• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So No More Amy Avis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Reasoning.

She is pissed an upset about and annoyed that people who are using her face

So guys like stop wearing them.

and I am hoping MODs read this so they can remove the pics.(If it become a problem)

Facebook
is officially pissed off and creeped out by everyone on Smashboards. Get a ****ing life.

I'm not even a member on Smashboards. It just really makes me mad that there was no permission granted to spread my face across a forum.

and she would like this

Bleh, whatev. I just want an apology from the person who started it.

Yuh So Stingers apoligize

BEHR

Smash Hero
Copy Paste from Foxy cause I am a Beast.

Hey guys, bad news: Keith showed Amy this group and she called me and was seriously mad and creeped out. She said we didn't have any permission to use her photo and that it was creepy that so many people she doesn't know or barely knows are using her face. She said that it really makes her not want to come to any more tournaments if smashers are obsessing over her and somewhat stalking her.

And we all pretty much understand that and knew it was gonna happen eventually, so...

Since we all respect her and don't mean her any harm I think that we should try to rectify the situation as much as possible (because we don't want her thinking that smashers are creepy stalkers, and because she's a close friend of mine).

Basically, that means that we have to take her off of our avatars like the asked, and in order to regain her trust in smashers, who really aren't scary people and just like to have fun, we should think of things we can do to help things out.

I personally think that it would be a really good idea for members of this group to post on this message board a short (or longer if you feel the need) apology and just state that you understand that using her photo isn't appropriate and that we respect her and just wanted to have some fun with a Smashboards trend, not stalk someone.

I'm sure it will make her feel quite a bit better about it if we all revert our avatars and and there are a lot of heartfelt apologies posted.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it really could only last so long, and I think we're all understanding people that can make a bit of an effort to help us not seem like a bunch of creeps.

Good luck with it, and if you guys have any other suggestions for what we can do to fix the situation, please let everyone know!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well

thats not legit

me and dark hart started it as a joke

and then **** happened and she got mad?

guess i'll apologize

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yuh Keith be snitchin I guess

Whatever just get it over with its not a big deal.

BEHR

Smash Hero
she actually like the pimp ones.

the on susa had and the one solid had she liked.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
<content redacted>

THIS!!!

IM LOLLLING SO HARD!!!

ahAHahhahaha

Look, I thought you guys were just making fun of her goofy face/smile...so i was about to join the crowd an use it as my avatar too cuz i thought it was mad funny,,,

I guess not to her. Tell her to get a sense of humor its not like we were...whatever

yea smashers are real good with women...some are though. Like Dop, Sheer, an xYz

And masky xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Pi

Smash Hero
And I always thought the way to a girls pants was getting a bunch of random strangers that I don't even know, let alone her, change their avatars to a picture I stole off of facebook.

WHO KNEW!?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I don't know how this epidemic started but if the girl is offended then you guys need to take the avatars off. I'll also forward this thread to the other mods.

this is smashboards, not facebook lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Good job! +1 for the Smash Bros. community right?!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Good job! +1 for the Smash Bros. community right?!
o lawd Kawaiibunny, you know it's not a good idea to post here........in the lions' den >_>

lol anyway, If i see anyone with that avatar they'll have a good serving of points =D

Edit: after they had time to see this thread =P

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
LOL. It's called not being a douchebag. grow up
I don't know what's funnier in this whole debacle

the idiots (No disrespect to Stingers) who followed this blind, mundane scheme

Or the idiots (No disrespect to... ehh) who, after the "fad" ended crawl out of the woodwork to chastise the ones who did it.

multi-track drifting edit: This topic is now about How Maynard can be so good with Tool, but APC makes me want to bludgeon something.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
I don't know what's funnier in this whole debacle

the idiots (No disrespect to Stingers) who followed this blind, mundane scheme

Or the idiots (No disrespect to... ehh) who, after the "fad" ended crawl out of the woodwork to chastise the ones who did it.

multi-track drifting edit: This topic is now about How Maynard can be so good with Tool, but APC makes me want to bludgeon something.
look how meta this guy is

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, this was expected. It was a kinda funny fad for about a day or so, but you knew that it would be kinda creepy for her, should she ever see it.

And I gotta admit, some of the pimped ones were pretty great... and made me laugh... I didn't really want to participate in the fad, since I thought it might mean creeping out a poor girl, but I watched it for a while.

Anyways, since nobody's really doing it, to this Amy girl:

I know that you probably don't know most of the people who used your tag, or me, for that matter... but please realize that the avatar fad was started as just a joke, and not really meant as an act of stalking, or anything of the like. You have every right to be offended, and request the pics to be taken off (which I think they are now).
Please don't let this ruin your involvement, or entertainment, with the Smash community. As a girl, you are definitely in the minority, and some Smashers don't really know how to deal with that (not a bash at stingers... I think he honestly just meant it as a joke... mainly talking about the naturally awkward nature of quite a few smashers I actually know), but there are some honestly good people in the Smash community... I have met some of the better friends I have (and indirectly, my fiancee) through playing this game competitively, and to let that go because of an ill-planned joke would be sad.
I apologize for the community for taking your picture like that (didn't really participate, but still...). No actual harm was intended, and it was just a fairly dumb joke. I hope this doesn't stop you from staying in the community.

/apology

I know I wasn't really a part of this, but I thought something needed to be written up for her, at least... lotta Smashers seem to go "OOOOH, A GIRL!!!!" even IRL in tournaments... so that's gotta be awkward naturally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom