• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Kira-

Smash Champion
some tourney alex someplace lol

and fine kira =(

ill find some one else
lol if you want to team i'm not gonna say no

i'm a good teammate =D

it's in georgia

but jetblue doesnt fly directly there
and they're the cheapest
plus we can just get a ride

Kira-

Smash Champion
the tourney is jan 17th-18th

the closer you get to those dates the more expensive it is

MaNg0

Smash Hero
thats like 1931939193 days away

go look for some cheaper ones

u got this

450 7104 (562)

text me

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha ok do you know when it is kira? Lol mango isn't gonna know. Lol team and make everyone proud Lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mango + alex = adult heterosexual consentual marital ******l sexual intercourse between a couple of the same race and not blood related

edit: LOL nice title

i vote for saying japes instead of ****

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
not a bad idea fabian

on another note, melee community should come to SD this saturday. should be fun, not to detract from Alex's tourney or anything, but if you wanna just play melee SD is where it's at. Also it seems like a lot of the melee norcal players can't make it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
do u still use ic's lep

i got a lot better

hey if u run up and sh blizz, nana will go through a laser and stop falco, possibly for a free grab

never lose to falco anymore except on FoD which is ghey

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i'm no good anymore, but i wanna pick up the ol climbers again. beat zhu and post a video so i can learn. i'll probably be back in playing shape once i get a cube or some local smashers to play with.

Boback said:
not all of dbr is attending.. dan just dropped out, and bobby is well.. last time i heard from him he was down to go.. but i havent talked to him about it for like a week and a half.. more time that goes by, the higher chance of him not going..

so yeah. oh and i dont think trebor is going either, he has work or something.

same thing with jeff and mitchell.. theyre 50/50. Mitchell probably cant make it due to short notice and school, and jeff well.. jeff is always up for going but i havent heard anything about him going 100%.
sooo... i dunno, might still be worth it, but seems kind of up in the air for most of them. =/

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zhu lives in socal now, maybe if i play fmf or something but i dont think he likes me lol

and i hardly go to tournaments

though i could easily record against park's falco sometime, or maybe HMW whenever he comes down again (but his mom might move to sac so he might never come to modesto again :'CCCC)

but yea i did get better and improved a lot vs falco and peach

fox is always hard but i got this haha

imo their worst matchup, worse than peach

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
There's another cool trick for stopping some of Falco's approaches if his lasers are sufficiently close to the ground. Right as he's shooting the last laser before his aerial/tilt/whatever approach, up+B OoS -> N blizzard. Falco will get hit by the blizzard and the laser will hit Popo and cancel the laggy solo up+B animation, leaving Popo free to run in for a grab.

**** Fox. I've gotten a little better at that match-up over the past couple weeks since I've gotten out of the habit of doing random dumb*** full jump approaches all the time, but it's still a pain.

I'm actually most worried about fighting against random low tiers that I lack experience against, lol.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I'm actually most worried about fighting against random low tiers that I lack experience against, lol.
Bah-zing!!!

oh and chok thanks for the recommendation, i'll check it out

btw, just got kingdom hearts 1 AND 2 from gamestop, as well as pre-ordered the new one that comes out tomorrow and paid it off in full. guess how much it cost me

Kira-

Smash Champion
thats like 1931939193 days away
most people reserve seats at least half a year in advance. In comparison, a month and a half is nothing, but I'll see what I can do. You're just going to win back the money anyway, what are you complaining about?

Hahaha ok do you know when it is kira? Lol mango isn't gonna know. Lol team and make everyone proud Lol
the tourney is jan 17th-18th
lol alex read a little hahahah

_
cheap *** coin-op laundromats cant even dry your clothes

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
when I was playing against wes, he was fox and I was sheik at about 60%, and he upsmashed me when I got back onto the stage and I barely went anywhere. I think you need to smash down while in hitlag

IHateBlazBlue

Smash Rookie
Honestly I wonder how many could I actually get to come. I met up with a gay smash melee player, Gerrick, who had a raw Ganondorf. He had the same idea I had. So I was like wow great minds think alike.

Get Hype!

Top Bottom