• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I was in an online tourney

Duality

Smash Journeyman
for this site I go on. I was joined a league for fun and I was fighting an MK (go figure) and I kinda shaped my own technique. It's nothing special but I figured I'd share anyways. Maybe it'll hatch ideas for some AT stuff. While I was hanging off the ledge MK was heading toward me and I randomly pressed down followed by a jump on the Y or X button whatever (GC controller) and did a spin dash and it was a pretty tight curve. So I went in training to try something out and I made up this lil thing I like to call "Sharking". What I do is if I'm on the ledge I jump down and quickly jump up and do my spin dash. Down B. From FD it gets me across the map if I don't dash cancel or stop. But I was just experimenting around and it's pretty solid for getting dash combos in right as you come up 'cause I have a pretty hard time getting back on the stage offensively... Against MK anyway

And what I thought it was cool was that when you just press down b without tapping it again you go back into your normal state so you might be able to fake out some people, and as your normal you can spring up and maybe land a dair from a spring or whatever you want. And it can get your dair right on the edge for edge guarders.

Useless/stupid/Simpsons did it whatever. I know I'm gonna use it on some situations. Just thought I'd share and hopefully spark something for the pros.

I wish I had a video for you guys though.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
so basicly. you used ASC to get on the ledge? well props for doing it because i too am an advocate... kinda makes me mad tho because i mentioned this earlier today and kinda got a "oh that is terrible thing 2do" response.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Really? Well whatever. I think it's a pretty nice way to get back on the stage offensively and with plenty of attack options.

Although. Good job to you, sir.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So to the right character at the right percentage this could lead to an ASC cancel > Up smash spike... Good find Duality.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont know who told you that Rase, it wasnt me, its a half decent recovery, i just dont feel that its viable for my game, because the people i play with are horribly aggresive edge guarders. and they will smack me to my death before i can hit the b button twice to initate my ASC lol. ill be using it for to get my opponent off guard tho, on occasion

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
alot ppl use it. i do.

as long as they aren't necessarily edge guarders... coz then u can b owned. pressing back to HA can also work.

Top Bottom