• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So why did nobunaga (the creater of smash, dont know how to spell his name...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Because competition = people losing and feeling bad. He wanted everyone to win sometimes so they could feel good.
I'm not making this up or exaggerating. This is what he said.

Martham112

Smash Cadet
He wanted people to play it as they want to.

But he also wanted casuals to be able to play and this means it had to be simpler. Of course he probably tried to make it as competitive as possible while remaining playable for the new people.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
hm true,
well anyways he should done
competitive mode - aka a brawl version of melee

and like chump mode...the way brawl is now
like a watered down version so the nerds can have their uncompetitive fun

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
There was an article about Sakurai explaining that he didn't want anyone frustrated by losing to someone BETTER than them. Cause you know, if you practice at something and are better than someone they deserve an equal chance to win.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
lollllll this thread is wayyyy too good! surprised its never been discussed before.

also, i didn't know that the phantom troupe were the real creators of smash, i mean, i know they played Greed Island but...

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
well jokes on you then jakeadactly or watever....

the phantom poop did infact create smash.

but on to the serious and pressing matter at hand...

ladies and gents if we let this trend continue the smash world is doom.

ill be suprised if the smash smash game has dodge rolls or left and right jumping.

we have to stop this nonsense and knock some perveribal sense into SACKurai.

and in the famous words of Morgan Freeman..."Who's with me?!?"

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
i dont have time for ur trolls nerd, theres a war to be won
Here you are, arguing on a Smash Bros. forum about why the game isn't competitive enough for your tastes, calling while simultaneously people "trolls" and "nerds." That's a winning concept right thur. I sure hope you're joking to some degree.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
because people have started talking, ive rattled the cages...

now hopefully this topic can infulence someone to save smash as we know it

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
lol yepp! i bet nobunaga, the real creator of smash, is reading this right now and taking notes. he ONLY cares about your opinion on this one, buddy.

you have CERTAINLY influenced LOTS of people with this thread. i say we should name the next AT discovered after you. you're a pretty big deal nowadays!

omgggggggggg

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
whoa whoa whoa

i never said it wasnt competitive enough for me.

all i said was they shoulda made seprate game modes that you can play

one like melee and one like how brawl is now....

theres no way u cant think thats an awsome idea.

but jakeasuarus kept crying about everything and now things got outta hand.

but keep in mind that was my original idea...sweet huh?

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
lol yepp! i bet nobunaga, the real creator of smash, is reading this right now and taking notes. he ONLY cares about your opinion on this one, buddy.

you have CERTAINLY influenced LOTS of people with this thread. i say we should name the next AT discovered after you. you're a pretty big deal nowadays!

omgggggggggg
And to think, a moderator lets this thread by, but doesn't hesitate to lock up my "characters you don't want to see in smash bros." thread because it was too close to being Smash Bros 4 related...

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
but jakeasuarus kept crying about everything and now things got outta hand.
jakeadactyl is evolving! congratulations! your jakeadactyl evolved into jakeasuarus!

would my pokemon ability let me change my new name to the correctly spelled "jakeasaurus" or should i leave that to the name rater?

lololololololololol

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
well thats why ur not a moderator. because obviously you couldnt tell that your "generic thread about characters in smash 4" or whatever hasnt been done before. but thats besides the point.

im trying to reach out to people who understand the higher level of thinking and lets get this ball rolling.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
its true! this thread is really really really original, no one has ever said the things "delicious gooey load" has said! that's why nobunaga has such high respect for him!

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
well thats why ur not a moderator. because obviously you couldnt tell that your "generic thread about characters in smash 4" or whatever hasnt been done before. but thats besides the point.

im trying to reach out to people who understand the higher level of thinking and lets get this ball rolling.
Because a thread about the competitiveness of Brawl has never been done before. I don't know how anyone who has posted more than 4 times has missed a thread about this same subject. Look around the forums beyond your own threads next time before you make a complete fool of yourself.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
no but seriously who cares about spelling when it has to do with something so unimportant.

does anyone else not see the crisis at hand?

if we start now, if we stand together...mabye...just mabye we can convice sackurai to fix this.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
Because a thread about the competitiveness of Brawl has never been done before. I don't know how anyone who has posted more than 4 times has missed a thread about this same subject. Look around the forums beyond your own threads next time before you make a complete fool of yourself.
dude, don't be so mean to this guy. he'll have nobunaga personally come in here and ban you, thats how influential he is. although nobunaga might be a little too busy writing up plans for the "non-chump" version of smash just for delicious gooey load.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Lol@DGL
There shouldn't be a "Melee mode" thats what the Melee disc is for >__>

Truth of the matter is were in the Brawl Era now, live with it. It's been said before. Brawl is not Melee 2.0

AND SPELLING IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
You guys, he's absolutely right. Let's all stand together and take four years of Japanese classes so we can tell a Japanese video game director that his game isn't competitive enough for us! That'll show him! Then he can do something INCREDIBLE like releasing a Smash game with two different modes of play: Melee and Brawl! Is the Subspace Emissary not INTENSE enough for you? Use wavedashing and L canceling to show Tabuu who's boss!

Online isn't laggy enough for you? Let's go to Melee mode so everything can be 10x WORSE. =D

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
You guys, he's absolutely right. Let's all stand together and take four years of Japanese classes so we can tell a Japanese video game director that his game isn't competitive enough for us! That'll show him! Then he can do something INCREDIBLE like releasing a Smash game with two different modes of play: Melee and Brawl! Is the Subspace Emissary not INTENSE enough for you? Use wavedashing and L canceling to show Tabuu who's boss!

Online isn't laggy enough for you? Let's go to Melee mode so everything can be 10x WORSE. =D
QFT

i'm glad delicious gooey load has inspired us all so much! watch out nobunaga, we're coming and we won't hold back!

omggggggggggggg

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
you wanna know what my biggest pet peeve is?

when someone picks the stupidest picture ive ever seen and uses it as their avatar.

was that ur middle school year book picture or something? anyway, uhh ya on to something that matters...

but i never said i wanted brawl as a melee 2.0

that would mean a mere upgrade. im talking about revolutionary gameplay.

open ur hearts...think about it

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
was that ur middle school year book picture or something? anyway, uhh ya on to something that matters...
lol YES because you talking about middile school in a harsher light, we will subconsciously believe you are no longer in middle school! lolololololol it was a brilliant plan so i'm sorry i had to foil it >.<

delicious gooey load, if you want, i can send you my myspace link so you can find more things to flame me about than just an avatar. you should really be a little more competeive about your flamewars, who are you nobunaga? lololol

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
on a serious note i was talking to the guy with the cookie monster. hence the whole pet peeve thing.

buuuuut

im trying to accomplish my mission and ur getting in the way.

y dont u join my cause?

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
okay! do you think i'll get to meet nobunaga?! i'd love to see his spider tatoo, but don't you think he'll still be a little upset about uvogin's death?

lololololololol there is no cause, just a whole forum's worth of people who think that you are foolish >.<

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You are such a child. What I wonder is why this topic wasn't locked from the start.
Because despite their being an offical complaint thread, whining about Sakurai and how Brawl didn't meet 100% of everyone's expectations, even if it has nothing to do with the topic, is perfectly acceptable on Smash Boards.

The thing that makes me laugh about this topic is that this is a prime example of a person who magically became a "competitive smasher" once people starting complaining about Brawl. Honestly, if you mix up Sakurai with the boar God from Princess Mononoke, then chances are you haven't been into Smash for more than a few weeks especially when he name is constantly used and is even on the front page of the Dojo site. Let me guess, you also find that it's a crime against humanity that wave dashing was taken out despite the fact that A) you probably didn't even know about it until people started talking about its absence or B) can only pull it off in training mode and don't know what applications it can have in an actual fight. Please, if you're going to bandwagon, do it on Gamefaqs.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Wow lol. that was the worst insult ever. Talk with your character not your fingers. We can settle this with a brawl right now.

But, how does that make me look? I'm done with this topic, and your ridiculous ideas.
Inb4lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom