• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (August 28, 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
SOCAL POWER RANKINGS

PANELISTS | Flyleef - Neo

So... the talk of a Socal Ranking project has been in the air for a very long while, and eventually it was left to gather virtual dust. Fortunately, a group decided to step it up and provide an up-to-date ranking system, where people could refer to and get a general idea of who stands where in this sprawling community of Smashers. It also aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, and to get people attending local tournaments more if they feel they have been overlooked. We have all of SoCal covered, from the High Desert to San Diego, and the list provides a solid foundation for the future. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, please PM any one of us. It's up to you if you decide these are accurate enough to be considered 'official.' We hope to update these in the near future.

POSITION CRITERIA

* Tournament performance - It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles, Doubles and Crew performances over history and of recent times.
* Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
* Competitiveness of Tournament participated in - No point winning a tournament filled with 100 n00bs - Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either Local or Out-of-State regions will be given greater weight.
* Must be a current resident in Southern California (Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego and Imperial Counties).

Feel free to discuss this, but not in a manner of immaturity that would result in the closure of this thread!

And last, if you feel your county was badly done let me know so I can fix that, it's easy to replace!

THE LIST

CHANGE | POSITION | NAME | MAIN | LOCATION

Don't lock this, Ken. Or I'll write you in the Death Note. :demon:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It would be a funnier joke if you were more well known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom