• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So people really won't buy this game if Chorus Men are confirmed?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Even if the Chorus Kids are in the game, that still would not stop me from buying the game.

Besides, I'm pretty much looking forward to seeing how Sakurai implemented them into the game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No, it'll be just like Brawl. Tons of people claimed that they wouldn't buy the game because Mewtwo/Roy were cut, ROB was in, and Ridley/K.Rool/Isaac/Megaman/Geno weren't playable but, after about a month of outrage, people settled down. There will be a few people who will carry a grudge and not want them in the next game but the number of people who actually care for that long is pretty small and most people will wind up just accepting the game as it is.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't see why one character being in would affect a choice to buy a game, nor do I see what's so bad about the Chorus Men.

I mean, everyone hated the idea of the Miis being in, and boom, they were in. And then they were made unique and kinda cool.

Then Pac-Man came and was done justice.

Sakurai, pls. Pls confirm the Chorus Men!
It would be sad if the Chorus Men get in over other Rythm Heaven characters. I know he isn't very popular, but I think the Monkey from Rhythm Heaven Fever would make for a cute character.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
To be blunt, if anyone doesn't buy the game, just because he doesn't like 1 character...is an idiot.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
At this point the Chorus Men are just another requested character. No different than Ridley, K. Rool, Krystal, etc.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hitting people that the newcomer slots are beginning to dwindle in number, and a good number of far more popular characters have yet to be announced thus making people understandably a little bit put off by another WTF character.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No. In my opinion the confirmation of Chorus Men is even more reason to buy the game.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
They're kidding. They'll be fine the next day.

As for me, I don't even know what a Chorus Man is, so I won't care if he's in or not, lest I somehow get Rhythm Heaven.

the man

Smash Apprentice
If Falco or Falcon aren't in the new smash, I ain't buying.

It's not the inclusion of a character that would stop my purchase, it'd be the removal of one of my favorite Character(s).

Last edited:

mkwLM

Smash Rookie
I know someone who legit refused to buy Mario Kart 8 because Diddy wasn't included, so those people exist. I'll have fun with the game either way though. No Smash game is complete without a couple oddball roster choices.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Really, Chorus Men wouldn't even be at the top of my list of irritating newcomers. I'm still a bit chafed about Pac Man and Miis, even if I was expecting them.

I'll be even more irritated when confirmation of Lucas and Ivysaur's absences from the game. Cuts are bs especially since he cuts the best characters imo

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Some key characters I want are missing (if it's all true)

But I said it before the game's first trailer and I'll say it again. One character had to be shown for me to get hyped and buy no matter what and that was Mega Man.

Sold.

edit: One of my favorites the last two games has been Game & Watch, I love the quirkiness, so I'm curious what Chorus Men might have to offer

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I know someone who legit refused to buy Mario Kart 8 because Diddy wasn't included, so those people exist. I'll have fun with the game either way though. No Smash game is complete without a couple oddball roster choices.
So basically that guy didn't buy MK8 because a character THAT ISN'T EVEN FROM THE MARIO SERIES didn't make the cut? God, people sometimes...

Really, Chorus Men wouldn't even be at the top of my list of irritating newcomers. I'm still a bit chafed about Pac Man and Miis, even if I was expecting them.

I'll be even more irritated when confirmation of Lucas and Ivysaur's absences from the game. Cuts are bs especially since he cuts the best characters imo
Ivysaur was one of the most creative, fun and unique characters :c Charizard might be more popular, but Char's much more boring and generic to play.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I mean, I don't love the idea of chorus men, but at least it's better than killing Peter Parker and replacing him just to fill a diversity status quota. I'd buy a game with chorus men, but I'd stop reading a comic that did the other thing

I'm sorry @ xxMiles xxMiles I just get angry whenever I see your name/avatar combination it's gonna be hard for me to ever have a civil discussion with you

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Honestly, the Chorus Kids are pretty low on my list of concerns as much as I hate them, to the point that I'm not sure they'll even get in over a Rhythm Heaven character with some actual appeal.

I'm far more interested in the fates of Snake, Ganondorf, Lucas and Mewtwo, how well Chrom/Robin & Shulk will turn out (assuming they make it), and which DK rep we'll get.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
There are people, yes. Go over to the Mario Kart forums and see for yourself; there are actually people who didn't buy because Pink Gold Peach got in and / or Bowser Jr. and Diddy, etc were cut from Mario Kart 8.

As for the actual question... Ehh, I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of Chorus Men in concept, but I do know that Sakurai would do something neat with them if he did add them. I think Chorus Men receive a lot of hate because people don't take well to the actual 'leak' that they're included in, not so much the character. People are afraid that if the Chorus Men are revealed, along with Shulk and Chrom, that it's the end of the line for newcomers, and their favourite character didn't get into the game. I'm far more concerned about the veterans we haven't see yet though, and what kind of changes they've got when we do. I also wonder if we're going to get another Donkey Kong rep above anything else.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
People is mad because chorus men seems random, not iconic and plain bad.

Pretty much like ROB as being the wtf character. He sucked major balls... and no one was impressed by his inclution

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
People is mad because chorus men seems random, not iconic and plain bad.

Pretty much like ROB as being the wtf character. He sucked major balls... and no one was impressed by his inclution
ROB was the best thing ever, and he had a major role in SSE. Like...MAJOR role.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
ROB was the best thing ever, and he had a major role in SSE. Like...MAJOR role.
IM not talking about his role in the game. He Obvs was a good fighter, and whatever with the sub sapce emissary, that thing doesnt matter.

But as a surprise character..he was totally meh, at least in comparison with sonic and snake and Mr GyW.

TLDR: RoB is not iconic enought and doesnt had what it took to be the stellar wtf character.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I'm seriously thinking about not buying SSB4 if Takamaru is not playable. I mean, I like Smash for the characters. This list of newcomers don't really appeal me. Rosalina is the only character I really like. I guess I'll stick with Brawl.
About the Chorus Men, I wonder why Sakurai choose them, when they look so bland. Rhythm Heaven Girl or the Wrestler would be better choices.

Yeah, I know Mr Game & Watch looks bland, but one bland-looking character is enough.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm seriously thinking about not buying SSB4 if Takamaru is not playable. I mean, I like Smash for the characters. This list of newcomers don't really appeal me. Rosalina is the only character I really like. I guess I'll stick with Brawl.
About the Chorus Men, I wonder why Sakurai choose them, when they look so bland. Rhythm Heaven Girl or the Wrestler would be better choices.

Yeah, I know Mr Game & Watch looks bland, but one bland-looking character is enough.
Mr. G&W doesn't look bland :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going to buy any Smash game, Chorus Men or not. Outragious comments like "No Mewtwo, no buy" and the like are equally dumb. 90% of people who hated R.O.B bought Brawl anyway.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Actually, I don't think he does, but I expected people to use that as an argument.
People tend to confuse 'minimalist' with bland. Being a pretty barebones character (Visually) actually makes Mr. G&W all the more interesting to look at.

MINUSTHEFIGHTER

Smash Rookie
NNID
trueb7ue
3DS FC
1461-6195-7866

What if it was actually Boyz II Men and Gematsu just got it wrong?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
People tend to confuse 'minimalist' with bland. Being a pretty barebones character (Visually) actually makes Mr. G&W all the more interesting to look at.
That's pretty ironic but that's the truth. The main reason he's my main is because of how his design just feels so out of place. It makes him very unique and add the originality made on his moveset and you get the perfect main for me. That's also why pacman could be potentially my new main but we'll see...

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That's pretty ironic but that's the truth. The main reason he's my main is because of how his design just feels so out of place. It makes him very unique and add the originality made on his moveset and you get the perfect main for me. That's also why pacman could be potentially my new main but we'll see...
Well, Pac-Man seems to fit right with the rest of the cast, mainly with Megaman, since both of them are their much-more-memorable classic versions. I think the reason Mr. Game & Watch feels so weird is that he's a 2D character walking around a tridimensional world, and unlike most Ninty chars, he hasn't got a makeover since his first appearance, he's just a clump of liquid crystal/subspace poop that manifests itself on two dimensions only.

This has to be one of the things that could make me love Chorus Men, a new, unique concept, mostly a rhythm-based character, I've always wanted the Protagonist from Electronic Superjoy in Smash, but since he's never been in a Nintendo console, the Chorus Men are the best bet for a rhythm-based, musical character, I mean, just look at how awesome Big Band on Skullgirls is! They could be very cool or very lame, and the line's thin.

On another note, she's already deconfirmed as an AT, but Barbara the Bat would make a way cooler music-based character, or K.K Slider (K.K Slider > Tom Nook). I just think there's so many characters that could fit the archetype better than Chorus Men, and most of the choices are much more memorable, hell, the Chorus Men aren't even the most well-known chars from Rhythm Heaven, the Wrestler and the Monkey, or the girl probably take that spot.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Won't stop me from buying the game, but it'll definitely look like a massive waste of a possible character. Mewtwo had a unique moveset and is very popular, yet gets shunted for Chorus Men? What poop.

Still, there are other characters I could comfortably throw away before then.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ivysaur was one of the most creative, fun and unique characters :c Charizard might be more popular, but Char's much more boring and generic to play.
Glad I'm not the only one. Ivysaur and Squirtle were fantastic. Charizard was "meh". After Charizard was announced, I felt like I was the only one who was genuinely disappointed.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
If/When a trailer for Chorus Men gets released, I fully expect most naysayer's opinion to do a 180 (or at least 135). Sakurai has an uncanny ability to use a minute or two of game footage to make even the most absurd character choice look amazing.

mkwLM

Smash Rookie
Won't stop me from buying the game, but it'll definitely look like a massive waste of a possible character. Mewtwo had a unique moveset and is very popular, yet gets shunted for Chorus Men? What poop.

Still, there are other characters I could comfortably throw away before then.
You haven't seen Chorus Men's moveset, how do you know Mewtwo's is better? Granted, I like Mewtwo and hoped he would return, but there's no reason Chorus Men can't end up being your new favorite character. Keep an open mind!

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
You haven't seen Chorus Men's moveset, how do you know Mewtwo's is better? Granted, I like Mewtwo and hoped he would return, but there's no reason Chorus Men can't end up being your new favorite character. Keep an open mind!
Actually Mewtwo isn't my favourite character, but I like that his moveset is more unique than the clone movesets of some characters.
Regardless, I would say that there are a number of characters that are more popular than Chorus Men and are more ideal for Smash, but given that the Gematsu leak hasn't been disproved yet, Chorus Men's inclusion is looking increasingly more likely. It's a shame, but I would think there are better candidates for a spot in Smash.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really think the idea for what we suspect getting, a rhythm-themed character, would be loads of fun. Definitely charming too for those not seen SSB before or most of the franchises it's featuring. I'm though really confident on Sakurai delivering a great moveset with Chorus Men.

Top Bottom