• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS So, Who's Your Favorite in the Demo?

Who's your favorite in the demo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommykittycat

Smash Rookie
NNID
tommykittycat
3DS FC
3823-8531-0161
My favorite's are Mario and Villager. Mario was my main in Brawl and he feels really great to use in this game. I like the sound effects they've added to his cape and fireball. Villager was one of my most wanted, so I'm glad he was in the demo. I'm still getting used to playing as him, but I'm liking his moveset so far.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I'm having a blast with Villager and Mega Man. The only character I don't like using is Mario, which is ironic, considering I mained him in Brawl.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Link just feels really good to use, he's stronger, faster, and his new dash attack is intensely satisfying to land. I also quite like Mario, Pikachu and Megaman, though I can't seem to figure out Villager, not yet at least.

Troyfullbuster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Troyfullbuster
I love Mario in the demo, I also picked him when I played the Wii U version, though I think Pikachu is the best combo-er off all the characters

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Link = Mario >> Villager >= Pikachu >>>> Mega Man

Really liking what I've played of Link so far. Mario too is so much fun to play. I just cannot get the hang of Mega Man though.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Villianger - er Killager -er Villager

I love his pocket ability, I don't know why but it is way too fun. I love pocketing a fully charged arrow from link in sudden death and being like "NOPE" shoot it back and he's gone.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Mario's my favourite because his combos are satisfying and he's easy to pick up and play. :) I'm not a big fan of Pikachu or Megaman as they don't come naturally to me at all, and I personally find Villager somewhat boring, but Link also feels really good. :)

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Mario's my favourite because his combos are satisfying and he's easy to pick up and play. :) I'm not a big fan of Pikachu or Megaman as they don't come naturally to me at all, and I personally find Villager somewhat boring, but Link also feels really good. :)
Have you ever played Animal Crossing? If you haven't that might be why he is boring to you. His moveset is full of references to the franchise.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Looks like some people don't know how to use Megaman. Same way that I don't know how to use Villager. :awesome:
Eh, I'd rather learn Megaman than learn Villager anyways.

D

Deleted member

Mario is my best because of his improved killing potential. His slam dunk is real easy to land by comparison to his Brawl incarnation, and his grabs are real good too.

Link is so much better than his older incarnations, but I'm not holding my breath about maining him in the full release. Apart from the bombs, he's just not my style.

Pikachu I dislike with a passion because he's meant to be played annoyingly. Same for his CPU. Can't really adore that roll-spamming at all. He's probably my second-best character though.

Villager I like because of the concept, but he isn't that fun to play against the CPU with. Just tree-spam and bowling ball and you're good to go really. Need to get a real human player to try him on in order to deduce his worth properly.

Megaman I can't. I can play him better than Villager but I can't with his fighting style. No. His hype-beam final smash is beautiful and all but...

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is absolutely horrible now. He was awesome back in 64 and Melee, he's fallen into some tough times now. However, Mario and Link seem to be insanely buffed, which is nice. Megaman is good only for the smash attacks, and Villager kinda varies for me.

LUIGIFAN222

Smash Rookie
I personally have a lot of fun with Megaman, tho everyone around me seems to dislike playing as him. I Like the sort of middle ground between speed and power he has. though his neutral a can go F*** itself

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
I'm starting to like Villager at first, I haven't get the AC:NL yet for a year and I still can't remove my desire for one. Anyway, after a few matches, I discovered I also liked pikachu, I sort of like fast attackers then. I'm having a difficult time with megaman, not used to his projectile attacks, though I know in time I might get used to him.

Mario and Link, er they're okay I guess. one thing is I don't favor Mario because too popular, and Link since I dislike swords( I find swords mainstream, I guess it's just me), and I like Gimmicky stuff more like magic.

eWaltz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Waltz.exe
Definitely Link. He's been improved upon a ton and it's nice seeing him able to officially stomp on other characters (and not just in Project M). That beings said, I'm really enjoying everyone in their own way. Pikachu's speed is nice and makes him fun to work with, and Mario's dunk is insane when it goes off. Megaman has his flaws, but he's still fairly fun to use as a projectile character. And Villager... well you know.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is who I voted for:

In all seriousness, everything about Link felt very good in this demo. His Gale Boomerang is a devious tool. His Jump Attack, not only is it a nice homage to the series, but it is also really hard-hitting. The back dodge (the backflip from 3D Zelda games) is also very appreciated.

Perhaps, with all the treatment Link is getting now, perhaps Sakurai doesn't hate Zelda.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
Mario, he looks pretty good, at least to me. I found Link to be OK, Pikachu the same. Villager and Mega Man, I'm not sure what to think of them. They have cool stuff, but at the same time they have stuff I hate a lot (example: Mega Man's tilts). But I might end up liking them a bit more when the game finally comes out, though I'm not planning on maining them.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Link is definitely my favorite by far, with Villager and Mario coming in second and third place respectively. Link definitely got the buffs that I wanted so that I could feel confident maining him once again, and so unless another character blows me away, he'll probably end up being my main for the full game.

Top Bottom