• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
This reminds me, I wonder how Mewtwo will enter. Though it's logical for him to get out of a Poké Ball, I really hope he (or she, if they go for the Unova anime version) gets his own like Lucario.
Mewtwo is gonna have a pokeball intro, he will come out of a diveball to reference nearly every pokemon player ever that attempts to catch legendaries in either a pokeball or other silly options.

(Bonus ducks if Mewtwo comes out of a Nestball)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This reminds me, I wonder how Mewtwo will enter. Though it's logical for him to get out of a Poké Ball, I really hope he (or she, if they go for the Unova anime version) gets his own like Lucario.
I hope he gets his own as well. Otherwise, they should patch it so Lucario comes out of a Poké Ball too. :p

D

Deleted member

Oh please. I own Lego Star Wars the complete collection.

I don't know if I 100% it but I'd get back to you on that.
I own it too, but I had Lego Star Wars II for the PS2 first, and I had never beaten it until today. I don't think I ever 100%'d complete saga though, and if I do decide to do that one day, it'll be much further down the road. I have much more games to play.

Soul.

Mario Party 2 does. /evenmorebias
That game is so overrated, pls gamexplain.
For real tho N64 Mario Party games were the greatest. Mario Party started it all, Mario Party 2 got rid of the analog stick minigames, and Mario Party 3 felt complete.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That game is so overrated, pls gamexplain.
For real tho N64 Mario Party games were the greatest. Mario Party started it all, Mario Party 2 got rid of the analog stick minigames, and Mario Party 3 felt complete.
And Mario Party 3 has Waluigi, the current mascot of the Social Thread.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mario Party 8 is the best...

....Is not even necessary to put the Kappa because the sarcasm is obvious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I've also thought in the idea of Mewtwo not just appearing out of a Poké Ball, having a different battle intro like Lucario instead.

Seems logical. He could teleport into battle and make a sort of stance and/or show off his psychic powers briefly.

I don't think it would be logical to have him come out of a Poké Ball considering his usual portrayal.

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith
It's a shame that you aren't interested in the competitive scene....the people over there could use your intellect.
Perhaps I'm not interested in competitive play because I have the intellect to note why it's a bad idea.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

>Pikachu
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU

Seriously, why?
Also they should put Rin on the good side and I'm happy of seeing Shiki and Akiha in the good side, not to mention being totally right about akane, Naru, Shana, Sinon, Kirino and her clones.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you ask me, I didn't really find most of the Mario Party games to be that bad. Even then newer games brought in great ideas (like Mario Party 6 and the day/night cycle). Even Mario Party Advance (albeit highly flawed) wasn't that bad in my opinion.

Personally I think it went downhill with Mario Party 9 and the car. Granted, yes. It's a cliche argument by now; but really, there's a reason why it overused. It got to the point to where it didn't feel like Mario Party. Everything that made the original great was watered down. The minigames were lesser and oftentimes not even a major force. The stars became less competitive to get. And individuality was booted out in favor of everyone moving together.

>Pikachu
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU

Seriously, why?
While I don't know too much about the whole Tsundere shtick. I can safely say that early Pikachu fit that bill pretty well.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Mario Party 8 was only good just because of the "How to play Minigames" song.
Mario Party 3 and 9 had Let's Get a Move On! and Freshen Up! respectively.
Songs that I love.
(Also, Pandemonium)

Soul.

>Pikachu
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU

Seriously, why?
Also they should put Rin on the good side and I'm happy of seeing Shiki and Akiha in the good side, not to mention being totally right about akane, Naru, Shana, Sinon, Kirino and her clones.
Maybe it's because Pikachu can be female too :troll:
Mario Party 3 and 9 had Let's Get a Move On! and Freshen Up! respectively.
Songs that I love.
(Also, Pandemonium)
Mario Party 4's minigame song was also good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario Party 8 was only good just because of the "How to play Minigames" song.
>60 FPS widescreen on menus
>30 FPS letterboxed gameplay

>Mario Party 8 logic. I'm sorry, but MP9 takes better advantage of the Wii's features.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

>Pikachu
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU
>PIKACHU

Seriously, why?
What is doing Sailor Mercury in the Bad Tsundere half? :troll:

#ObviousJokeBecauseAkaneLooksLikeAmi

Soul.

>60 FPS widescreen on menus
>30 FPS letterboxed gameplay

>Mario Party 8 logic. I'm sorry, but MP9 takes better advantage of the Wii's features.
Ever since Mario Party 7, the series has been meh to me. I prefer the N64 games.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Hey guys, I made an unrealistic fangame roster to surpass all unrealistic fangame rosters!

ImpossibleRoster.png

This is why I'm not put in charge of things like this when I've decided I can go all out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
OH THAT TITLE IS SO MUCH YES. YES YES YES.

"ahem" Anyway...Mario Party talk, I see.

I've only ever played Mario Party 8 but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to go back and play some of the older ones just to experience their gameplay, but I don't own any of them.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
What is doing Sailor Mercury in the Bad Tsundere half? :troll:

#ObviousJokeBecauseAkaneLooksLikeAmi
I'm mostly wondering how is it that Plank got so many sisters? :troll:

#ObviousFlatJokeisObvious.
Hey guys, I made an unrealistic fangame roster to surpass all unrealistic fangame rosters!

View attachment 40068

This is why I'm not put in charge of things like this when I've decided I can go all out.
No Spider-Man
0/10 It's ****

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ideas for what could be the battle entrances for cut characters in Smash 4:
- Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Snake: same as Brawl.
- Ivysaur, Squirtle: like solo Charizard, they'd come out of a Poké Ball.
- Pichu: comes out of a Poké Ball.
- Roy: enters via Warp (like all FE characters) and unsheathes his sword, causing a small burst of flame.
- Young Link: enters in a whirlwind (like Link) wearing a Keaton Mask, putting it away afterwards.

View attachment 40068

Ew.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
OH THAT TITLE IS SO MUCH YES. YES YES YES.

"ahem" Anyway...Mario Party talk, I see.

I've only ever played Mario Party 8 but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd like to go back and play some of the older ones just to experience their gameplay, but I don't own any of them.
They're worth your time. If you have a wii, you can at least play the decent GCN ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom