• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Room

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You can delete this if you want but,

Can we get our threads back into the Canada room? I mean this is going to make it even harder for new players to find stuff. I know it looks simple cause we've been browsing these boards for years, and also I doubt anyone is in favor of this. Maybe I'm wrong..

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I STRONGLY agree with spacefalcon

They don't always look for the tournament stuff, sometimes they just wanna introduce themselves to everybody >_>

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I got lost trying to find the Okanagan thread, and I've been on smashboards for a year almost now. Canadian regional zones isn't that big, I don't see the need for this here.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Our thread is a PR, tournament listing and social thing all in one because our community is so tight. If anyone is outside of Vancouver (one city) but still within our province (bigger than Washington and Oregon combined) and new to the forums, they're not going to check past the first sign of "BC" and that happens to be either UBC smashfests (cancelled) or BC melee PR (not for them).

Just saying :\

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I am not a fan of this sub forum either. Not everyone comes looking for tournaments. This will make it more difficult for people to find a thread where they can socialize. At best, we will have people coming to Smashboards and creating a social thread in the Canada forum which will have to be either moved or deleted for being in the wrong place.

Metà

Smash Master
I'm with the OP as well. Social room blows, go back to how it was before. I'm not opposed to change, provided the change is for the good. We really don't need a social room like this; what we need, if anything, are just some designated social threads. If we just have one social thread for each major region, then these sub-forums aren't really necessary.

Also, post count : (

Top Bottom