• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... releasing an official build.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's been what? 3 months since the last official? And now we've labeled the newest nightly 5.0? What is this? Why did we skip to 5.0 and then not release an official build? 4.1 is already so behind, why make it even further behind? I feel this is what we should do:

Release 4.2 official with the new engine codes and hitbox stuff we did that's for 4.2, removing anything from the 5.0 frame speed engine, removing SSS, remove the ROB tweaks (all of them), and setting WFR onto Mario Bros. Effectively creating a new build of 4.2 but, making it official because we move onto 5.0, essentially saying "we agreed to all of this stuff in this build so we think it is solid enough now for an official release".

Thoughts?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think this is the worst idea I ever read.

No I jest. This man speaks the truth. We do this a lot because people still use Nightlies for tournies, but we need an official set again. We are coming up on the start of school. Seems like a reasonable release date.

D

Deleted member

ok I'm down with an official build, but NO PSA. maybe next official but this one not yet.
It would want to actually finish porting the CSS etc. codes for PAL first, so I dunno when we plan exactly to release it, but say next week would be fine.

Revven

FrankerZ
ok I'm down with an official build, but NO PSA. maybe next official but this one not yet..
That's basically what I was saying, all of it would be .GCT with the new engines to prevent the idle animation freezes and subtract any new hitboxes from 5.0's engines (only the ones we approved of for that set). Tone down some stuff, remove stuff, etc. and we'd have a good official that would last a good couple of months.

The Cape

Smash Master
The nightly overall seems pretty solid except for a few errors that came about. If we can get a small concentration to fix those, it would be a good overall build IMO.

Also, we shouldnt release the official build until its Gold, it should be with PSA, and PAL should be able to be right there with us IMO.

shanus

Smash Hero
We released a nightly and everyone is happy. There is no surge rush to release a crappy official build. I think we should focus on ironing out bugs and making a gold release and just forget the concept of an official build until we do.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea it kinda has been forever since an official release. imo 5.0 should be after switching to pac loading with the help of psa (since most characters have been ported to that afaik).

im not trying to have btl2 run the same current official set btl did lol

Edit: I just realized something!
Can you guys get whatever nightly is your best so far and maybe make a tweak or 2 if needed and make an official release in the next 2 days or so? There should really be an official set for the SNES tourney!

Veril

Frame Savant
The nightly overall seems pretty solid except for a few errors that came about. If we can get a small concentration to fix those, it would be a good overall build IMO.

Also, we shouldnt release the official build until its Gold, it should be with PSA, and PAL should be able to be right there with us IMO.
I agree with this. The current nightly is a vast improvement over the current official build. We shouldn't backtrack in regards to changes. That just confuses things even further.

Top Bottom