• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*sob* LEAVE OLIMAR ALONE!!! *sob*

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
LOL :laugh:

Recently I've been hearing a lot of people on Youtube and other sites dissing Olimar. Saying they hate him and that he sucks. I don't get it, what's so bad about Olimar. From the very first time I played with him, I knew that he'd become one of my mains. And he is, my 3rd best character. Olimar is awesome, the only thing that could cause people to think he sucks is his recovery. Olimar is very very easy to edge hog, but other than that, he's pretty good.

Mistah Raze

Smash Rookie
It's because he's a bit too difficult to master. You have to really be focused and know what you're doing; however, some people are not capable of doing such.

I've loved Olimar from the moment he was announced, and I knew he'd be amazing. :]

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
You also have to know all the Pikmin's strengths

Red: Powerful and good for killing with aerial attacks
Yellow: I'm not quite sure what yellow's strength is, it's a lot like red only a little bit weaker
Blue: The only Pikmin that can swim and are EXCELLENT at throwing.
White: Very weak at normal attacks but REALLY great at collecting damage when latched on to your opponent
Purple: Good at close range smash attacks

ynnek123

Smash Ace
umm yellow ghives massive hitstun YES HITSTUN IN BRAWL!! jk lol. but yeah, i think the yellow gives more hitstun on your attacks. And it looks awesome when you hit with it :p

XienZo

Smash Lord
They're just pretending he sucks so he'll fit the weekly char discussion hint better.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Olimar doesn't suck, in fact, sometimes I feel bad for my enemies when playing as him because he's so pwnage.

brawler15

Smash Cadet
I though this was going to be a remake of the leave britney alone vid but with Olimar

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Olimar is one of the most annoying opponents I face. His size makes him so hard to hit and he has pritty good attacks too.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Man, Olimar doesn't suck. Look at this:

The spitting image of awesomeness. Beyond that, he can do more damage than an alligator in a butcher shop. His range is excellent, he has Super Armor, he plucks Super-fast, and above all, he has a big nose and a light on his head. You can't say he sucks with a straight face.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
He's not annoying...
People abuse his pikmin throw and use him to make him seem annoying giving him bad rep. No character, no matter what technique, is unstoppable. A big portion of the smash world are just stubborn 8 year olds who get mad when they can't win, simple as that.

Olimar ftw :)

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Commander Blitzkrieg--Were you the one that did that D3 thread a long while back? Just look at him. He dives into the monster's mouth to save his enemy. What a generous king.
Do you see Koopa or Ganandorf carried in the stage by his followers? No.

Something like that...

Um.. To be on topic..
Blue has the most priority I heard now, I never tested, but blue and yellow seem to be the best.
Yellow actually has the largest hit box.
Everyone hates Olimar because everything he does is spammy. Which is wrong.. Actually, it's just that most of his moves look alike besides the one move that is spammy.

Onxy

Smash Lord
People usually say " eeerr, he has bad recovery and bad priority on a few attacks, I guess he sucks".

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Commander Blitzkrieg--Were you the one that did that D3 thread a long while back? Just look at him. He dives into the monster's mouth to save his enemy. What a generous king.
Do you see Koopa or Ganandorf carried in the stage by his followers? No.
No, but I am honored that you compared me to him. That post was hilarious.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Man, Olimar doesn't suck. Look at this:

The spitting image of awesomeness. Beyond that, he can do more damage than an alligator in a butcher shop. His range is excellent, he has Super Armor, he plucks Super-fast, and above all, he has a big nose and a light on his head. You can't say he sucks with a straight face.
You mean the splitting image of Melee's Captain Falcon? Then yes.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
I though this was going to be a remake of the leave britney alone vid but with Olimar
Yeah, that's what the TITLE was suppose to reference to. :laugh:

And when I play as Olimar, I hardly ever use his Pikmin throw. I always use his grab, smash, and aerial attacks a lot.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
And Olimar could also use some better taunts. He's got:

Up: Jump for joy
Side: Stop, drop, and roll
Down: Bring it around town

pepin

Smash Cadet
olimar is great I don't know why people think he is bad
I don't use him but one of my biggest nemesis uses him and man I hate him he never lets me aproach the only thing is that once I get him out of the stage he is dead but still he is preaty good in land

geekd

Smash Apprentice
I though only yellow usmash had a larger hitbox in front of olimar. Other attacks too?

Anyway, olimar is a g

Awex

Smash Lord
Olimar has flaws in his bad recovery and low priority on certain moves.

People just get annoyed by his range and Side B.

Those people don't know annoying til they play a good Diddy Kong.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Just yesterday I was "being annoyng" with Olimar and my friends got mad and started dissing him. Saying he sucks, he's annoying, and that he should have never been in Brawl in the first place. In my mind I was thinking "SERIOUSLY!? SERIOUSLY!!?" :dizzy:

For God's sake, leave Olimar alone!! :mad:

Top Bottom