• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Then it's set up that way by default. Like a clock. It's just a bunch of code that wished you happy birthday. Seeing as it's a multi-billion dollar company, with over 550 million users on Google Plus, I bet they don't even acknowledge your existence.

... but we care! Happy Birthday pal!
dude, take skype that is very silly:

It's [user]'s birthday today.
Give the gift of birthday calls to mobiles and landlines with a Skype Gift Card.

NO DUDE, I LIKE DON'T CARE, JUST FREAKING HAPPY BIRTHDAY IS ENOUGH!!!!

It happened to me like 5 times....it's weird....

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Educate me for a second. Islam is the one with Muhammad right?

If so, does that mean he could appear in this book? Ooooohhhh boooooy. :dizzy:
Exactly. Muhammad is, indeed, the prophet of the Islamic religion.

And we know what is the Muslims' stance in any artistic representation of sacred individuals. If extremists catch wind of this, I fear what could happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Educate me for a second. Islam is the one with Muhammad right?

If so, does that mean he could appear in this book? Ooooohhhh boooooy. :dizzy:
Yup, Islam is the one with Muhammad.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok got a email from club nintnedo (its not the mewtwo code/your sound track has ben sent before you have a heart attack)

The new nintendo loyalty program your coins will not be transfered to it so spend spend spend those coins

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
I could care less if Terrorists are offended then boo hoo. Terrorists like to pretend their opinions have to be respected and that media cannot show their stupid prophet. Japan is one of the few countries that have the balls to do things around here in this world.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I could care less if Terrorists are offended then boo hoo. Terrorists like to pretend their opinions have to be respected and that media cannot show their stupid prophet. Japan is one of the few countries that have the balls to do things around here in this world.
France had the balls to publish the Charlie Hebdo magazine and we know how that turned out. Seriously, why take unnecessary risks and potentially put the lives of people in danger?

When there are extremists in this world willing to commit murder over cartoons, it's rather imprudent to publish more cartoons. That said, there's the possibility of adapting the Islamic scriptures without having to draw Muhammed.

From what I read in the article, the manga is meant to be for educational purposes, so I'm pretty sure the authors ought to do some research and perhaps consult with experts on the matter. In fact, the publisher has already published manga based on several other books and novels.

Citing the article:
The Manga de Dokuha series launched in 2007 and includes 133 famous works by Japanese and international authors. Popular books in the series include the manga version of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler's manifesto Mein Kampf and an adaptation of Karl Marx's Das Kapital treatise. The series released manga of the Old Testament and New Testament, the two sections of the Christian Bible, in 2010.

The East Press series' debut title was Osamu Dezai's No Longer Human novel that JManga, a platform for reading legal manga online, added in 2011. JManga also added Variety Art Works'version of the Manga de Dokuha series' The Word of Buddha in 2012. North American publisherOne Peace Books released the series' versions of Miguel de Cervantes' Don Quixote, F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, Herman Melville's Moby-****, James Joyce's Ulysses, and H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds novels in 2012.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
France had the balls to publish the Charlie Hebdo magazine and we know how that turned out. Seriously, why take unnecessary risks and potentially put the lives of people in danger?

When there are extremists in this world willing to commit murder over cartoons, it's rather imprudent to publish more cartoons. That said, there's the possibility of adapting the Islamic scriptures without having to draw Muhammed.

From what I read in the article, the manga is meant to be for educational purposes, so I'm pretty sure the authors ought to do some research and perhaps consult with experts on the matter. In fact, the publisher has already published manga based on several other books and novels.

Citing the article:
It's free speech. When there was threats from some hackers with the whole "The Interview" that didn't stop it from being released. Terrorists regardless of their power have the right to have their religion portrayed by views of other people according to what they believe it is.

D

Deleted member

I would make a joke about adapting Mein Kampf to manga, but that actually happened apparently.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have no clue how they're gonna get Onix out of Box One. Onix is practically the only thing that'll save them now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
:mewtwopm: is dead. Frieza DLC confirmed.
Freiza's Death Ball is powered by the delicious tears of Mewtwo fanboys. :troll:

So, I just got to know there's going to be a manga adaptation of the Quran.

Yes, THAT Quran, as in, the Islamic religious text.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...sion-of-koran-to-be-published-in-japan/.84441
Inb4 the terrorists label Japan as a new target. I can already tell that things aren't getting better from there.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So in other news, Protonjon's stream has reached 10,000 dollars. Which means for the first time in years he's playing the infamous Super Mario Kaizo World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom