• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who HAS useed sonic?

hopp

Smash Rookie
I don't usually search topics out before I post one, so please forgive me if someone has posted a similiar topic..
Now, on to the post.. Has smashboards users actually used sonic for a fair amount of time? I don't own the japan version of brawll but I got a good 3 - 4 hours of playtime and it seems to me like people are underestimating him. Has people who know the basic physics of the game and such and actually used sonic (Meaning taken at least sometime to realize his potential?) Think sonic is going to be a character that isn't high tier? Honestly I'm sure his speed is something that once mastered is ... wow. But because of my limited expierience, there really may be tons of things he cannot do.

InSaNiTy

Smash Cadet
You guys cant make tier predictions that anyone is going to take seriously until there is at least some sort of metagame data.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've been playing him for a few weeks... I know it's not like forever or anything, but it's a decent amunt to get a ffel for him and UNLESS we discover teir changing techniques, he'll stay on the lower end.

hopp

Smash Rookie
I've been playing him for a few weeks... I know it's not like forever or anything, but it's a decent amunt to get a ffel for him and UNLESS we discover teir changing techniques, he'll stay on the lower end.

That sucks.
Well we'll just see 3 more days.
At least that's what it feels like to people getting it at midnight ^_^

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Keep dreaming son.

We can't accurately predict what's going to happen in LOL TIERS at this point.

BTW I've played him and seen better people, my prediction is mid, especially since buffed air game allows him to gimp more easily than Young Link could in Melee.

And HOW many people have claimed that they'll be the best at Sonic? Got a long line son.

I think Lucky's right. Good god my topic needs to be stickied.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Keep dreaming son.

We can't accurately predict what's going to happen in LOL TIERS at this point.

BTW I've played him and seen better people, my prediction is mid, especially since buffed air game allows him to gimp more easily than Young Link could in Melee.

And HOW many people have claimed that they'll be the best at Sonic? Got a long line son.

can you honestly say you are surprised? you knew going in that every n00b and his mother would want to play sonic.

As for teirs at this point... they could be made with a couple stipulations:
-there could really be only 3 teirs, top, middle and bottom because the game is too fresh to try to rank all the characters, but you should be able to get a general feel for them.
-the teir list would be, and would have to be looked at as incredibly tentative meaning that anyone in it could move anywhere else... itwould be more a first impression's teir list than anything at this point...

as for sonic's supposed teir... I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'd put him in the lower end. that having been said, I definitely don't think he'll come out as being the outright worst.. so maybe upper und of the lows?

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
it is really way to early to make tier predictions, although due to the fact that sonic is a 3rd party character i think that he will not be as good because nintendo doesn't want a sega character beating up on their characters so they prolly gave him couple of weaknesses that will keep him in the middle tiers but who knows its all about the people who use sonic not sonic himself.

LuCKy

Smash Master
i kinda have to agree i cant see sonic on the top half at all.....mid to top of bottom

although i still think this can change lol im to big of a sonic fanboy to believe he'll be low tier

\

cool ^__^

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
well i tried out sonic and for a first time user of sonic he is pretty fun. He is a bit tricky if ur not used to fast characters since his speed is pretty high, and alot of his attacks are kinda mindgamey to me. Takes time on figuring out how to space well for smashes and some aerials - his recovery isnt all that bad too

well for tiers...i cant say cuz even though his speed is good and can mindgame u pretty well, he doesnt have a big arsenal of KO moves. At the same time though hes fun.

Top Bottom