• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Uh, what happened?

Tera253

Smash Ace
not to sound like a complete idiot, (probably will anyways *shrugs*) but how did Pikachu go from so High in SSB64 to so Low in SSBM? Did he get worse, or did everyone just get way more improvement than he did?
~Tera253~

N64

Smash Champion
A lot of what made him good in 64 was changed (fair, bair, infinate thunder height, throws), and a lot of other characters got improvements (or were introduced into the game with a moveset that is currently considered better than pika's). The game mechanics themselves changed as well between the two games, and these changes helped some other characters more than pika.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
The small shield and lack of reach are his too biggest flaws, which weren't the same in 64.

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
also, fair and dair are now pretty much useless, previously really good moves.
apart from his upsmash, pretty much everything good about him was made worse. It's what they did to kirby too, and what they're probably gonna do to fox in brawl.

Tera253

Smash Ace
yeah, Tera does recall the infinite thunder and the absurd grab range. *slaps forehead* but then again, everyone's throw distance is crap now except like 5, 2 of which are Mewtwo's.
the f-air Tera does recall was sped up in the same manner that Mario's ^B, Samus' ^B, Mario/Luigi's VB, etc. were when yo hit someone with them. Also, wasn't Pika's downsmash degraded? 'cause that old roundhouse kick-ish thing had some real cute knockback.
~Tera253~

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Everytime I remember Pika doing a dsmash in SSB, I always said he had a future in breakdancing, until Shiek came along.

Captain Smashie I disagree with you on Pika's fair and dair, I'm starting to put both of them in my game a lot more than usual now.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Pika's f air was so much cooler looking in SSB64 with the freeze framing and all.It was like it was in slow motion.His up b is far more versatile in melee than in 64 if you ask me.The thunder was godly in 64 though.Maybe the creators of brawl will be nice enough to make him better again.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
yea. i miss the infinite reach thunder. its annoying to jump and reach them or in whispy woods not even able to reach them at all.

pikachu's air game is the best thing going for him at the moment. hopefully that will improve in brawl

Hope_fighter

Smash Rookie
I usually just go to work at anyone who happens to be in the air, in free for all. But in one on one fights, its very hard to get that percentage up on your opponent. I highly dislike his backair attack...he leaves himself so open.

Top Bottom