• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Why does Lucas Suck?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Lucas has an absolutely amazing dair.

It's where all his combo potential comes from.

It also does 20% damage when you land the whole.

And it has a weak spike that owns crappy recoveries.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Lucas doesnt suck....IMO
And I dont think Ness is better...they r about even
Like Mario is with Luigi
Lucas has the potential to be great...he jus has no fans:(
Nair, dair, jab, ftilt, and PK fire are too good...and to top that off his smashes are extremely powerful
...Other than Marth, G&W, and grab release
I see nothing wrong with him
People still think Mario and Luigi are equally good?

Luigi's better than Mario in this game by a landslide.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Lucas has an absolutely amazing dair.
It's where all his combo potential comes from.
It also does 20% damage when you land the whole.
And it has a weak spike that owns crappy recoveries.
Lucas' Nair is pretty freak nasty too- especially for stringing attacks together. Lucas is great when played at a fast pace, because most of his attacks mesh well- his nair, dair, and bair can easily be followed through with a series of tilts and a smash or just a smash.

He just has a few really bad match-ups, against some very good characters. As some people show, a decent Lucas can tear up.

Luigi's better than Mario in this game by a landslide.
agreed.

Muh

Smash Rookie
While I wouldn't say Lucas is terrible in any particular area, he doesn't really excel anywhere. IMO that's a pretty big factor in what's putting him behind in tournament placings. Most characters can find their little niche, focusing on some particular strategy to win, but Lucas doesn't play like that. The only way to truly excel with Lucas is to be good at EVERYTHING.

As a side point, why is Lucas' pummel so neglected? In the pummel data thread, Lucas' was considered the BEST.(that's right, Lucas is the BEST at something). Yet even in tournament videos with Lucas, I see grabs somewhat often, but NEVER a single pummel....

That plus matchups vs. high tiers

Irsic

Smash Ace
I pretty much always pummel. The only time I forget is when I'm seriously tearing it up it combo city and land a grab in there, to keep the flow going I normally just toss right away, but that rarely happens.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
While I wouldn't say Lucas is terrible in any particular area, he doesn't really excel anywhere. IMO that's a pretty big factor in what's putting him behind in tournament placings. Most characters can find their little niche, focusing on some particular strategy to win, but Lucas doesn't play like that. The only way to truly excel with Lucas is to be good at EVERYTHING.

As a side point, why is Lucas' pummel so neglected? In the pummel data thread, Lucas' was considered the BEST.(that's right, Lucas is the BEST at something). Yet even in tournament videos with Lucas, I see grabs somewhat often, but NEVER a single pummel....

That plus matchups vs. high tiers
to be able to pummel, one must land a grab.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I understand Coney's intentions behind making the thread but it felt like it was bound to get some real pessimism there. =/

Top Bottom