to comprehend what that must have been like.
Middle school as well, unfortunately...I was beat up horribly once in 6th grade by the upperclassmen :c

I also edited my earlier post in response to your edit. I'll probably be Greninja'd again because :phone:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Post it everytime someone mentions doing well with Shulk.

I'm not dead yet. Also Shulk doesn't have a hoo hah. I don't believe Greninja has a particularly effective one, and with R.O.B. you're better off up throwing. Mr. Game & Watch has one though.

Down throw > up special > nooch is better than hoo hah for Mr. Game & Watch regardless.
Wait are you going somewhere? I don't remember you mentioning anything recently. We need to keep as many Shulk mains as possible on Smashboards so Sakurai doesn't cut him for Smash 5, we must change the future and create a world... With lots of needs for Shulk.:4shulk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom