• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Noble-

Smash Ace
everyone is getting picked up and dropped off at pats house

pending pats approval
It up to you, as long as we leave before 6 P.M. people can come and stuff.

I got us housing close to the venue with the tournament owner Onski.

This is good for many reasons, including that of me talking to him to help make melee run smoothly-among other things.

Hope this is cool with everyone.

I'll get you his address soon.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if you can get here, that'd be great cause i hate driving. and if i had to pick you up i'd probably say screw it.

"here" is 1080 casa hermosa drive, pomona ca

dunno if you can bus it from connor's to here though

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
if you can get here, that'd be great cause i hate driving. and if i had to pick you up i'd probably say screw it.

"here" is 1080 casa hermosa drive, pomona ca

dunno if you can bus it from connor's to here though
I can get to "I-10 FAIRPLEX OFFRAMP-FAIRPLEX PARK AND RIDE", wherever that is.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Alright, so I guess I can make it there. The bus from Westminster to there takes two hours, though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
diagonally up and toward the stage

sometimes just toward the stage if ur % is so high u might get star ko'd (or even down and toward the stage if ur feeling lucky)

but at that point you're likely to die from fsmash anyway unless it's not tippered, then you got this

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
diagonally up and toward the stage

sometimes just toward the stage if ur % is so high u might get star ko'd (or even down and toward the stage if ur feeling lucky)

but at that point you're likely to die from fsmash anyway unless it's not tippered, then you got this
If you're expecting to get star KO'd from DI'ing up and in, you want to DI just up instead, not towards the stage. Incidentally I've started to DI falcon knees just up sometimes because of how often reverse knees happen.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
If you're expecting to get star KO'd from DI'ing up and in, you want to DI just up instead, not towards the stage. Incidentally I've started to DI falcon knees just up sometimes because of how often reverse knees happen.
actually that's pretty smart of you, I didn't think of that, I was trying to figure out what to do in case of those, instead of ding the wrong way and affirming myself dead like what happens sometimes. Good ****.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
well, just to name a few. Mango and lucky are going I think? there's a ton though of good so cal players going also. I bet DBR will be there also from nor cal.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
does anyone want to play smash after like 5pm tomorrow? its the only day i get off work early for a few weeks so i wanna get my smash fix for the week :)

Sleepy

Smash Ace
marth's fsmash you should probably di up and in, especially for tippers, but you'll probably be dead at certian %, if he tips you anyways.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Mango I owe you a meal the next time we go out. Sorry I forgot tonight. Think of it as a late B-day present.

Yeah, I love ya kid.

(my one and only no homo)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Is it too late to join this ultra exclusive Melee club?
hahaha, where have you been dude. get a job yet so you can start attending tournies?

does anybody know the best way to DI a marth f smash?
up and slightly in towards the stage. if it's not tippered you can live until forever basically ~140% off my head.

incidentally this is how you DI 95% of attacks

hmm..

so what's the turnout expected to be for melee? number of people, big names, etc..
well socal doesn't have a lot of big names, just a lot of people who ****.

mango, larry, tofu, atlus, myself, lovage, replicate, psychomidget, kira, zhu will be there 100%. and i'm missing way more. everyone in socal is good.

norcal can probably tell you better than i, but i'm expecting SS, tang, lunin, falcomist, phil, home made waffles, etc. hopefully mexican / kfc / meep go and play melee too.

cali ***** son, i hope you go so i can get some peach practice =)

p, what's your phone #?
my aim is the hero loto. i'll tell you over aim.

Top Bottom