• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So, Who's Your Favorite in the Demo?

Who's your favorite in the demo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I assume this is some people's first time actually playing some form of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, unless you got the Japanese version of the game, or already got the demo via having the Japanese demo or using codes early. Maybe you already developed a main for when the game actually comes out on October 3rd.

Have you considered or liked any of the following characters?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Villager definitely!

His/her move set is just so darn fun. I appreciate all the referencing to Animal Crossing in the moveset, especially the moves that uses sound effects directly from the series.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Megaman is my favourite. His physics are nice, his moves are interesting and hey, it's MEGAMAN. Villager is a close second simply for the fun factor.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Villager definitely!

His/her move set is just so darn fun. I appreciate all the referencing to Animal Crossing in the moveset, especially the moves that uses sound effects directly from the series.
Man, now that you think about it, when it comes to newcomers referencing is EVERYWHERE! Megaman's moves came from his different games, Villager, even when he turns, is a reference, Robin's moves are from FE:A, etc.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
So far I really like Link, he's not as slow and weak feeling as he was in Brawl. Megaman isn't anything special, Villagers are fun but I don't think I would ever main them, Mario and Pikachu are just as blah as they've always been (although Pikachu is really adorable)

I really wish they gave us a few more characters, Samus, Kirby, and Donkey Kong would have been nice

funtend0zii

Smash Cadet
With megaman all you have to do is spam A and even lv.9 bots can't do anything about it.
Just saying. With that he is no fun to play.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So far I really like Link, he's not as slow and weak feeling as he was in Brawl. Megaman isn't anything special, Villagers are fun but I don't think I would ever main them, Mario and Pikachu are just as blah as they've always been (although Pikachu is really adorable)

I really wish they gave us a few more characters, Samus, Kirby, and Donkey Kong would have been nice
Yeah Link really got buffed in this game. Amen that Sakurai balanced this game to it's rightful place!
I use Mega Man and Mario. I use Mario the most due to his great combo game.
Well I honestly think Pikachu also has a good combo game with his up-tilts and that's fun, but yeah Mario's got that as well.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Link is my favorite by far now, he as good reflexes now! He feels like a fighter with courage now, ready to answer attacks with any of his moves/weapons. His reduced landing lag really changes the battle scenario.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Mario is awesome in the demo! I feel like I have total control of his combos, I no scare of vectoring, I'm Mario, I have a kit that allows for way more versatility than simple tilt chains!

Honestly he's super fun and I'm in love, can't wait for Doc.

Trout

Smash Rookie
NNID
Troutx
3DS FC
2723-9284-0082
Both the newcomers are crazy fun. Just makes me more excited to try out everyone else new in two weeks.. gotta go with Mega Man though. His air game is really fun and getting KO's with up-air is hilarious and satisfying

andimidna

Smash Master
Haven't gotten to the play the demo as much as I'd like to, but I've played almost only Villager, and some Pikachu.
Villager is very fun.
Pikachu too.
I'm not so great with Mario and Link, but can appreciate what others can do with them.
And Mega Man... well, he added a lot of hype for the game, so yea I appreciate his inclusion, but his moveset... (I don't want to make anyone mad)... um, full of references. Yea. He's cool. He's not for me though.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
I'm really liking Mario and Link, Mario has good combos and Link feels good to play (his dash attack is so satisfying to land).

Megaman's pretty fun to.

Phantomshadows

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phantomsama
3DS FC
3582-9638-6907
So far LInk. He feels a lot better to play now then before.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
Villager is so freaking fun.
Pocket is hilariously awesome.

But Megaman's up-air is phenomenal.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Really gelling with Mario this time around. I may sub-main him; who knows. I've also had some fun times with Mega Man, but so far I've only played him in the company of four people. I need some 1v1 time with Mega Man to formulate my opinions properly.

I'm not all that great with the other guys, regrettably. At this point, I'm just waiting to play my boy (Bowser) again.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Mario feels like he's always been, just an average balanced fighter that has always been satisfying to play as. His Up Special never gets old, either. Coins has always been super satisfying.

Link feels super good. His animations and buffs are connecting with me.

Mega Man is different, but that's what makes him.... different. His unique playstyle is something I'm looking forward to when I am able to change the controls in the retail version. It's all about distance, annoying your opponent and getting their damage percentage high enough. A good Mega Man will **** people off.

Pikachu is Pikachu. His Up Special while moving perfectly horizontal from right-to-left, or left-to-right now requires you to press Up Special again when moving the second time. In Brawl, you could Up Special once and zap through your opponent and back to the original spot where you first used the move.

Villager is great.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'm an old Marth main, so Link is my hero right now due to using a sword, which makes me feel way better using him. Megaman plays so oddly for me, I can't get used to it. Villager is pretty hype.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Mine is Pikachu.
Villager easily. Everything about him is so much fun. Pocket is probably the funniest moves in Smash history.
Pikachuuu!
Yes! Pikachu support! I wove you!

Villager is so freaking fun.
Pocket is hilariously awesome.

But Megaman's up-air is phenomenal.
I've heard pocket can take Link's Final Smash. Is this true?

Mario is awesome in the demo! I feel like I have total control of his combos, I no scare of vectoring, I'm Mario, I have a kit that allows for way more versatility than simple tilt chains!

Honestly he's super fun and I'm in love, can't wait for Doc.
Doc isn't even gonna have cruddy fluud. That's what i'm psyched for honestly XD

Link is my favorite by far now, he as good reflexes now! He feels like a fighter with courage now, ready to answer attacks with any of his moves/weapons. His reduced landing lag really changes the battle scenario.
Link most definitely got improved. Glad balance was actually a thing in this game now.

Really gelling with Mario this time around. I may sub-main him; who knows. I've also had some fun times with Mega Man, but so far I've only played him in the company of four people. I need some 1v1 time with Mega Man to formulate my opinions properly.

I'm not all that great with the other guys, regrettably. At this point, I'm just waiting to play my boy (Bowser) again.
Bowser was so good in PM, and I await his arrival in Smash 4. I've seen twitch channels staring shofu and Mew2king and they're saying Bowser's pretty freak'n good.

I didn't realize I got all these posts. I must have gotten too distracted by the demo!

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Mario's the most fun to play for the crazy combos he can pull off both on the ground and in the air, but the swordsman in me makes me lean toward my good ol' buddy Link.

Shog

Smash Ace
I can't decide between Mario, Villager and Megaman...they are all great tbh. Link and Pikachu, except for some differences, doesn't feel much different for me atleast

Raijinken

Smash Master
Much as I love Megaman, the demo alone has taught me that his weaknesses are too glaring for me to really treat him as a full main in the long run.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
It's strange, Megaman is BY FAR my favorite to play as, but I'd also say he's BY FAR the worst out of the bunch. I hardly ever use any of his B specials. Fortunately, his tilts and aerials are good enough to be fun, but...

On a positive note though, Link FINALLY feels good to play as again. Arguably the best out of the 5.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Either Link or Pickachu.

The two newcomers aren't that interesting to me tbh :/

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
I haven't been able to pocket a final smash.
My favorite thing to pocket so far are blue shells - right as they come down at you, hit the pocket button and it won't hit you :)

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Megaman he plays like a classic I won't main him in the long run but out of everyone in the demo megaman is my main man.

And the worse to me is villager he just plays ....... strange?

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT!
He is so freakin' awesome!
At first I found myself playing Mario and Pika constantly because I felt that Megaman was underpowered and not viable, then I decided to experiment a bit with him and his Hard Knuckle and OH MAN LANDING THAT FEELS THE BEST. I also stopped trying to play the zoning game and tried sliding, short hopping and bair/fair-ing. It really synergizes and makes me feel like I'm playing a legitimate Megaman Game.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Yes! Pikachu support! I wove you!

I've heard pocket can take Link's Final Smash. Is this true?

Doc isn't even gonna have cruddy fluud. That's what i'm psyched for honestly XD

Link most definitely got improved. Glad balance was actually a thing in this game now.

Bowser was so good in PM, and I await his arrival in Smash 4. I've seen twitch channels staring shofu and Mew2king and they're saying Bowser's pretty freak'n good.

I didn't realize I got all these posts. I must have gotten too distracted by the demo!
Wove yah too:rolleyes:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Definitely Pikachu, though Mario would come pretty close. Megaman is fun and I like him in his own games (though personally, I'd have preferred Megaman X), but I don't think I'll ever main him, feels really weird to play.

Villager and Link are cool but I have no personal interest in them.

I think I'd have more fun using Pikachu if not for the controls...

Top Bottom