• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what SWFers here don't actually... ya know.. Smash? AKA: Innuendo? You decide.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I think that I pretty much browse all of the Smash related boards equally(except for 64. I rarely ever go there) and there are a few members here that I don't ever see on those boards.

If you're an SWFer that doesn't Smash, why not? What made you quit? And if you never did, what brought you here in the first place?

Sorry if this topic has been done before.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I play Brawl occasionally, but not too often. I haven't played it in a few weeks.

Why not? It's just boring. There's nothing there to keep me playing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I've come to realize I am just not a fan of fighting games. Oh well.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't even own a Wii, and I only play Melee with friends, roughly one week a year, full items and we tend to end up just doing "jiggly puff b roll" fights on that map with buildings.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Don't own a Wii, and I play Melee vs CPUs just to kill time while waiting for stuff to render on my computer. Yay.

EDIT: Forgot the "why" part of the OP. Don't want to buy a Wii because I bought a GC for Melee back in 2001, and I sorely regret it (I love my Melee, but Nintendo just hasn't done it for me for years). Brawl is entertaining, but there's nothing else on the Wii that interests me nearly as much as so many titles on the other systems.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I don't play it since no one around me wants to play the game. Call of Duty 4 takes most of my gaming time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Why are you a SBRoomer then? :/
He's a mod, yo. They kind of... see everything.

I don't play it since no one around me wants to play the game. Call of Duty 4 takes most of my gaming time.
You live in FLORIDA. Eff Ell Ohh Arr Eye Dee Ayhe. You could probably drive twenty minutes and find someone who plays smash. Get outta here.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I play Brawl, and occasionally Melee, though I'm no longer in the competitive scene.

I guess it's just that my priorities have changed.

D13

Smash Ace
I play Brawl occasionally, but not too often. I haven't played it in a few weeks.

Why not? It's just boring. There's nothing there to keep me playing.
I'm pretty much in line with you. I've just been putting my time into games that have been interesting me more.

I might try to get back into Brawl sometime.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kinda don't really play hardcore at all. I just do it casually, although it's still fun.

I'm an art student.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
I used to play Melee when I was in high school and it was still new. I loved the game back then, and would go to my friends houses on weekends to play. But that was like freshman year. When I got to college, I ended up playing Mario Kart Double Dash almost constantly with the other guys on my floor freshman year. Melee was always sitting there, ready to be played, but just wasn't as fun as Double Dash. Now I play more Mortal Kombat and SSX On Tour. I'm really into the whole fact that most used Gamecube games cost about $5 now. It's great for a poor college student who only really plays video games to waste time once or twice a week.

And I don't own a Wii. Nor have I ever even seen Brawl in real life, let alone played it. Maybe eventually I'll give it a try. I'm sure it's fun.

But I just like the community here. And I've been here for awhile (mostly in lurker mode, but whatever), so I still like to post occasionally.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
GoldShadow said:
I'm sure most of us came for the Smash originally, but many of us stayed for everything else.
Quoted for truthiness and veracity.

Solidsnake01, did you fail to read the previous posts? Or is your short term memory just a little off today?

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
You may have noticed that a large portion of the site is dedicated to non-Smash related boards. I'm sure most of us came for the Smash originally, but many of us stayed for everything else.
But wouldn't the topics be biased and stale by the fact your only talking/debating with likeminded people? The sample would be Ex-smash players right? Wouldn't you be limiting yourself?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I actually do Smash Brawl often, and ocasionally smash Melee, but as you may not know, I like to be all over the place even though I spend most of the time in Brawl and tourney boards

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I came to the website to learn about Melee before it came out. I never got competitive or anything with it. I barely play Brawl, it's kind of sad since I own the game.

I steer clear of posting in any of the Smash rooms, because most of the time it's either garbage posts or advanced techniques that I don't understand.

Really, though, there's a lot more to "Smash World Forums" than just Smash.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I don't play brawl very much. Laggy Online matches were what drove me away. Though I still play on occasion.
I don't play Melee much anymore because the closest competitive guys live a minimum of an hour away from me, and thats too far to drive for a couple hours of smashing.

I also work a lot and will be attending college full time soon so I just don't have a lot of time to keep up with everything.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Like a lot of people who joined the site, I used to think I was pretty good! There was a brief time that I played Melee competitively, but I never really got all that into it. Never bought a Wii, so I never did get Brawl, and I've only played a handful of times. I just get bored with games after a while, y'know? Well, except Diablo 2. *cough*

Blackadder

Smash Master
I came here to... I think learn what the hell "wavedashing" was.
I'm really just hiding in the shadows reading Pool Room and the odd story. I don't even post much.

Kinda sad, actually. I'm starting to even check out TV Tropes forums and site more.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer but i wud say alot of smashers here dont play competitively yet mainly coz of skill level or ease of gettin to a tourney. but the board offers alot more anyway. i've been more dedicated to this board than any other so far. its different. ppl r 'generally' nicer :)

Yaya

Smash Champion
I play Smash I lot, I just avoid General Brawl Discussion.

What made me really hate spam was being a non-spamming member of R.I.D.L.E.Y.

'Nuff Said.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i haven't touched smash for a while, like a few months. and i don't consider brawl smash.

Top Bottom